YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734292 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1801  December 01, 2019, 12:59:20 am
    • Brazil
There are no guests in this game. Also, Ha! Hell to the no!
#1802  December 01, 2019, 09:31:20 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
You're right, pal :P Just jokin there, as it seemed fitting w/ the news;

At this point, we can all agree that the definitely best and most logical character that can gloriously encase this 1st fighter pass will, of course, be:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:07:00 am by NDSilva
#1803  December 01, 2019, 11:14:15 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
All leaks are probably real. Hal probably just picks one of the fake leaks from the internet and then makes it real for the DLC.
this website is stupid
#1804  December 06, 2019, 06:53:34 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The last two Game Awards the Crash Bandicoot franchise have had a game revealed each year. Will it happen again this time? And, could Crash be revealed as a playable?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1805  December 06, 2019, 10:08:41 pm
    • Brazil
Did Crash ever have a game in a Nintendo console? I don't really follow the franchise, but if he had, then he is a very likely candidate, since he is a classic character and has the cartoony videogame looks that one would expect on a Smash character.
#1806  December 06, 2019, 10:11:19 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Did Crash ever have a game in a Nintendo console? I don't really follow the franchise, but if he had, then he is a very likely candidate, since he is a classic character and has the cartoony videogame looks that one would expect on a Smash character.

Yeah he had a few GBA games and a few ports to the Gamecube and Wii.
N-Same Trilogy and Nitro Fueled are also on Switch.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1807  December 07, 2019, 02:20:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I wouldn't count on Crash.  Most of the credible leak sources have come out and said that he's not the 5th Fighters Pass character.

Speaking of which, Nintendo seems to be keeping the next character under much tighter wraps this time around.  The most prominent leakers like Vergeben and Sabi are all saying that the inside sources they usually get their info from either don't know or won't say who the 5th character is.  Right now they're only speaking up to debunk the other false leaks and rumors going around, so nobody right now even has a decent guess who it's going to be.

Spoiler: Which means it's time for more crazy conspiracy theories! (click to see content)
#1808  December 07, 2019, 03:40:30 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Daisy could also represent the first new wave of Echo fighters.

Seeing lists of deconfirmed stuff and nowhere is Cuphead found on those lists.  Plus the creator said he really wants him in Smash Bros.

We're getting Sam Bridges aren't we
#1809  December 07, 2019, 04:03:40 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Spoiler: Which means it's time for more crazy conspiracy theories! (click to see content)
Princess Daisy is a bully.
#1810  December 07, 2019, 09:57:47 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Why in the hell people want Doomguy? He's barely a character at all, and he's not really meant to be one either, considering he is just a one dimensional avatar for the player.

Seriously, most character wishlists I have seen are trash, either people want meme characters, fad characters or dudebros.
Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:29:43 pm by Magma MK-II
#1811  December 07, 2019, 11:01:48 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I've seen some people bringing up Reimu from Touhou; as in, the 1st character from a indie series to join the playable cast.

I seriously find this the best idea ever. ;D
Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:05:46 pm by NDSilva
#1812  December 08, 2019, 01:36:51 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Not many really "want" Doom Guy. But a lot of people expect him, if that makes sense.

I only want Doom Guy if he gets a Commander Keen stage, but I know Sakurai won't do that.
#1813  December 08, 2019, 02:58:22 am
    • Brazil
Why in the hell people want Doomguy? He's barely a character at all, and he's not really meant to be one either, considering he is just a one dimensional avatar for the player.

Seriously, most character wishlists I have seen are trash, either people want meme characters, fad characters or dudebros.
Even if we ignore the fact that the most recent Doom protagonist shows a lot more personality than his predecessors, nothing too complex, but enough for a mute character, why the hell does that even matter? Its not like Smash is attempting a complex story mode, or hell, even a story mode at all, and even if it was, we still have characters like Mr. Game & Watch and Piranha Plant, so, honestly, there is no reason to deny a Doom protagonist just because of "lack of personality", I would say that an arsenal is all he needs, but considering characters like Isabelle, he wouldn't need even that.

I've seen some people bringing up Reimu from Touhou; as in, the 1st character from a indie series to join the playable cast.

AFAIK, Touhou never had a Nintendo game, so I don't think it would fly, besides, its not like Nintendo is out of options for indie characters that they chose to include as trophies or costumes: Shovel Knight, Sans, Shantae...

Speaking of which, I was recently reminded of a character that can't really offer that much when it comes to a moveset, but its quite a classic and actually had a Nintendo game: Dirk the Daring, from Dragon's Lair. I know his main game was more like an interactive movie, and his NES game was... trash, but Dragon's Lair is still considered a classic for gaming, so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game, if only to represent that type of game.
#1814  December 08, 2019, 03:58:56 am
    • USA

This could literally describe Mario, too.  Just saying.

Reimu was going around for a while because some dude claimed to have leaked a bunch of concept art for the next Touhou and also said she was coming to Smash, but I think that got debunked when the stuff he leaked turned out to have come from the devs' own twitter.

I've actually been seeing a lot of speculation about Arle from Puyo Puyo going around.  Never played those games myself, but considering how well Sakurai's translated RPG systems and fighting game mechanics into other characters does make me curious to see what he could do with a puzzle game character.
#1815  December 08, 2019, 12:40:26 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'd rather want Lip from Panel De Pon, but I can settle for Arle Nadja easily.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1816  December 08, 2019, 02:00:46 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
AFAIK, Touhou never had a Nintendo game

The Switch has unofficial-yet-still-endorsed-in-this-weird-confusing-lax-licensing-situation Touhou games and should be getting Antinomy of Common Flowers eventually alongside PS4. Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya did appear on the 3DS Taiko Master game alongside Kirby characters and other 3rd-parties though.

I'd say for that one lucky indie rep that could make it to playable status, it'd either be Reimu or Quote, but that's assuming an indie rep is on the cards for playable DLC. Of course the bonus with Reimu is that you'd get all that lovely Touhou music.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1817  December 09, 2019, 12:17:52 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I've actually been seeing a lot of speculation about Arle from Puyo Puyo going around.  Never played those games myself, but considering how well Sakurai's translated RPG systems and fighting game mechanics into other characters does make me curious to see what he could do with a puzzle game character.

Puyo Puyo actually began as a spin-off of a RPG series called Madou Monogatari, so Arle has more than enough stuff for a moveset.
#1818  December 09, 2019, 12:33:16 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Of course the bonus with Reimu is that you'd get all that lovely Touhou music.

Speaking of which... ::)
#1819  December 09, 2019, 01:07:16 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Xi-on makes some nice arrangements, yes.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1820  December 10, 2019, 04:37:35 am
    • USA
So long as we're still doing speculation and leak-speak...

Spoiler: On the off chance this is actually legit, I guess (click to see content)