YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17339273 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2261  February 25, 2020, 04:22:54 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Genos may be anime, but he's also the ultimate jobber

And I have a feeling they're going to also take feats from tony saying they're the same basic armor so there's that
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2262  February 26, 2020, 01:01:44 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Were they not the same basic armor at the time of acquiring it?  Then the US military tinkered with the weaponry to better suit their needs.  Tony's made better armors since, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be comparable to whatever mark suit Tony had at the time Rhodes got his suit.

I'm only familiar with the first season of OPM and its been a while.  I recall Genos' weaponry being inconsistent though.  His basic cyborg body when he got his sparring match with Saitama obliterated an entire mountain range.  But his upgraded suit couldn't scratch or slow the decent of a meteor.  I suppose we can chalk that up to not knowing the material the meteor was made of....but I don't recall its composition being anything substantial to the plot, it was probably just iron and nickel and the mountain range was some form of sandstone.  And I don't know if he has had any upgrades since.

But I'd imagine if nothing else War Machine flies circles around Genos in speed.  It being any form of Iron Man suit likely trumps Genos running full speed with Saitama to get from city to city at, like, 70 mph.  Though again, season 1 only, I am quite behind on the series.
#2263  February 26, 2020, 02:21:40 am
    • USA
Were they not the same basic armor at the time of acquiring it?  Then the US military tinkered with the weaponry to better suit their needs.  Tony's made better armors since, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be comparable to whatever mark suit Tony had at the time Rhodes got his suit.

That's just the movie, Doc

The War Machine armor was specifically built by Tony and modified for Rhodey by him, it's based off the Modular Armor (the Capcom sprite armor in layman's terms)

He's also had different suits, one was basically a symbiote, one was literally a Sentinel, the last time I was reading Iron Man it was a tank

But the one they'll use will most likely be the last model (once again built by Tony)

It has a Elite-style cloaking mode, technology taken from the villain Ghost which as you may surmise from the name makes the unit intangible, and a combat mode

Which turns it into War Machine, which was always at its basic level the Hummer to Iron Man's coupe
This time
This time
#2264  February 26, 2020, 02:49:38 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Genos may be anime, but he's also the ultimate jobber

This is very true.  Genos does get Worfed on a pretty regular basis.  But at OPM levels of scaling, even being just the guy whose job it is to get merc'd to show how strong other characters are still makes him obscenely powerful.

He's also got durability on his side.  Genos regularly gets dismembered, chopped up, and cut in actual half, but still manages to put up a decent fight.  Rhodey would be comparatively super easy to kill if any of his tech failed in a similar way.
#2265  February 27, 2020, 04:41:24 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Genos also makes fairly frequent and significant leaps in power as he is upgraded.  While it's usually first used on a strong but manageable enemy, then a much stronger one shows up to worf the shit out of Genos, there's no denying that he's continued to improve and be upgraded.

Also, I don't recall an Iron man suit capable of almost instantaneous flash stepping the way Genos' later bodies are capable of, or with anything close to Genos' incineration cannon.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#2266  March 02, 2020, 11:48:34 pm
    • USA
Mallows

War Pigs

Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:46:25 pm by Person Man
#2267  March 09, 2020, 07:30:08 pm
    • USA
Episode's out.

I know they were going for a new thing with the people who animated the Deadpool/Mask episode trying to be more serious, but to me it comes across more stilted.  Action doesn't have much "oomph" behind it.

Zero idea on the next two characters.  Not series I follow, seems another ice-based fight I guess.
#2268  March 09, 2020, 11:43:15 pm
    • USA
Gray is Fairy Tail's answer to Sasuke, but somehow manages to be even less memorable or well developed.  I read that entire series and literally the only thing I can remember about Gray is that he's a nudist.

Never even heard of Esdeath, so IDK what her deal is.
#2269  March 10, 2020, 12:18:58 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Esdeath is from a short series named Akame Ga Kill, I always thought its overrated, I only saw the anime and while people say the manga is better I never bothered with it still, Esdeath has ice based ability and she can even Feeze Time itself, Fairy Tail was much longer, but I have no much idea about it ether , kind of dispointd with the choice was hoping that Gray fight a protagonist when I saw him, maybe we would see a villain win again
#2270  March 10, 2020, 01:49:43 am
    • USA
Episode's out.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I think this is gonna come down to whatever Endgame Gray is, because I stopped reading Fairy Tail like a few hundred chapters in

But he's the Zoro of that book, which means he's always scaling up and Esdeath was an antagonist through and through which means she was always pretty much at her peak
This time
This time
#2271  March 10, 2020, 02:09:56 am
    • USA
Ice-based powers, but "freezes" time....ugh.  Puns are a bad source of inspiration for superpowers.

I'm for the most part on your side, shonen protagonist or protagonist-adjacent typically ends you up at a further point on the power scale compared to shonen antagonists.  Like how these days pretty sure most of the Z Fighters can kill Super Perfect Cell without too much issue.  But time manipulation is a nice screw-over ability if he doesn't have a proper counter.  Unless he's, like, immune to ice or super resistant at least so there's not much she can do during the opening a time stop offers.  Like Mega Man vs Astro Boy.
#2272  March 16, 2020, 10:49:04 pm
    • USA
Monochrome

Exdeath

Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:33:04 am by Person Man
#2273  March 23, 2020, 08:53:05 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2274  March 23, 2020, 09:47:09 pm
    • USA
So next fight is I guess this season's mandatory joke fight.  Goro vs Machamp has been requested a hell of a lot over the years, not going to lie.  But it's also clearly just for the laughs.  I guess it's just going to be a matter of how hard Machamp wins.

