YesNoOk

SvK/Infinite Style Dragon Claw (Read 12970 times)

Started by Kireishito, January 04, 2017, 03:48:18 pm
Share this topic:
SvK/Infinite Style Dragon Claw
#1  January 04, 2017, 03:48:18 pm
    • Brazil
    • http://mugenarchive.com/forums/member.php?36062-Kireishito
Hi guys, I'm here to present to you my W.I.P. Infinite styled Dragon Claw. I just really love late Reuben Kee's work and code overwork by PotS, but I really lack a version of this most acclaimed character in my favorite style, created by Mr. Infinite. So, I tried  to take this challenge and, although not my first edit, it is my first complete overhaul, so I am going to try to make the best in terms of style conversion, new features and to keep the balance of DC's perfect sprites and lore.

I started it last year and its been going for a while, so I will post the changelog and some videos.

Actually, this first level 2 hyper's sprites, explods and sounds are totally different than what's on video, now more akin to Infinite style.

Second level 2 hyper, it's on its way of being complete. Gotta work on the miss/guarded statedef to make it a bit more appealing, maybe.

Actually this vid was made to preview my screenpack release, with permissions from Duracelleur and V-Nix: Mugen Multiverse 720p Clean version but it has some footage of DC at the beginning of my work on it.

Changelog by Kireishito:
-Hyper Background and hyper effects added
-Combo system adjusted
-Subsequent move animations edit for more combo fluidity
-Added Hyper charge sprites and animation codes
-Added Infinite's hitsparks
-Added Infinite's sound effects
-Adjusted damage dampening system (It was dealing too much damage due to MvC combo system)
-Adjusted Super jump height
-Adjusted running speed (still more nimble than most SvK chars)
-Added running effect animations
-Adjusted specials' damage
-Adjusted Flash Step animation speed (to be able to chain from medium or fierce hits)
-Throw command changed to fwd+FP or FK
-Hyper command changed to MvC style
-Remap palette (Palette 1 to A button and Palette 4 to X button)
-Sprite 9000,1 switched to a more SvK one
-Reworked specials and hypers to link to any normal hit
-Rechecked if DC didn't lose its original components
-Improved counter length for easier usage (same length as other SvK counter timer)
-Heightened slashes' hitsounds' amplitude
-Added Dragon Claw voice to taunt (used original file 100,0 that was not implemented)
-Added SvK hitsounds to his kicking hitsounds
-Improved Air juggle
-Improved Air combo
-Hit times and ground slide velocity adapted
-Fierce dash special (QCB + FP) now knocks enemy down
-Adjusted F + MK comboability, now it works properly
-New jumping sprites and sounds
-New running sprites and sounds
-New Hyper hitsparks
-New Hyper level 2 (Death Carousel)
-Air dash implemented
-Parry System implemented (Standing, crouching, jumping parry)
-Launcher hitspark added
-Automatic super jump after launcher implemented
-Added fall explod
-Added QCF + Punch projectile
-New Hyper level 3 (Hyper Flame Burst)
-Expanded throw red hitbox downwards;
-Second Hyper Level 2 created (Plasma Teleport)

Thanks.
Re: SvK/Infinite Style Dragon Claw
#2  January 04, 2017, 04:36:16 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Someone should probably ask this. Have you read on Reu's website about how they don't want anyone to copy, modify or distribute the whole or parts of the files without written permission of Freddie Kee?

I'm not telling you what to do or anything, just pointing it out.
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:40:13 pm by ink
#3  January 04, 2017, 04:54:10 pm
    • Brazil
Well, I did not know, I just read this on readme:

Kami Saku and Dragon Claw are copyright, Reuben Kee 2005, 2006
This is a demo on the MUGEN engine only, any sales associated with this character is not allowed and will be brought to court.

