YesNoOk

AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) By SirGuille Updated (09/21/2022) (Read 7244 times)

Started by SirGuille, September 01, 2022, 02:23:52 am
Share this topic:
AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) By SirGuille Updated (09/21/2022)
#1  September 01, 2022, 02:23:52 am
  • Mugen Char Creator
    • Mexico
Hello there......has been a while.
I'm SirGuille, better known as "Guille_N_Roll"
Today i bring to you my new creation, i've been playing one of the most underrated SNK fighting game of all, Kizuna Encounter, and then i questioned myself: Why there are not enough chars in mugen with that style?
So, i felt a bit creative and i put one of the most iconic villains of SNK with that style: GEESE HOWARD!
I choose this Geese because AOF2 char sprites looks a similar to Kizuna Encounter char sprites, the only difference is all Kizuna Encounter chars have a weapon and AOF2 Chars doesn't (except for Mr.Big and Lee's claws), maybe those two chars could been fit so much better than geese but HEY what the hell? IS GEESE HOWARD!
Anyway; i based on Ahuron's Kizuna Encounter Code chars to start with Geese (thanks a lot Ahuron), but i made a lot of changes to be more accurate to the original games:

*Chain combos speed
*Dash cancelling and Wave dashing
*Directional grabs
*Cancelin taunt with unused buttons
*Guard Cancel
*KO Slow motion
*English Win Quotes
*2 Super Moves (Just like King Leo)

Here is a video demostration:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Edit: Update 09/21/2022:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You can download him here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yirtxeea6ajge/MUGEN
Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:09:16 pm by SirGuille
Re: AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) By SirGuille Released
#2  September 01, 2022, 06:08:09 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
It is very nice to see you returned Guile_N_Roll, your SF2 edits were one of a kind and exactly what I was itching for. Very interesting choice of character and gameplay style too, it makes a lot of sense given King Leo in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum though.
#3  September 03, 2022, 11:25:39 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad to see you're still around!
So, are you going to make other character?
#4  September 03, 2022, 01:27:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
He just made one.  :???:

Congratulations on taking something old and making something new out of it. I especially like doing chain combos with F+kick in the middle. Some feedback:

- Seriously needs a readme
- Clsn2 for basic actions should remain the same throughout the entire animation
- Hitboxes could use some work. Sometimes Clsn2 are higher than the ground for no reason (example: standing kick) and they jump around a lot
- Maybe an "ABC" button layout would work better than KOF style
- The insane hitbox priority on normal attacks seems accurate to KE, so it seems weird that specific attacks have lower priority, such as standing strong attack
- "Roll" (F+z) turning behavior at the end is weird
- Not sure what your "Wave" command for dashing is trying to accomplish. I can't do it that way in KE and in fact it gets in the way of other inputs (Deadly Rave)
- In KE you know super moves are available when you character's life is red. Here you have to eyeball it. I suggest making Geese briefly flash when his life falls under half. Or you can make him have an empty powerbar when his life is above half, and full powerbar when it's less than half (only in Single mode)
- Related to the above, but you could use "lifemax / 2" instead of 500 since maximum life may change
- Since he has no use for the power meter, I think you could just leave it at the default 3000 instead of 5000
- The input for guard cancel should be QCF instead of HCF
- Could use throw teching
- Far/close normal attacks should be decided from "p2bodydist" instead of "p2dist"
- Close kick, close strong attack and Reppuken miss Kung Fu Man at point blank range
- Guard Cancel feels way too good, but it seems to be the same way in KE
- I noticed that standing and crouching strong attacks knock down jumping opponents, but that doesn't seem to be a thing in KE
- It's odd that you can't combo into Reppuken but can combo after it. Nothing wrong with it but may not be intentional
- "fwdthrow" command should be /F instead of /$F. Same for back throw
- Hishou Nichirin Zan is invulnerable and safe. Too strong
- You use some crazy Hitdef priorities like 8 and 99. The maximum is 7. I recommend just using 4 for every attack or doing what Kung Fu Man does
- Cancelling kick into F+kick seems repetitive. Maybe the F+kick attack could be just the second kick
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  September 03, 2022, 04:28:05 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
thats how it goes around here, people just ask for more and more
#6  September 04, 2022, 02:43:08 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
I don't think the comments asking for more similar projects are a demand but rather a genuine curiosity.

At least it happens to me that this char edit is a really interesting idea, within the general releases that appear, and can move towards a larger project. Obviously everything is subject to the feelings of "SirGuille".

But I admit that we can be a very anxious community or society.

Either way, it's good to see the return of "Guille_N_Roll", in his new alter ego, revitalizing old classics again.  :thumbsup:
#7  September 05, 2022, 07:11:13 pm
  • Mugen Char Creator
    • Mexico
Thanks a lot for your thoughts everyone, now i'm gonna respond the questions
It is very nice to see you returned Guile_N_Roll, your SF2 edits were one of a kind and exactly what I was itching for. Very interesting choice of character and gameplay style too, it makes a lot of sense given King Leo in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum though.
Thanks man, in the mugen universe there are a lot of kof style characters, that's why i made something different and underrated, my old creations are still my proud and they are gonna have a new update soon

Yes, Geese is the first from the KE system, but i want to do the originals in game just like Gordon who doesn't have a decent mugen version, and not only that, i'm working on KE style lifebars right now and the game based screenpack.