Beyond curiosity of how they'll set this up, does Shao Khan, like, invade Pokémon world for konquest and Goro fights Elite Four Bruno or something, because otherwise Machamp is in no way remotely a "character" in Pokemon, it's a species, something to check off in the adventure log they call the pokedex in that game series, I'm curious how this will reflect their standing on the pokedex?  Unlike more prominent pokemon like Charizard or even other popular ones like Gardevoir getting something of a role in one of the more recent movies, Machamp doesn't have a prominent trainer to call on it often besides, well, Bruno as part of gen 1's end bosses really as far as I know.  So for most of their info they're probably going to have to go off of the dex's info, which they've been previously adverse to because of its contradictions and impossibilities.  Which then Pokemon as a series tends to just often have happen in canon anyways, like people debating Gardevoir's black hole powers until Pokken just made it a thing they straight-up just do.  Pokken has displayed examples of Machamp's 1000 punches in 2 seconds feat as possible as well, don't know if we've yet ever seen Machop lifting 10,000 tons, Machamp throwing an opponent beyond the planet's horizon or them pushing an entire mountain with one arm in any media though.

Given this is likely the joke match (It comes out around April Fool's Day as well, doesn't it?) I wouldn't be surprised for this case they just give Machamp all of its dex stuff, there's too little to work without it anyways.
#2275  March 24, 2020, 12:19:07 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Pokkén Machamp is one of the most amazing interpretations of a Pokémon. He has so much personality and I'd be glad if they went with that.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2276  March 24, 2020, 12:34:34 am
    • USA
I'm trying to imagine a possible upset they could possibly pull out of this, and I guess Goro has kunai in whichever 3D MK title it was that gave weapons to everyone, Deception I believe, and he likely has a higher durability taking hits from the Wrath Hammer of Shao Khan, whereas Machamp does have lower defenses than average in Pokémon stats.  But that defense isn't going to matter much when Goro's getting hit by 1000 mountain-moving blows in 2 seconds.  It's not even like Goro would have the training advantage, because Machamps are somehow naturally a master at all martial arts or something to that degree if I recall one of the dex entries correctly?

I don't want to be overconfident but there is something funny about it being a match of the best of the Shokan beating many entire worlds in the name of Shao Khan.....who likely has no chance against this mostly average monster than Pokémon just has wandering about and often loses to birds.

Is there any way we can attribute Goro's dragon blood to make him Dragon-type so Fighting moves would be not very effective?  Or reason why his moves would be Flying or Psychic?  And yes, I do realize how ridiculous those questions are.
#2277  March 24, 2020, 02:07:58 am
    • USA
I'm not particularly versed in Machamp lore (if there is such a thing as Machamp lore) but their last two videos with Johnny Cage and Sindel would seem to indicate that Goro will take the L here.  Previous trends in their data imply that Mortal Kombat feats, while exceptionally violent, don't actually scale to particularly large amounts of power.
#2278  March 24, 2020, 03:02:19 am
    • USA
That's the thing, there isn't really Machamp lore.  It's just a wild monster with no back story or exceptional use in the series as a whole.  It's like pitting Smaug against the dragon Sephiroth and Zack fought near Nibelheim.
#2279  March 24, 2020, 03:37:26 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I was thoroughly impressed with Esdeath and what she can do... Beating someone that can eat your ice powers is no easy feat.

The next battle... well, this has curb stomp written all over it. Goro has been a previous Mortal Kombat champion and is strong enough to rip bodies apart. I highly doubt a Machamp can do that... But there a few things that could help Machamp. For Example

-That belt it wears? Apparently it's a power limiter.
-It can move mountains with just one hand.
-It can throw 1000 punches in 2 seconds (each hand throwing 125 punches in one second)

If nothing else, it does have a Gigantmax form and maybe they can use that in this battle... unless that requires an actual trainer to accomplish.
#2280  March 24, 2020, 03:51:26 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Does Goro have any sort of durability feat that has him withstand something equivalent to large nukes?  Cause Giga Machamp's dex entry states that it's punches hit just as much as that.  And Dynamax mons don't require any trainer bonding for it to occur judging from the current anime where a wild Snorlax suddenly grew by natural Dynamax energy.  But for all of this to happen, the fight must take place in Galar's Wild Area or a made up area where Dynamax energy flows.

While Machamp is capable of hitting 1000 punches in seconds, if it doesn't finish off Goro, it will be heavily vulnerable to the next attack Goro does.  The effect of Close Combat.  No Guard allows all of its attacks to hit regardless of any evasive boosts or accuracy nerfs so it'll have no problem connecting every attack to Goro like Dynamic Punch that causes confusion with each hit.  Also Giga Machamp's exclusive move enhances Critical attacks so it'll need 2 attacks in this form to deal heavy damage before the Dynamax energy wears off.

If Goro can withstand practically everything that Machamp throws, he wins.  Tho his fight with Kotal Kahn in the comics is giving me doubts.  I think Machamp should have an edge here if it takes place in Galar.
Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:10:24 am by Kirishima