Thought it was only prohibitted for commercial usage. Gonna check this out. Thx dude!
#4  January 04, 2017, 06:16:23 pm
  • Niigasan
Damn i would like to see the outcome of this
#5  January 04, 2017, 06:29:46 pm
    • Brazil
Me either man, but now I will wait for a response from Mr. Freddie. Hope he agrees.
#6  January 04, 2017, 07:28:09 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
I really........Hope  U can Share this.!!....and Love the video btw...............great job..   please take your time can't wait
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker

lui

#7  January 04, 2017, 07:52:34 pm
    • USA
Well, I did not know, I just read this on readme:

Kami Saku and Dragon Claw are copyright, Reuben Kee 2005, 2006
This is a demo on the MUGEN engine only, any sales associated with this character is not allowed and will be brought to court.

Thought it was only prohibitted for commercial usage. Gonna check this out. Thx dude!

this is a special case since reu has been long been passed away for quite some time so ofcourse  family wants to protect the legacy he has on mugen which is highly understandable
#8  January 04, 2017, 08:07:36 pm
Did PoTS had permission ?  not being a smartass here just asking.
I don't think there's a problem here, just treat them with proper respect.
ofc you're not making any money of it,a good edit of reu's work  will prompt people  to check out the originals as well, its keep reu's work alive.
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:10:53 pm by PeXXeR
#9  January 04, 2017, 08:14:56 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That message on his site isn't from the family. It's from a friend of Reu's in the MUGEN community. Reu allowed others to use his sprites and coding with credit. The other guy was a hardcore closed source guy like many at that time. He had access to Reu's site and after Reu passed he added that message about not using the work.

I worked with Reu on many projects and you can find my name in Evil Ken. Reu would have never wanted that message placed on his works. You should just use them and be sure to credit as you are doing.
#10  January 04, 2017, 08:20:26 pm
    • Brazil
Well... Now I guess I already bothered his father... I sent some emails to their contacts, with proper respect. Yet dunno if those emails are still being used by his family. When I started this, I thought it would be OK, because the version I'm working on, actually is coded by PotS. I guess I'll wait for an answer from mr Kee. (but what if I don't get any?). Never meant to disrespect their feelings, but it would be more of a homage.
#11  January 04, 2017, 08:23:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This might just be me, but if my son passed I think it'd be bothersome to keep getting emails and messages from random people about using something from a game he made while he was alive.
#12  January 04, 2017, 08:31:26 pm
    • Brazil
Yes, I guess. But if someone close to them said they would like a written permission for it. It's some kind of green light for contact, no? Otherwise they would clearly put a final message, prohibitting it forever... dunno. Maybe I was just the first to ask for it. Now I feel bad.
#13  January 04, 2017, 08:33:00 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Woah, someone put that message there, post-passing of REU?  That's terrible DX a glory-hog trying to make it so nobody else uses REU's work, which even isn't this other user's work.  What an asshole >..<

(not talking about OP)

I was afraid of ripping sounds from Dragon Claw, only to find out that REU wouldn't have minded as long as credit was given?
#14  January 04, 2017, 08:45:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He wasn't an asshole. It's just how things were back then. It was a different time with little sharing. Reu started like that but I think I was a bad (good?) influence because over time he opened up and started letting people use his works with credit given instead of asking permission. He did like for people to message him and show him what they made with his work because he knew he might see something exciting.
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:53:01 pm by Just No Point
#15  January 04, 2017, 08:55:49 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Well, yeah, I'd suppose it was a different time back then.  What was it, almost ten years ago now?
#16  January 04, 2017, 09:10:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
99-2006 ish so even longer. Good grief!
#17  January 04, 2017, 09:12:43 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, he did start like that but he opened up after awhile thanks to you JNP. Just give credit where credit is due, and just do a good job.

lui

#18  January 04, 2017, 09:17:30 pm
    • USA
oh okay, my bad, it seemed like it was a family member so I thought it was understandable
#19  January 04, 2017, 09:32:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
To play devil's advocate with myself it's not impossible the family contacted him to place the message. I just find it unlikely.

Edit: I vaguely remember speaking with him about it later saying he shouldn't do that and he never once mentioned it being because the family wanted it.
#20  January 05, 2017, 12:19:02 am
    • Brazil
Now what should I do? I don't think his family will answer my plea.