• USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Re: Hikaru Otagi
#2  April 02, 2021, 07:13:27 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Wow, downloading now. Thanks Mr. Infinite.
#3  April 02, 2021, 08:17:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wow!! that was fast!! Looks good!!
#4  April 02, 2021, 09:40:46 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#5  April 03, 2021, 12:00:42 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I've never actually played Chaos Code but Hikaru's pretty dang fun. I already enjoy his gameplay from what little I've dabbled with him just now. Not too much on feedback just yet, but I do have a few things to mention:

- Crouching HP plays the HK hitsound.
- During both versions of Splitting Break: Touch of Curse, where the animation loops has Hikaru kicking four times but only hits three at a time.
- Blue Sphere Break doesn't have any sound playing other than the swinging of Hikaru's leg.
Edit for Additional Feedback: There's some weirdness going on with his run, where he seems to move back a pixel or so when the run loops back around.
- This might have been how it was in source, but you can have multiple Blue Sphere Breaks on screen at once.
- The initial hit of Splitting Break: Touch of Curse does no damage.

Good to see you back at it, and I'm definitely eager to see what else you're gonna offer after DIO. Good stuff as always.
Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:27:49 am by PRØJECT.13
#6  April 03, 2021, 02:01:17 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

That was fast man! You nailed it on Hikaru.
#7  April 03, 2021, 02:34:52 am
  • lightning power ...
  • I have the soul of a geek but sometimes lazy.
    • France
great i will have fun with him thank you very much my friend.
#8  April 03, 2021, 03:29:22 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#9  April 03, 2021, 02:02:39 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
- Crouching HP plays the HK hitsound.
fixed
- During both versions of Splitting Break: Touch of Curse, where the animation loops has Hikaru kicking four times but only hits three at a time.
fixed
- Blue Sphere Break doesn't have any sound playing other than the swinging of Hikaru's leg.
added
Edit for Additional Feedback: There's some weirdness going on with his run, where he seems to move back a pixel or so when the run loops back around.
tweaked
- The initial hit of Splitting Break: Touch of Curse does no damage.
Fixed
 Thanks guys for the comments and feedback, Thanks GUI for he video, and Thanks Kamui_Kanjai for the small portrait -added. Thanks

DW

#10  April 03, 2021, 04:11:11 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Congrats on the release. I apologize I don't have much time during the week with work and all to test. I did sample both him and Alice just awhile ago. I don't know much about this char as I've never played the game he's from. However, Ill get back with you either later today or tomorrow with feedback for him and Alice. From initial testing, he's actually pretty cool. I honestly didn't know what to expect from him. I do have a few quick things of concern:

-During his EX DP kick special, if you super cancel at specific times during the final flip kick portion, sometimes his y pos will randomly put him in weird positions during the super pause. At times it will shift him and misalign the super FX. Other times it will change his y pos completely from where you cancelled it. Putting him only a few pixels above ground level among other oddities.

-His projectile is not restricted properly. I've been meaning to tell you this about honestly all of you chars that use projectiles. How it should work is the char should be allowed to throw another projectile anytime an active one is no longer active. This doesn't mean it just destroying itself/going off screen. This also means one should be allowed to throw another one while a prior one is in a disperse state. Your projectiles also don't stay for hit registry. This....honestly is no longer a big deal to me(in regards to hit registry), though I feel I should mention it regardless.

As technically it's still a combo, but Mugen will drop the combo counter if a helper destroys itself from that helper, as it no longer exists. This is what that "wait" state is for that I and others send the helpers to after dispersal. This keeps the helper alive until p2 is no longer a target of it. How you choose to handle this is up to you. Once again, I would be remiss to not mention it.

Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 04:15:54 pm by DW
#11  April 04, 2021, 03:51:57 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
http://imgur.com/a/NP6QchC Made a few palettes for ya, I'd post them normally but I'm on mobile and it's a hassle lol. Also forgot to mention that S.T.A.K uses the heavy punch sound as well, and the weirdness with his run is still there. It's weird because it's not the animation but the run itself doing it.
#12  April 04, 2021, 10:40:40 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-During his EX DP kick special, if you super cancel at specific times during the final flip kick portion, sometimes his y pos will randomly put him in weird positions during the super pause. At times it will shift him and misalign the super FX. Other times it will change his y pos completely from where you cancelled it. Putting him only a few pixels above ground level among other oddities.
Tweaked
-His projectile is not restricted properly. I've been meaning to tell you this about honestly all of you chars that use projectiles. How it should work is the char should be allowed to throw another projectile anytime an active one is no longer active. This doesn't mean it just destroying itself/going off screen. This also means one should be allowed to throw another one while a prior one is in a disperse state. Your projectiles also don't stay for hit registry. This....honestly is no longer a big deal to me(in regards to hit registry), though I feel I should mention it regardless.
As technically it's still a combo, but Mugen will drop the combo counter if a helper destroys itself from that helper, as it no longer exists. This is what that "wait" state is for that I and others send the helpers to after dispersal. This keeps the helper alive until p2 is no longer a target of it. How you choose to handle this is up to you. Once again, I would be remiss to not mention it.
fixed
Thanks DW

