YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1840821 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: SF III SAKURA
#301  January 06, 2021, 03:51:58 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
i kind of like the 4th try because the 5th one looks like she is in a beat em up game

man... this make senses... but looking at Hugo and Poison "Walks"  thays seems to be really walking normaly, not like on fighting stance.
anyway, i still don't know what i want:

VS 
#302  January 06, 2021, 04:56:07 am
    • USA
i kind of like the 4th try because the 5th one looks like she is in a beat em up game

man... this make senses... but looking at Hugo and Poison "Walks"  thays seems to be really walking normaly, not like on fighting stance.
anyway, i still don't know what i want:

VS 

Some advice. Stick to the characters personality to determine your choice. She's a Shoto character so she should sidestep more cautiously as a trained fighter would as opposed to walking down on her opponent straight forward like some type of brawler.
Depends on what you're trying to convey. I know you're probably wanting to do something different so it depends on whether or not you want to stick to the characters persona that everyone's familiar with or reinvent it.
All in all, I see slight improvement in your animations. Keep going!  :sugoi:
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
#303  January 06, 2021, 05:02:43 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
that underwear is throwing me off so badly, its a little uncomfortable there is so much focus on this when this version of sakura was underage.
#304  January 06, 2021, 05:10:47 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
that underwear is throwing me off so badly, its a little uncomfortable there is so much focus on this when this version of sakura was underage.

Yeah I second this.

It's kind of gone beyond visual gag level at this point IMO...
#305  January 06, 2021, 05:56:21 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some advice. Stick to the characters personality to determine your choice. She's a Shoto character so she should sidestep more cautiously as a trained fighter would as opposed to walking down on her opponent straight forward like some type of brawler.
Depends on what you're trying to convey. I know you're probably wanting to do something different so it depends on whether or not you want to stick to the characters persona that everyone's familiar with or reinvent it.
All in all, I see slight improvement in your animations. Keep going!  :sugoi:

oh thanks! i will keep it in mind. perhaps i will edit frames to put facial expressions... so... maybe we can combinate it. thanks again

i no will work on paletes at now... she will had 14 original paletes based on sf3, and this shader had alot of cool tricks that i still don't show you guys, but a fast edit on pals just to you see. she can change clothes like Yuri on KOF XIII

Yeah I second this.

i will work on pals after finish animations, this is the model of SFV, is exactly the same size of skirt and undies

the template is out for a long you guys is free to try improve the style of colours and chotles:
the biggest rework and updates on all sprites of Sakura
Final Revamp

concept
TEMPLATE

#306  January 06, 2021, 08:31:47 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

What program do you use to make this sprites, Anderson?
#307  January 06, 2021, 01:09:40 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
some interesting progress.

Everthing I see here is really interesting !! my 2 only "bad" things...

1-Sprite style doesn't match any existing style (even if it's not a real problem) but it's not SF3 or Kof or anything I know right now.

2-animation and posing for key frames is really average. (again, I'm not good to animate 3D, so I cannot really help here)
#308  January 06, 2021, 01:21:37 pm

i no will work on paletes at now... she will had 14 original paletes based on sf3, and this shader had alot of cool tricks that i still don't show you guys, but a fast edit on pals just to you see. she can change clothes like Yuri on KOF XIII

Yeah I second this.

i will work on pals after finish animations, this is the model of SFV, is exactly the same size of skirt and undies

Why are you talking about palettes? No one mentioned them, they're talking about the animations.
The skirt moves too much every time, at this point you could even remove the skirt and nothing would change in quality.
If you make her move one centimeter the skirt shouldn't be flying upwards every time to show her underwear, that's not how skirts work, but I guess it's some kind of fetish or something... also the fixation on separating her underwear more and more... I don't know, man.
Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 01:30:34 pm by AlexSin
#309  January 06, 2021, 04:04:26 pm
    • USA
Hes talking about palettes becuz you can change her underwear to shorts.  If you didnt understand even that, you shouldnt be a mod.
#310  January 06, 2021, 04:23:26 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
@BXR
r/whoosh
#311  January 06, 2021, 04:30:39 pm
Hes talking about palettes becuz you can change her underwear to shorts.  If you didnt understand even that, you shouldnt be a mod.

For some reason I think you have something against me. This is not even the first time you've acted like that towards me. Why is "you shouldn't be a mod" relevant in your comment? It sounds kind of hateful.

I may have misread what they said, but I also talked about that (look at the "the fixation on separating her underwear more and more" part on my post).
Maybe you don't understand what I said.
Umezono said "it's a little uncomfortable there is so much focus on this" and 087-B said "It's kind of gone beyond visual gag level at this point IMO...", so, yeah, my comment addressed theirs.

Plus mine was feedback too, I wanted to add to their commentary with my point of view.
Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:39:33 pm by AlexSin
#312  January 07, 2021, 01:16:54 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I agree with the underwear comment the pantie protector shorts were ok but the black thong and the red panties are a bit much as far as the walking animation is it possible to make a config file that makes it optional between the two for variety?
#313  January 07, 2021, 03:11:22 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
What program do you use to make this sprites, Anderson?
at now MMD(cause is easyest), but you can use blender or maya if you want
you can try the KOF XII version, that is opensource, you no will had the "sprite"
but something that helps you to fit shadow, proportion, lines, the "almost sprite" that you will need to finish
here-> https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mastertkof-mmd-shader-kof-xii-style-opensource-shader-now-191856.0.html

some interesting progress.

Everthing I see here is really interesting !! my 2 only "bad" things...