He just made one.  :???:

Congratulations on taking something old and making something new out of it. I especially like doing chain combos with F+kick in the middle. Some feedback:

- Seriously needs a readme
- Clsn2 for basic actions should remain the same throughout the entire animation
- Hitboxes could use some work. Sometimes Clsn2 are higher than the ground for no reason (example: standing kick) and they jump around a lot
- Maybe an "ABC" button layout would work better than KOF style
- The insane hitbox priority on normal attacks seems accurate to KE, so it seems weird that specific attacks have lower priority, such as standing strong attack
- "Roll" (F+z) turning behavior at the end is weird
- Not sure what your "Wave" command for dashing is trying to accomplish. I can't do it that way in KE and in fact it gets in the way of other inputs (Deadly Rave)
- In KE you know super moves are available when you character's life is red. Here you have to eyeball it. I suggest making Geese briefly flash when his life falls under half. Or you can make him have an empty powerbar when his life is above half, and full powerbar when it's less than half (only in Single mode)
- Related to the above, but you could use "lifemax / 2" instead of 500 since maximum life may change
- Since he has no use for the power meter, I think you could just leave it at the default 3000 instead of 5000
- The input for guard cancel should be QCF instead of HCF
- Could use throw teching
- Far/close normal attacks should be decided from "p2bodydist" instead of "p2dist"
- Close kick, close strong attack and Reppuken miss Kung Fu Man at point blank range
- Guard Cancel feels way too good, but it seems to be the same way in KE
- I noticed that standing and crouching strong attacks knock down jumping opponents, but that doesn't seem to be a thing in KE
- It's odd that you can't combo into Reppuken but can combo after it. Nothing wrong with it but may not be intentional
- "fwdthrow" command should be /F instead of /$F. Same for back throw
- Hishou Nichirin Zan is invulnerable and safe. Too strong
- You use some crazy Hitdef priorities like 8 and 99. The maximum is 7. I recommend just using 4 for every attack or doing what Kung Fu Man does
- Cancelling kick into F+kick seems repetitive. Maybe the F+kick attack could be just the second kick
Thanks a lot for your feedback, master. It's such an honor!
This is gonna help me so much for a solid base of Kizuna Encounter character style, and i also forgot the readme lol thanks for remind me.
The wave dashing in kizuna just like that is possible in original game, Maverick_Hunter the current KE top player in fightcade helped me with some game mechanics and combos (some of his matches are on youtube),  i tried to emulate the most accurate possible but i'm glad you gave me these details for a future update.
In KE there are some characters that can do an infinite loop, the most easly loop is joker making on corner F-Hard Hit+ HCF-punch, that's why some of geese combos have loops.
Again thanks a lot for your feedback, i'm gonna watch closely all the details.

I don't think the comments asking for more similar projects are a demand but rather a genuine curiosity.

At least it happens to me that this char edit is a really interesting idea, within the general releases that appear, and can move towards a larger project. Obviously everything is subject to the feelings of "SirGuille".

Either way, it's good to see the return of "Guille_N_Roll", in his new alter ego, revitalizing old classics again.  :thumbsup:
I started with an edit character like Evil Ryu SF2 style, something that didn't exist until capcom made their own sf2 version, but still have my own style, then i made my Kof style Zangief, now this.
Mugen gave us the oportunity to make a "what if" version of all our favorite characters and that's very cool.
Kizuna Encounter it is now a legit full project, but i'm not gonna forget my old sf2 creations, i'm planning to do something new for them. I've been following ELECTR0's work and it's such unbelievable the creativity that he has, reminds me so much how i like to do a lot of crazy epic things for my chars.
#8  September 13, 2022, 10:47:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Thanks. Sometime my use of english is not understood perfectly by some native english speakers.
And yes, of course I'm not requesting anything here.
As you said, I' just very curious to know if The great "classic" creator "Guille_N_Roll"   / "SirGuille" is back.
For me, it's instant Mugen nostalgy, so I can only feel excited to know if he's back or just releasing this character as a goodbye.

If I want a character to be made, I'll do it by myself. I only appreciate his work. :)
I hope it's clarified for the ones thinking I'm asking for content.

Yes, Geese is the first from the KE system, but i want to do the originals in game just like Gordon who doesn't have a decent mugen version, and not only that, i'm working on KE style lifebars right now and the game based screenpack.

Thanks for your reply! I think you are in the "list" of creators that makes me keeping up with the engine for so long time.
I can only be happy to see you around.

Particularly as a creator. Your project looks great, and Gordon would be a great idea for the reason you mentionned :)

Good luck with whatever project you decide to make in the future.
Again, I'm very glad to see you around.
#9  September 21, 2022, 06:36:14 pm
  • Mugen Char Creator
    • Mexico
AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) Updated.
Changes and download link in the first post.
Re: AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) By SirGuille Updated (09/21/2022)
#10  September 21, 2022, 09:48:36 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Very awesome. I used to roll with your Super Street Fighter chars back in the day.
Re: AOF2's Geese Howard (Kizuna Encounter style) By SirGuille Updated (09/21/2022)
#11  September 22, 2022, 05:51:51 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I like all of those changes except the hitboxes. Sorry but I think you made them worse. I don't know if Kizuna Encounter hitboxes have been made available, but I imagine they are similar to other SNK games.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#12  September 23, 2022, 06:18:54 pm
  • Mugen Char Creator
    • Mexico
I like all of those changes except the hitboxes. Sorry but I think you made them worse. I don't know if Kizuna Encounter hitboxes have been made available, but I imagine they are similar to other SNK games.
In Fightcade 2, there is a new "training mode" implemented in so many games where they show you all commands incluiding the hitboxes, Unfortunately, kizuna encounter hitboxes are not available yet, that's why it's too dificult for me to make those specific hitboxes, but maybe i can base in another snk games of that time and make them a little bit more accurate