YesNoOk

Obby's WIP CS Thread (Read 125694 times)

Started by Obby, October 04, 2021, 05:15:36 am
Share this topic:
Obby's WIP CS Thread
#1  October 04, 2021, 05:15:36 am
  • separation saves sprites
  • discord: obbydoesstuff
    • USA
Hi hello my name is Obby and I like doing separations :))

My Current WIPs:

Jon Talbain/Gallon (Darkstalkers, Koldskool's Edit + original sprite file)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Beta can be found on my release thread.

Completed:

Arina Makihara (Waku Waku 7, Dampir's Edit)

Release Thread:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/obbys-cs-release-thread-197947.msg2548065.html#new

Note: This used to be a thread for just Talbain, but now it's for all my projects

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 07:31:05 pm by Obby
Re: Obby's WIP CS Thread
#2  October 04, 2021, 05:31:48 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#3  October 04, 2021, 05:45:29 am
    • USA
#4  October 04, 2021, 05:56:10 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Yo that looks sick af.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#5  October 04, 2021, 06:30:38 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
This is really cool! Hoping u use Jesuszilla sff since Balmsold did a lot of new animation for him.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#6  October 04, 2021, 11:44:48 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
ye jesuszilla take has some extra stuff I think,gotta remake my talbain with this as well,
#7  October 23, 2021, 05:54:01 pm
    • USA
Hey again. Just wanted to give an update and answer some questions about the sprites.

Right now I'm still working on color separating the pants. The basic and win animations are done. I've updated his color separation as well by separating his pawpads. Here is an updated template

I've also made a set of palettes for him. Most of them are from Darkstalkers but I also did some references
Darkstalkers Palettes

Dark Gallon
Darkstalkers 3 Art
Koldskool's Version
Legoshi (Beastars)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Inside joke I have with friends that revolves around this photo

For the sprites, I'm trying to use the best stuff from each Talbain I find. Right now it's mostly Jesuszilla and Balmsold/Koldskool's versions. For example, I'm using the Beast Cannon fx from Balmsold's version but using the Climb Laser fx from Jesuszilla.

Again thanks for reading this. Trying to put in my best effort to make this happen  :2thumbsup:

Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 05:13:29 pm by Obby
#8  October 26, 2021, 02:49:39 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The level of detail on the separation is spectacular  :D best of luck on this project
Chilling
#9  November 17, 2021, 08:42:00 pm
    • USA
So which sff is this? JZ's Cvs2 Gallon?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#10  December 16, 2021, 01:23:52 am
    • USA
Back again. Right now I've finished CSing the Pants, Belt, and Eyes. I've started to CS the claws as well so progress is still going

For the sff, It will be an entirely new one. It wont be compatable with other Talbains such as Jesuszilla's. I'm doing this because I want to make sure my new sff will have everything inside of it. Unused animations, different sfx, most of that will be in this new one. I have thought of making an edit to Jesuszilla's Talbain so it can be compatable with mine. Maybe in the future.

In the meantime, here's an updated stance (with palettes)

#11  December 16, 2021, 01:39:56 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Still absolutely delightful. Keep up the stellar work. <3
#12  May 22, 2022, 07:55:22 am
    • USA
Hey again. I have some progress to share and some news about this project.

On the CS, I'm done with the claws, nose, gums, and nunchucks. I've made some good progress after 5 months and after I finish the teeth I will work on the actual body parts (which is gonna take forever). On the overall project, I've decided after I finish the CS I will import the sprites to Jesuszilla's version so it could be seen in action. I am still making a separate, personal sff, but at the end of the project I will create the public Jesuszilla sff. Another change I've made is to change the default palette to Koldskool's palette. I did this for mostly consistency reasons as my original palette both didn't feel CvS enough and source accurate.

Thanks for reading again. Hopefully I'm not posting too many progress updates or anything. I just want to say that this project isn't dead.

I also have some new anims to post  :pleased:

And I made a new palette. Guess what this one is a reference to  ;D
Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 05:09:05 pm by Obby
#13  May 22, 2022, 09:23:12 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Beautiful!

It's fun how one of these palettes have been replaced by one ranm picture os a little doggy lol

ExL

#14  May 30, 2022, 08:45:29 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Obby, I know you've said you don't need any, but couldn't help myself and made some pals just for fun.
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#15  January 28, 2023, 04:52:39 pm
    • USA
Hey everyone

I just wanted to update and say that this project isn't dead. I've actually finished the teeth, but never started on the body. I am planning to release what I have right now soon since I'm not really sure when I'll be able to fully finish it. There are videos of the CS on 2dee4ever's channel if you wanted to see it in action.

The CS will contain the eyes, nose, teeth, claws, gums, pants, and belt. Nothing on the fur. I'll post the original sff and Jesuszilla's sff as well for easy conversion.

Thanks for reading :)
#16  January 28, 2023, 05:17:18 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Good work!! +1.

Yes, edited message.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 05:45:08 pm by FeLo_Llop
#17  June 17, 2023, 07:55:50 pm
    • USA
Hey, It's been a while hasn't it lol

I'd like to start by saying that this project is not dead we all know that Darkstalkers is undead, so this project is too.

I took a bit of a hiatus on this as my motivation kept lowering and lowering the more I worked on it. There was also a problem wirh rearranging the cs palette that killed my motivation altogether. After looking at some more projects on this site along with starting some of my own, I've gotten my motivation back to finish it. I know I promised a "version 1" release soon, but I might have to push that back farther as I rework the palette problems that I'm having. After I figure that out, I will continue with separating the tail and then release a beta version of the CS. I can't give a time frame on when I'll have that done, but I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as it is complete.

As mentioned earlier, I actually started new projects over the months. With Dampir's permission, I made a CS of Arina.

Right now it's 95% complete. All I have to do is the shorts and the bottom and then it'll be ready for release. I made my own palettes (as seen below), but contributions are welcome. If you want to contribute, I've posted the CS in the CS Discussion Thread.

I plan to work on his K' (it looks WAY too cool) once he releases it. I also want to start on more characters from the Breakers series like Rila and Lee after these projects. Maybe even a Martial Masters character or a MvC character too.

That's my general update. I'll update the first post as this has now become a WIP thread. Sorry for vanishing out of thin air. Hope you guys like my separations :))

Oh, right. Forgot something

Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 09:16:56 pm by Obby

ExL

#18  June 18, 2023, 02:37:43 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Reisen palette
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#19  June 29, 2023, 02:36:59 am
    • USA
First release is now posted In Resource Releases. Arina is now Finished!!

Thank you to everyone who contributed palettes to the character. I've properly credited you in the Palettes folder with your palette. Very glad to do my first release here in MFG.

Now about Talbain:

I've managed to fix his palette mapping and I have now started working on him again. I posted this in the Discord server, but I am expanding the CS so it can include his chest and his ribs

I want to make this separation as detailed as possible. This is as far as I can go since the map won't allow anymore additional colors. I will create an updated template for him when I have the time. Also, the Beta release plan is still in affect so I'll releases him once I finish the tail.

I can also confirm that I will be starting a separation on Rila from Breakers. I haven't decided which version I will edit, but I'll make sure to update this thread when I have.

Thanks for reading :)

Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 02:42:51 am by Obby

MT7

#20  June 29, 2023, 03:37:37 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA
YOOOOO Obby congrats on the release!! You really did a excellent job on Arina!
Once you have that Talbain Template updated, I'll make some pals!