YesNoOk

Ikemen Plus (Read 793079 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#41  December 10, 2017, 08:56:36 am
In the Versus screen, when i choose the starting character, its still show up the original character, from char select pick order.
Please take a look at this video which presents my quick test of Simul (without add004, but Tag system shouldn't change the outcome) and Turns mode. Seems to work fine here (Gouki is moved to different slot even though he was selected first). More detailed repro steps needed.

btw. another way to quickly report issue that would make finding the problem for me easy is recording a video. If you're on windows 10 than it's a matter of pressing Windows key + alt + R.
#42  December 10, 2017, 09:06:59 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I've edited my previous post already, sorry for making you do a video explaining it, also, if you could go back and read it, I would appreciate it.
Lasagna
#43  December 10, 2017, 09:47:29 am
I've edited my previous post already, sorry for making you do a video explaining it, also, if you could go back and read it, I would appreciate it.
no problem, without proper documentation or even readme file it's hard to understand how everything works. In fact I had the same dilemmas in different KOF games where this feature is present. The team slot selection on versus screen works like this in the example screenpack:
- up/down buttons selects which character you want to move
- left button moves highlighted character to the previous slot
- right button moves highlighted character to the next slot

Ok, another thing, the victory screen from turns mode shows the characters from the first match, instead from the last.
If I remember correctly this one is due to engine limitation. The only LUA function that gives us information which side has won is winner() [1 = player 1 side is the winner; 2 = player 2 side is the winner; 0 = draw; -1 = escape button]. It's not a problem in single mode but it's not enough in team mode. As far as I know in order to implement it as intended we would need some way to communicate with the game to get this data (see point 10 and 11 in this post) or another function that returns exact player that has won (integer value, for example 3 = player 3 etc.). Hopefully ikemen author (or someone else who can make sense out of ssz language) will help implementing this feature in future.
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:16:43 am by K4thos
#44  December 10, 2017, 11:04:25 am
    • tusulan@googlemail.com
I have tested some characters of OMEGAPSYCHO and the result is simply astonishing!

Every tested character is working!

There are only two issues which need to be fixed:

The tested Boss-Characters are only playable with their respective stages and these are much bigger than normal characters and stages, but the camera doesn't adjust itself to the extent of the stages and when you use the manual zoom feature (My used value: Max Zoom Out/In: 0.6), you can see that the graphics of the stages are incomplete.

To reproduce these issues, you only need to select the Boss-Character and his respective stage as opponent in a game mode of your choice. To see how it looks properly, you can watch the demonstration videos of the Boss-Characters on OMEGAPSYCHO's YouTube Channel.

Here is the list of the tested characters:

Boss-Characters:

- Cerberus
- Crocomire
- Legion
- Ovnunu
- Phalanx
- Ryukotsuki

Normal Characters:

- Viga (MFIII)
- Liu Kang (MK1)
- Reptile (MK1)
- Shang Tsung (MK1)
- Kintaro (MK2)
- Vega (MK2)
- Motaro (MK3)
- Terry (SSF2X)
- Mudman (WH2)

Thank you for your great work, K4thos!
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:24:51 pm by Teralon
#45  December 10, 2017, 03:32:04 pm
Oh wow, nice work K4thos!

I replied your pm. Let see how we organize to continue working in this project. I agree with you, the idea of our builds is almost the same and it would be easier if we focus on a single build instead of develop twice the same thing (like js frameworks, heh)

For the moment I'll continue looking the code and testing the new modes. Once we get organized, I'll update the first post and create a new tag/release.

is it possible to configure something like "choose your destiny" as in Mortal Kombat games?

Yup, that and something like arcana heart 3 where you can choose your next opponent is possible.
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:35:56 pm by ShinLucho
#46  December 10, 2017, 03:46:03 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This sounds very intersting...keep the good work you two.
#47  December 10, 2017, 04:57:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Teralon... I think this happens because the chars and stages of omegapsycho are made for mugen1.1

ShinLucho... choose your destiny is possible?! AWESOME
can this be coded after selecting char?

K4thos and ShinLucho ... the union of the two of you around that is great
good luck and sucess
#48  December 10, 2017, 06:13:44 pm
    • Brazil
Hopefully ikemen author (or someone else who can make sense out of ssz language) will help implementing this feature in future.
Have you tried contacting him? He might be interested to see what you did to the engine and help you out.