http://imgur.com/a/NP6QchC Made a few palettes for ya, I'd post them normally but I'm on mobile and it's a hassle lol. Also forgot to mention that S.T.A.K uses the heavy punch sound
fixed
Thanks Project13 for the Awesome palettes added.
#13  April 04, 2021, 12:59:48 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-The position of the dust fx on Blue Sphere Break could be a little back of him.
-There is no wall bounce sound effect when the opponent hits the wall during EX Blast Triple Kick.
-The super jump sound effect plays before he leaps during both versions of Sky Break Thunderstrike Kick.
-The effect on Spinning Tiger Assault Kick doesn't fade and disappears by a frame if it doesn't make contact with the opponent.
-The effect on the Max Spinning Tiger Assault Kick is slightly off as it appears before he performs the kick.
-Both versions of Sky Swoop Charging Kick could use a little bit of envshake when it makes contact to the ground.

Pardon if it was a little bit late. Wanted to get around it sooner, but had other things to do.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#14  April 05, 2021, 02:25:40 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
- I still think the height of the hitbox for Max Sky Swoop Charging Kick is too high.  Look at the effects and look at the hitbox.  It looks weird when the move hits, but there's no effect hitting the opponent.
- Super canceling from LK Blue Sphere Break or EX Blue Sphere Break on block, makes the supers un-blockable.
#15  April 05, 2021, 07:24:09 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
You called the DBS Android 18 palette an alt for Android 17 lol...Also a few more things I just caught:

- When doing Shadow Tornado Fang, if you follow up Ride with Rush, Hikaru just does another Rush.
- The quote on one of his winpose gets cut off when he raises his arm.
- The wall bounce sound effect after Double Dragon is very quiet.
- Blue Sphere Break doesn't have its special finish flash or the camera zoom if the opponent's hit by it once it bounces.
- More of a mild nitpicky suggestion, but I would recommend cutting down the airtime the opponent gets from the initial hit of Splitting Break.
#16  April 09, 2021, 02:37:31 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-The position of the dust fx on Blue Sphere Break could be a little back of him.
tweaked
-There is no wall bounce sound effect when the opponent hits the wall during EX Blast Triple Kick.
fixed
-The super jump sound effect plays before he leaps during both versions of Sky Break Thunderstrike Kick.
changed
-The effect on Spinning Tiger Assault Kick doesn't fade and disappears by a frame if it doesn't make contact with the opponent.
tweaked
-The effect on the Max Spinning Tiger Assault Kick is slightly off as it appears before he performs the kick.
fixed
-Both versions of Sky Swoop Charging Kick could use a little bit of envshake when it makes contact to the ground.
added

- I still think the height of the hitbox for Max Sky Swoop Charging Kick is too high.  Look at the effects and look at the hitbox.  It looks weird when the move hits, but there's no effect hitting the opponent.
fixed
- Super canceling from LK Blue Sphere Break or EX Blue Sphere Break on block, makes the supers un-blockable.
fixed

You called the DBS Android 18 palette an alt for Android 17 lol...Also a few more things I just caught:
lol, changed
- When doing Shadow Tornado Fang, if you follow up Ride with Rush, Hikaru just does another Rush.
fixed
- The quote on one of his winpose gets cut off when he raises his arm.
fixed
- The wall bounce sound effect after Double Dragon is very quiet.
tweaked
- Blue Sphere Break doesn't have its special finish flash or the camera zoom if the opponent's hit by it once it bounces.
added
- More of a mild nitpicky suggestion, but I would recommend cutting down the airtime the opponent gets from the initial hit of Splitting Break.
tweaked

Thanks Guys for the comments and feedback.

#17  April 09, 2021, 11:23:58 pm
Aw man, you've dropped your hitsounds :( That's a shame, I always chose them over POTS, they gave a unique flavor to your characters.
#18  April 13, 2021, 04:26:11 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Aw man, you've dropped your hitsounds :( That's a shame, I always chose them over POTS, they gave a unique flavor to your characters.
Damn sorry, I was just trying to lighten up on my snd files because when  I'm working on my characters for the game projject that I'm doing, I been having to remove the configurable coding for them to work properly with the common snd file.
#19  April 14, 2021, 04:30:47 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
@infinite, wat game project I might ask!