Goals (Read 48554 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 07:40:41 pm
Re: Goals
#21  April 16, 2014, 08:01:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Before you begin with Chun-Li: please use the sff from this beta as the one on my site is old and heavily outdated.

In addition I can provide a sffv1 version of her sff if needed.

also
If you want you can take JMorphMan's sff and start reordering the sprites to be in Ryu's order.
what's wrong with my ordering >:[

#22  April 16, 2014, 11:19:34 am
Thanks, I figured I had to use that, so I downloaded it yesterday.
---
I don't know how to number some sprites: the "Gomen ne" sprites have to be 195 (taunt) or 181 (Win)? I know that they are also used when you win perfectly (without losing health).
The roll sprites have group number 700,710,715 so for Ryu, when you add them in the .sff keep note about this.
Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:49:21 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#23  April 16, 2014, 11:48:31 am
If some sprites are reused in different animations, what matters is the animation, so you can put the "gomen ne" sprites in whichever group you want, it doesn't matter. I'm sure she has other winposes that already use groups 181, 182 or 183 though, while I think she doesn't have as many taunts, so use 195 (or 196 if there's already a 195 etc.)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  April 16, 2014, 11:49:49 am
Thank you.
#25  April 16, 2014, 11:56:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah, the only ones I make sure to duplicate are the basic attacks in case there is a character that might need to place the opponent in a custom state and use those. I don't think there is a character in SF that would need to do that, but it's such a small issue. And it'll help as a template to have sprites in certain areas all the time too. If the air for group 210 uses sprites from group 200 then when you throw the air onto a different character it'd do the same thing.
#26  April 16, 2014, 07:37:46 pm
I finished renumbering the sprites, where do I upload it? In the dropbox? I'm asking this because I don't want to make some sort of confusion.
#27  April 16, 2014, 09:28:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just make a folder called Ryu in Dropbox and move his files there. Create a new one for ChunLi. I actually named the shared folder Ryu but you can't see it on your end because I can't share the index.
#28  April 16, 2014, 09:52:58 pm
Ok, I made the new folder inside MFG-Ryu, it's MFG-Chun Li. And I uploaded all there (.def,.air,.cmd, etc.).
#29  April 24, 2014, 02:05:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sub goal is to procure funding for Joe to be made

Renzo has come back from vacation so should be able to speed up the coding process for Ryu.

A detailed idea for Ryu is as follows

Try to make him source accurate (somewhere in line with all sources not a particular one)

Separate different aspects of his coding in bite sized chunks so each chunk can be assigned for future characters. Try to be detailed in what the coding does. Try to establish the variables. Build a solid Ryu and work out into more complex systems for him.
#30  May 23, 2014, 12:51:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Seems I hadn't updated the goals since the Renzo update. Renzo has had to drop out as the main coder for Ryu. So it's all me right now. Of course if anyone wishes to aid me I am very open to it!

The goal is the same. I'll code Ryu as best as I can. The current goal with Ryu is to finish Ryu's special attacks. Donkey kick and the air tatsumaki are all that are left. After that I will begin cleaning coding, adding documentation, data mining, and updating everything to be as accurate as possible to CVS2 and/or CVS2 inspired.

Since I cannot frame advance in CVS2 I will not be going for complete accuracy for each frame's tick. But will focus on how many ticks till the attack frames come out and end. Filling in the rest till it looks decent.

I apologize for not getting anything finished this week. I've been extremely busy working extra days at my job. Next week may be similar. Thank you for your patience.
#31  May 23, 2014, 07:41:14 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Sorry, I've been busy too. Those 2 specials are pretty basic. Balancing the air tatsu is harder than coding it

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#32  May 23, 2014, 11:29:10 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
You don't have to apologize. I have been busy this week too with the job hunting U_U and walking walking walking for finding something good, and in the end of the day I wanted everything but staring at a screen U_U.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#33  June 20, 2014, 07:53:14 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Progress Update and Goals Update.
Ryu's basics and specials are finished. Joe is getting worked on using Ryu as a template as Sean releases sprites.

The next goals are as following. Clean up Ryu's current files. Make them easy to read. Add documentation. Renumber and recompile all current vars in use.
Begin working on the configuration options.

EDIT: Oh, and once the config file is finished I'll begin making boards for each character. To better organize the creation process. Training Camps will get their own board as well and I'll try to get back into doing that more.
Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:27:40 pm by Just No Point
#34  July 02, 2014, 11:43:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I have a ripping project for Rajaa. I am not at liberty to discuss who it is, but if I succeed he'll aid me in some coding as collateral. So, aside from some Joe updates I'll just rip what he's wanting. Shouldn't take over a week if it all goes well.
#35  December 30, 2014, 05:26:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Okay, I'm going to start trying to get this moving again.

For now I'm going to stop working on Joe as far as coding goes. I still need to make a few bases though.

@SeanAltly: IIRC there were 2 bases I needed to still make for you, correct?

One was the taunt where he beats his head. What was the other one? Do you recall?
I'm just going to focus on Ryu.
I'm about to make a new thread called the Scavenging thread where I'll be asking for random assistance so keep an eye out for it.
#36  December 30, 2014, 05:35:11 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Sorry for a possible derailing[I really don't know if here is the right local to ask this suggestion], but you guys are considering to work also on a Concept Art for this fullgame?

Like the artworks section on Marvel VS Capcom 1 and 2 or Pocket Fighter? Putting special artworks between the new characters like Joe VS Birdie and etc.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#37  December 30, 2014, 05:38:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes, I intend to get someone to make new art. ATM I believe Felo Llop is still up to the task.
#38  December 30, 2014, 05:45:11 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Thanks for the answer! It's because I did a portrait[In hyper pose like I did on VS Style chars] of him, and I wanted to show to you guys, for analysis. Soon I will post in my thread the artwork :)
- Donations is welcome
#39  December 30, 2014, 05:46:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Cool. Looking forward to it!
#40  December 30, 2014, 07:00:12 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
As I promised:

JOE :)

I tried to make more closer to Bengus style poses on SFZ3. And I used the palette of one only sprite, to make these colors.[the same thing I did for hyper portraits on my project]

I hope you guys like it :)
- Donations is welcome