Edit

-How do I use Boss rush?

-Have you thought about gallery mode as one of extras?
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:25:09 pm by -Ash-
#49  December 10, 2017, 07:19:05 pm
    • Brazil
a doubt: stages in ikemen has parallax?
#50  December 10, 2017, 08:03:57 pm
Oh wow, nice work K4thos!

I replied your pm. Let see how we organize to continue working in this project. I agree with you, the idea of our builds is almost the same and it would be easier if we focus on a single build instead of develop twice the same thing (like js frameworks, heh)

For the moment I'll continue looking the code and testing the new modes. Once we get organized, I'll update the first post and create a new tag/release.
Glad to hear it :hyo:

The tested Boss-Characters are only playable with their respective stages and these are much bigger than normal characters and stages, but the camera doesn't adjust itself to the extent of the stages and when you use the manual zoom feature (My used value: Max Zoom Out/In: 0.6), you can see that the graphics of the stages are incomplete.
If the character and stage are designed to work without any zoom than you should disable zooming for this particular character and/or stage in select.def (an example of such character is Apocalypse boss with platform as part of his character - not sure who is the author). All optional parameters that overwrites default behaviour are explained here
edit: I misunderstood your question, please check the following post for answer.

-How do I use Boss rush?
it's explained in select.def (and above mentioned post). Simply add 'boss=1' parameter and the character will be automatically added into that mode. As for the mode itself you fight with all characters with boss status and finish the mode when there are no bosses left in the roster. There are no continous so Esc or lost battle = game over.

-Have you thought about gallery mode as one of extras?
no problem to add such thing, but for sample Elecbyte styled screenpack with mostly standard mugen features I don't see much of a purpose. Of course if someone wants to code it and contribute to the project feel free to make a pull request with changes on github.

a doubt: stages in ikemen has parallax?
dunno, never coded any stage for mugen. Just test it yourself by adding any stage with parallax and see if it displays correctly

Have you tried contacting him? He might be interested to see what you did to the engine and help you out.
No, I wanted to first complete and polish everything before bothering him. Not even sure if he speaks English since he didn't answear any comment written by non-Japanesse players on his site. And there is no e-mail avilable iirc.

Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:28:38 am by K4thos
#51  December 10, 2017, 08:14:30 pm
    • Brazil
no problem to add such thing, but for sample Elecbyte styled screenpack with mostly standard mugen features I don't see much of a purpose.
To people who download become aware of it, no need to carry anything inside, just be listed as a feature, so they know about it.
Lasagna
#52  December 10, 2017, 08:32:14 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
How can I download this, went to the gethub and didn't see
A zip file download just all the individual system files, also I'm
On a phone.
#53  December 10, 2017, 09:08:02 pm
The correct values for this boss is zoomMin=0.5, zoomMax=0.5. The problem is that even with these values there is still some incompatibility between this character and ikemen as you can see in this video (left and right side of the stage is not rendered – or maybe those walls are part of the character, not sure).

What I can add to the code is reading from stage file to automatically set correct zoom level if zoomout and zoomin are set in stage’s DEF file (before mugen 1.1 there wasn't such parameter available), which will overwrite default ikemen values set in options. For some reason this is not implemented by default in ikemen, so I will add this feature in the next update to improve compatibility with stages. There will be also an option to force zoom values from within select.def (from what I see this parameter doesn't work yet).

But when it comes to compatibility issues like those walls that are not rendered than it's something that should be reported to the ikemen author since we are not fixing the engine here.

How can I download this, went to the gethub and didn't see
Clone or download -> download as zip
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:28:44 pm by K4thos
#54  December 10, 2017, 09:30:10 pm
    • Brazil
Where do I go if I want to edit Victory screen and portraits?
Lasagna
#55  December 10, 2017, 09:48:05 pm
Where do I go if I want to edit Victory screen and portraits?
scripts/select.lua WIN SCREEN section. But without good understanding of LUA (the code uses tables to store data like portraits and calls external functions) and knowledge what each of the pre-made ikemen lua function does (these are not documented anywhere, and the tutorials I posted on Discord are no longer available) you will probably have problems editing it. I don't have motivation to write detailed tutorials how to code in this language - that's the reason the project has been put on hold for so long.

