YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1043160 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#1621  December 13, 2015, 04:40:13 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy shit, I never thought that a KoFXIII and SF3 mix would look this great. I may try this later, beautiful work as always CRASHEM! :) :) :) :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#1622  December 13, 2015, 06:38:39 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Wait, I thought your full-game had a all-girls cast.
I would love to see your other characters in this style.

As for criticism, I don't think it fits this topic. If you haven't, and you want to make the sprite more accurate to SFIII, you could check Remy's sprites.

I just woke up (pretty late) and saw the word 'Remy' and was like "NOOO, please, no, his proportions... NO!" Hahaha. But, at the end of the day, you're right; now that I'm looking at it from the outside and not from Photoshop, it's like... yeah. Doesn't quite fit. But if you know a place where it DOES, lemme know so I can toss it over there!
As for my game's cast, it's gonna have guys in it; the girls are just more fun to draw! That being said, I think I'm giving the tablet a weird look, 'cause it's getting nervous. XD

It's a nice sprite. Style wise, it feels like it's a different/new sprite style with a hint of SF3, but it's still pretty nice.

Thank you! Like I said just a second ago, it really doesn't fit in, but I definitely tried to use 'interesting' shading like on SF3 (although I'd never go to some of the extremes that they did).

Holy shit, I never thought that a KoFXIII and SF3 mix would look this great. I may try this later, beautiful work as always CRASHEM! :) :) :) :)

Thank you, thank you! I'm just warning you, though, unless you can find a more... efficient way of doing so, it's gonna take a good while to get the sprite juuuuust right. Are you prepared for that?
I'd definitely break out the pencil and paper first, if you've got a scanner; it just makes everything go so much faster when you don't have to fight with a program to get things looking acceptably before you go in to color.

Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#1623  December 13, 2015, 07:46:03 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Thank you, thank you! I'm just warning you, though, unless you can find a more... efficient way of doing so, it's gonna take a good while to get the sprite juuuuust right. Are you prepared for that?

Pffff, of course I am, bro. :P I've put my feet in CPS3 and KoF XIII spriting (though once for the latter), I have a decent idea of how to go about it. ;)

I'd definitely break out the pencil and paper first, if you've got a scanner; it just makes everything go so much faster when you don't have to fight with a program to get things looking acceptably before you go in to color.

Good news for me, I have a scanner, will give it a go. Pencil and paper is always nice too ;)
#1624  December 14, 2015, 02:59:05 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA

Pffff, of course I am, bro. :P I've put my feet in CPS3 and KoF XIII spriting (though once for the latter), I have a decent idea of how to go about it. ;)

Good news for me, I have a scanner, will give it a go. Pencil and paper is always nice too ;)

I'm on my phone, so I can't really decrease the quote load, but if you're very sure, then I say to go for it! I believe you can do it.

#1625  January 08, 2016, 04:35:00 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1626  January 08, 2016, 04:38:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I like, but two things though:

1. Dat torso though o_O o_O

2. I wish that the purple shades were more around his body then on his legs solely.

Otherwise it's great, leparagon did a good job here. :)
#1627  January 08, 2016, 04:59:48 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Hatter. His torso is just really long! But fixable!
As for the purple tones, I personally feel like they should be a bit lighter; they look separate from the rest of his legs, instead of like shading, to me. Also I'd increase the size of his feet! SF3 characters all had really big feet.

Otherwise, great job! That's a great duo of sprites either way.

#1628  January 13, 2016, 06:19:46 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I'm making sprites for the whole SF5 cast (except for Ryu and Chun-li as they remain unchanged), uploading them weekly and so far 3 of them have been posted:

Think I tried my best to make Cammy's face based on Emily Blunt...
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1629  January 13, 2016, 06:23:59 pm
Hi! Welcome to MFG! :D
#1630  January 13, 2016, 08:29:58 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
wow great sprite
Really like your choice of color
#1631  January 13, 2016, 08:32:12 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
RIEY!!! :D :D :D :D :D
#1632  January 13, 2016, 08:36:19 pm
    • USA
Wow, crazy. I was actually checking out your Xrd sprites not too long ago. Welcome.

Nice SFV sprites.
#1633  January 13, 2016, 09:44:20 pm
Hi! Welcome to MFG! :D
RIEY!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah hi lol, after some time lurking this forum I decided to join it... hopefully I'll contribute to a lot of stuff.

wow great sprite
Really like your choice of color

I always try to give them a relatively high contrast and gradually change the hue in as shades go darker, this gives the sprites a better looking palette imo (like green ->cyan, red -> pink, etc).

Wow, crazy. I was actually checking out your Xrd sprites not too long ago. Welcome.

Nice SFV sprites.

Those took so long to make! But I'm also certain that I'll eventually come back to that when Arcsys releases a new version of Xrd.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1634  January 17, 2016, 06:55:07 pm
Time for Birdie!

I feel like making a giant donut sprite... or eat one because I'm so hungry ._.

lui

#1635  January 17, 2016, 07:19:38 pm
    • USA
Holy fuck I almost mistook that for an actual SF3 sprite, now you need DLC Color pallettes that costs money and you'll be as corrupt as Capcom (back then atleast) :D

#1636  January 17, 2016, 08:19:58 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Fuck yes, the glory of that sprite. Official indeed! :)
#1637  January 17, 2016, 08:29:44 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Wow thats pretty sweet
really like the shading on his pants
cant wait to see Necalli and Rashid
#1638  January 17, 2016, 09:16:37 pm
I actually have yet to make Necalli, I think his design will be tricky to make into a sprite, let alone two of them since he changes his hair lol. The ones left are him, Zangief, Dhalsim and Fang...

Man I already appreciated the amount of work put into SF3's graphics, but after making quite a good amount myself along with an on going sprite sheet as well (which I'll a thread for it some time), I just have to give so much more respect to the guys who worked on SF3 since they were able to pull off those animations, it's insane how fluid and detailed they are.
#1639  January 18, 2016, 04:54:46 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
#1640  January 18, 2016, 03:19:37 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Amazing Birdie sprite. My only nitpick would be that you should adjust the legs for perspective. The camera tends to be a bit higher in 3D games. In 2D games, it may end up looking like the background leg isn't quite making contact with the ground.