1-Sprite style doesn't match any existing style (even if it's not a real problem) but it's not SF3 or Kof or anything I know right now.

2-animation and posing for key frames is really average. (again, I'm not good to animate 3D, so I cannot really help here)

your feedback as aways useful and i'm grateful for it, i think this is like 60^70% cps3 and manual edit can fit it

thanks dude.

@BXR
r/whoosh
        :D

I agree with the underwear comment the pantie protector shorts were ok but the black thong and the red panties are a bit much as far as the walking animation is it possible to make a config file that makes it optional between the two for variety?

the template is on the thread, the physics engine is native from mmd and is necessary to move bandana, hair, skarf, and skirt, and the seetings need to be the same for the scene, so, the inertia, aceleration, colision is automatic, is impossiple to censor it like KOF XII Athena, not on the 3d steps

the model is the SFV model, with proportions fit to 2d sizes, and flat colors.

start to work on the dash (infinity run, something like 2 or 3 dashs) will be a unique hability, like Oro double jump, Chun Li jump from wall, etc

2nd try 
Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:56:12 am by Anderson Masters
#314  January 07, 2021, 07:26:22 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
That doesn't have anything to do with it. You can get your rocks off to this as much as you want, but don't act like the issue is the palettes.

This is clearly a fetish thing, skirts simply do not move like that. He made it a point of separating out a thong, every single animation and frame makes a point of the skirt flying upwards to show it. In previous posts in this thread he specifically states he emphasizing things like racy underwear w/ camel toes on his OCs to be "sexy" This is just his sexual preference. I'm not going to address any further how creepy it is when this is clearly the version of Sakura from when she was in high school. You guys can shoot yourselves in the foot over that, its not my problem.
#315  January 07, 2021, 10:59:01 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Anim is still strange animated.
But the good point is the color is very good, and make it very close to what I would expect for her in SF3.

About all people talking about underwear/shorts stuff.
Let leave Anderson do what her prefers.

I'm not for the extremely sexy thong stuff on such a young girl.
But, I have to admit in SF5, Capcom f*cked up a lot with the bit of sexiness of most female characters.
I like much Sakura in SF5, because, finally she have a grownup appearance, even if she still can use her school costume. (let's consider it a cosplay of her alpha style)
But they f*cked up by giving her some freaking red diapers...
Just like they censored Juri's story mode costume or many other females by giving freaking shorts to all dresses and skirts.

IMO, this Sakura doesn't need this thong stuff, but Anderson can still keep it as a palette option.

To me, the priority is to upgrade quality of animations, fixing the crazy physics on skirt and headband, then later, fixing pixel details to match SF3 sprites.
#316  January 07, 2021, 11:00:44 am
That doesn't have anything to do with it. You can get your rocks off to this as much as you want, but don't act like the issue is the palettes.

This is clearly a fetish thing, skirts simply do not move like that. He made it a point of separating out a thong, every single animation and frame makes a point of the skirt flying upwards to show it. In previous posts in this thread he specifically states he emphasizing things like racy underwear w/ camel toes on his OCs to be "sexy" This is just his sexual preference. I'm not going to address any further how creepy it is when this is clearly the version of Sakura from when she was in high school. You guys can shoot yourselves in the foot over that, its not my problem.

Don't worry about it, the Anderson guy completely ignored my post and ignored your post too, so just let them be. I guess in their minds it's a win. :mlol:
#317  January 12, 2021, 10:01:28 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I retract my previous statement about the underwear who am I to stifle someone's creativeness. but more on to the helpful critique and suggestions. Will you have arm movement in the running animations?
#318  January 18, 2021, 02:12:05 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Anim is still strange animated.
But the good point is the color is very good, and make it very close to what I would expect for her in SF3.

About all people talking about underwear/shorts stuff.
Let leave Anderson do what her prefers.

I'm not for the extremely sexy thong stuff on such a young girl.
But, I have to admit in SF5, Capcom f*cked up a lot with the bit of sexiness of most female characters.
I like much Sakura in SF5, because, finally she have a grownup appearance, even if she still can use her school costume. (let's consider it a cosplay of her alpha style)
But they f*cked up by giving her some freaking red diapers...
Just like they censored Juri's story mode costume or many other females by giving freaking shorts to all dresses and skirts.

IMO, this Sakura doesn't need this thong stuff, but Anderson can still keep it as a palette option.

To me, the priority is to upgrade quality of animations, fixing the crazy physics on skirt and headband, then later, fixing pixel details to match SF3 sprites.[/spoiler]
thats make sense, really thanks man!

I retract my previous statement about the underwear who am I to stifle someone's creativeness. but more on to the helpful critique and suggestions. Will you have arm movement in the running animations?

nice point man. i really don't think any kind of feedback is bad, i always apreciate to receive it
but i can use only usefull things

run based on 6 frames alpha as keyframes

some tests that i'm still want to improve
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:00:55 am by Anderson Masters
#319  January 18, 2021, 09:48:37 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
4 is pretty OK to me.
#320  January 19, 2021, 05:01:33 am
  • helllllllo
some are pretty OK.
I still prefered your other test, the one with smaller feets.

Also, some anims are pretty OK, but all the kicks are strange... (just my opinion)

like that?
 i'm trying to turn her at a size similar to Ryu. but still small

the biggest rework and updates on all sprites of Sakura
Final Revamp

concept
TEMPLATE

PALS
STAND

NORMAL KICKS

NORMAL PUNCHS

SPECIALS