edit:
wait, by Victory screen you mean an animation at the end of Arcade mode? The screenpack supports standard mugen storyboard DEF files like those in vanilla mugen. There are tons of tutorials available how to code storyboards.
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:16:03 pm by K4thos
#56  December 10, 2017, 10:27:15 pm
    • Brazil
K4thos ... do you see the possibility of all this being ported to mugen 1.1?
#57  December 10, 2017, 10:46:32 pm

K4thos ... do you see the possibility of all this being ported to mugen 1.1?
Ikemen is open source engine so you can edit everything. We are modifying things related to interface because it's handled via well-known and easy to understand lua language. Rest of the engine is coded in SSZ language which also anyone can edit but there is no English documentation available, so it's hard to make adjustments.
Mugen on the other hand is a close source engine which you can't edit at all outside of what mugen authors allows you to change via DEF files. So no, none of this can be ported to mugen 1.1.
#58  December 10, 2017, 11:29:09 pm
    • Brazil
scripts/select.lua WIN SCREEN section. But without good understanding of LUA (the code uses tables to store data like portraits and calls external functions) and knowledge what each of the pre-made ikemen lua function does (these are not documented anywhere, and the tutorials I posted on Discord are no longer available) you will probably have problems editing it. I don't have motivation to write detailed tutorials how to code in this language - that's the reason the project has been put on hold for so long.

edit:
wait, by Victory screen you mean an animation at the end of Arcade mode? The screenpack supports standard mugen storyboard DEF files like those in vanilla mugen. There are tons of tutorials available how to code storyboards.
Example, if I wanted to make the Victory screen display only the winner's portrait, would there be any easy method to do so?

Lasagna
#59  December 11, 2017, 12:09:00 am
Example, if I wanted to make the Victory screen display only the winner's portrait, would there be any easy method to do so?
sure. This code in f_selectWin() (scripts/select.lua WIN SCREEN section) is responsible for displaying portraits and thier backgrounds in Win screen:
Code:
		if winner == 1 then
animDraw(f_animVelocity(versusBG2, -2, 0))
drawPortrait(data.t_p1selected[1].cel, 20, 30, 1, 1)
drawPortrait(data.t_p2selected[1].cel, 300, 30, -1, 1)
animDraw(f_animVelocity(versusBG3, 2, 0))
else--if winner == 2 then
end

Replace it with:
Code:
		if winner == 1 then
else--if winner == 2 then
end
Those numbers are coordinates, flipping and scaling if I remember correctly, so experiment with them.

btw. what happens in mugen 1.1 if there is a draw and no one wins? Is there a win screen for CPU in such case? (that's how it currently works here hence commented out 'winner == 2' and left 'else' instead)
Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:24:33 am by K4thos
#60  December 11, 2017, 10:54:25 am
    • tusulan@googlemail.com
What I can add to the code is reading from stage file to automatically set correct zoom level if zoomout and zoomin are set in stage’s DEF file (before mugen 1.1 there wasn't such parameter available), which will overwrite default ikemen values set in options. For some reason this is not implemented by default in ikemen, so I will add this feature in the next update to improve compatibility with stages. There will be also an option to force zoom values from within select.def (from what I see this parameter doesn't work yet).
:mthumbs:

The correct values for this boss is zoomMin=0.5, zoomMax=0.5. The problem is that even with these values there is still some incompatibility between this character and ikemen as you can see in this video (left and right side of the stage is not rendered – or maybe those walls are part of the character, not sure).
I fixed the stage of Legion by increasing the values of "boundleft" and "boundright" in the .def-data of the stage. The same method is working for the stage of Slogra, Gaibon and Beelzebub by OMEGAPSYCHO. This stage need an increase for "boundhigh" too. Some stages need a different zoom value too. (Example: Stage of Phalanx needs 0.6 instead of 0.5 in Ikemen.)

But it seems to me that these issues are solvable. The only issue, which I can't solve are partly missing stage graphics in the stages of Cerberus, Crocomire, Ovnunu, Phalanx and Ryukotsuki. The layers are probably the solution here. Legion, Slogra, Gaibon and Beelzebub are playable without issues, if you apply these little changes.

I hope that OMEGAPSYCHO himself will have a look at this issue, if time permits.