YesNoOk

Screenpack/ Visuals (Read 139037 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 13, 2014, 10:07:01 pm
Re: Screenpack/ Visuals
#61  April 17, 2014, 10:01:36 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

This may sound stupid(and it sounds), but, what if instead that black square, we put a MAP showing the area that's gonna be the stage of the next fight? Not the WHOLE world map, just the area(East Asia, Europe, etc). I don't know if it's possible in mugen, though :s
I swear there was something cool here!!
#62  April 17, 2014, 10:25:12 am
It's possible to make it part of the stage's icon the same way we replace the letters of the name by these images. It'll all appear at the same time though, no scrolling or fancy animation or displaying one and then the other.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  April 17, 2014, 01:24:15 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
SNT, we could definitely use those; have you got a template?
Yes I do.  Once we finalize what stages get in I'll churn em out.

It would be really awesome if this was somehow incorporated into the background. Like on the upper right of the screen. Of course they'll have to be bigger to properly fit. Of course this would mean a smaller space to fit everything else w/o overlapping since you can't lower the stage select's layer .
What I had in mind was for it to appear bottom-center, over the character grid after the characters had been chosen.

Also about naming conventions.  Using country names is good for Jamaica or England which are likely to have only one stage, but Japan and the US will probably get a lot of doubling up.  Should we consider city or regional names instead?

Oh!

This just inspired some good music!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#64  April 17, 2014, 01:58:16 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
I wonder what it would look like if the "shadow" ink were replaced with the flag of the country in which the stage is set. Preview in the front, glimpse of the flag in back. Maybe a wide black ink blob behind the whole thing and the arrows to make the whole thing pop.
#65  April 17, 2014, 05:45:54 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Possible SIG banners?

:whistle whistle:

From most to least preferred: 3 > 1 > 2

This is going to be sprite based, I think the less it attaches itself to SF4's specific aesthetic the better - the project can still reference it in things like cast, moves, mechanics and stages...
#66  April 17, 2014, 05:47:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think it's more so people can have options to choose one for their sig if they like. Not an "officially" endorsed version :P
#67  April 17, 2014, 06:27:54 pm
Also once a stage is selected, their should be a announcer announcing in wich stage the next fight takes place there. Just like in the CVS game.
#68  April 17, 2014, 06:28:57 pm
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Perhaps whoever will do the screenpack could use mine unrealeased KOS as an inspiration or even as a source, on a video below there is a visible Select and versus screen (eg. 2:15) featuring pseudo animated character names, it's a kind of interactivity that mugen alows in a section like vs, all available on the video, I have 720p source material somehere there as well if somebody would be interested. Heck, I could even work on it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbxOElCu88k
Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:43:26 pm by WooshaQ

SNT

#69  April 18, 2014, 02:56:21 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
This may sound stupid(and it sounds), but, what if instead that black square, we put a MAP showing the area that's gonna be the stage of the next fight? Not the WHOLE world map, just the area(East Asia, Europe, etc). I don't know if it's possible in mugen, though :s

*FSHHHHHHHEWWWWWWWWW*  USA
#70  April 18, 2014, 02:07:22 pm
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Since its going to be a full game we could always add this interaction into a charter, perhaps disable the versus screen in the screenpack just leaving a loading sign and code a custom vs screen into p1 that would at the beginning of the first round trigger a super pause with all sorts of interaction and goodines like a plane anim, stage and character preview or whatever, its just a matter of making a template and later copying it to each character. Just the downside would be the fact that only p1 could be able to skip this screen... I love this kind of interactions and would gladly help if you would find it interesting.
#71  April 18, 2014, 03:16:52 pm
Maybe visuals for the player wich shows how many opponents he fought and how much is left till the final boss.

Something like the Street Fighter Alpha/Zero series.

#72  April 23, 2014, 01:06:17 pm
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
About the select stage thing. Forget about my suggestion turning it into an entirely new screen.
Because if 1 player has finished selecting his/her character the second player will not be able to see the select grid.

:D
My image parsing is stupid.
#73  April 23, 2014, 01:30:30 pm
What I had in mind was for it to appear bottom-center, over the character grid after the characters had been chosen.
Is this possible? When one player chooses the character, the stage select automatically appears, so it would overlap the grid and the other player (that hasn't chosen the char) can't see which one he is selecting.
About the select stage thing. Forget about my suggestion turning it into an entirely new screen. Because if 1 player has finished selecting his/her character the second player will not be able to see the select grid. :D
I was getting to that.
Maybe visuals for the player wich shows how many opponents he fought and how much is left till the final boss.

I don't know if it is possible, but in Mugen 1.0 when you do Arcade mode there is written Match 1 (against the first opponent), Match 2 (second opponent), Match 3 (third opponent) and so on. I think it's the best thing the engine can provide at the moment in regards to this subject.
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:31:15 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#74  April 25, 2014, 05:24:24 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I don't know if this is possible:

Win/Defeat pose. MAYBE coding them INSIDE the character so when round 2 is over, they appear like this. Defeated, in front, winner in the second layer. Not sure if it would also allow the Colour Separation, and also the stage in a third layer with gray/whatever colour but is dark.

I do't know where to post this, I just supposed it had to go inside the screenpack.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#75  April 25, 2014, 05:53:27 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
well it could work like descolor slam masters character
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#76  April 25, 2014, 06:03:19 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#77  April 25, 2014, 07:26:39 pm
Kaz characters have it.
#78  June 06, 2014, 05:57:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ryu's basics and specials are almost completely finished. Will be moving to supers soon. We need to start coming up with how the Lifebars, superbars, dizzy, and guard meter s going to look. Thee should be 4 different lengths for the super bar.
#79  June 07, 2014, 06:21:24 pm
We could make some lifebars suggestions here. Lifebars that capture half of the screen won't fit a Street Fighter game.
I prefer some simple but, good looking ones for the game. If lifebars are big, characters and stages would be pushed back and they would be noticed less there. A twist between classic and modern could work out for sure.
#80  June 07, 2014, 10:56:53 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I would agree but, just to much talent here to keep simple. How about go for broke with crazy ideas, then put in the simple. Good luck fellas, I wish I had the time and space.