YesNoOk

Morrigan (P.O.T.S), but with MvC stuff (Read 26939 times)

Started by Toni, November 12, 2022, 10:25:19 pm
Share this topic:
Morrigan (P.O.T.S), but with MvC stuff
#1  November 12, 2022, 10:25:19 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hi.

This is an edited version of Morrigan by P.O.T.S. (with shameless use of code-snippets from MH Styles' MvC Morrigan) adding elements from her appearances in VS-styled games.

The idea was to create what I think a Morrigan who has unlocked her full potential after fusing with Lilith might be like, yet still keeping her somewhat balanced gameplay-wise. The result... is surprisingly not that different from POTS' Morrigan, I think, which is probably for the best.

Spoiler: "Changes from POTS' Morrigan" (click to see content)

More colors (SFF is compatible with classic POTS Morrigan. Just add the new palettes.)

More power

More Lilith

Spoiler: "Ramblings" (click to see content)

I hope you enjoy. :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c5ht79skldqzcce/morrigan_pt.zip/file
Last updated: 2023-04-15
Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:45:02 pm by Toni
Re: Morrigan (P.O.T.S), but with MvC stuff
#2  November 12, 2022, 10:34:46 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
I'm definitely testing her on My MvC :shocked2:

Thank You Very Much!! :D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#3  November 13, 2022, 04:12:27 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It seems pretty spot on, and the new moves were converted pretty nicely.
My only two gripes are:
1. Shell Kick uses Special Sparks.
2. Soul Eraser should use Projectile Hit Sounds. The Hit Sounds also only play for the first few hits.
Soul Eraser and Silhouette Illusion could also do with slight moves so they fit the CvS-ness of her. Eraser should maybe get less damage and Illusion could have a bit less range.
I'd also suggest maybe disabling Stun, assuming you don't plan to editing her IKEMEN update where the stun's apart of the engine.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  November 13, 2022, 06:22:33 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely keep that in mind once I go back to updating/fixing her.

I don't see a reason to disable stun though, as that is already toggleable in the config.txt, or am I misunderstanding something? And I currently have no plans for an Ikemen update since, well, I barely have any experience with that engine (and none actually coding for it). :sweatdrop:
#5  November 13, 2022, 04:43:31 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely keep that in mind once I go back to updating/fixing her.

I don't see a reason to disable stun though, as that is already toggleable in the config.txt, or am I misunderstanding something? And I currently have no plans for an Ikemen update since, well, I barely have any experience with that engine (and none actually coding for it). :sweatdrop:

I admit, I kinda forgot he added the Stun config, and I remember it being problematic because you can't predict when it happens.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  November 13, 2022, 05:36:30 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Funny thing is I prepared the sprites for Soul Eraser but never got around to adding it for reasons I forget. The pursuit however I've been meaning to add but haven't gotten around to fixing the sprites. You mind if I use yours?

- You have some mistakes in the movelist. It's nice to know it doesn't only happen to me :XD:
- Aerial Shadow Blade still has the ground dust effects
- Super finish fonts are a nice break from Badaboom, but they could be a tad smaller
- I really like the default palette
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  November 13, 2022, 07:05:09 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thank you, and of course I don't mind. Take whatever you like. :) Just be mindful of the CS I added (but of course you can use the new CSed sprites as a whole if you like them enough).

About the movelist, you are just talking about the Shell Pierce and Shell Kick commands, right? Or did I miss anything else?

Regarding the dust effects for the aerial Shadow Blade... yeah, I know they don't make much sense, but the move looks a bit bland without them, so for the time being, I'll keep it like that. Still beats adding MvC style after images to them, right? :sweatdrop:

:)
Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 05:08:58 am by Toni
#8  November 14, 2022, 05:05:00 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Small update for Morrigan:
- Fixed sound bug with Soul Eraser (hitsounds should now play throughout the entirety of the move).
- Reduced Soul Eraser damage (after all, you can mash attack buttons for extra damage).
- Slightly reduced Silhouette Illusion range (just enough to not reach the entire width of the screen).
- Fixed mistakes in the in-game movelist.
- Fixed Shell Kick using the wrong hit sparks.

Mostly nerfs, I'm afraid, aside from bugfixes. Still, I hope you enjoy. Link in the first post has been updated.
#9  April 15, 2023, 10:44:34 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Another small update:
- Shell Kick now hits multiple times even when her opponent is airborne (finally).
- Replaced throw escape animation with sprites from Morrigan's MvC guard push.
- Fixed graphical glitch where the back of Soul Eraser would cover the drones.

Once more, only small improvements, but improvements none the less. Link in the first post has been updated.