YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4930866 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 6 Characters Quick Update (9/04/21)
#641  September 05, 2021, 04:44:08 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Thanks for the suggestions on Copy Abilities guys.

Anyway, just some quick bug fixes and additions this time around, including for that IKEMEN GO Tag bug. NOY updates will be next week.

Ruby
-Fixed an error where the projectiles from Rifle Shot and Sy-Pod Shot ignored damage scaling
Kirby
-Added special intro against King Dedede
-Slightly reduced Meter Gain
-Fixed an error where IKEMEN GO's Tag mode would trigger Kirby's Special KO State when attempting to tag in
-Added more Characters and Triggers to the Copy Ability list
Kuroko
-Adjusted the size of the Dust during Dash Grab's start up to be consistent with everyone else
Samus, Quote, and Shantae
-Fixed an error where IKEMEN GO's Tag mode would trigger an unintended state when attempting to tag in

You can download all 6 Updates simultaneously here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SYcPLWZN_lQjQWayj1pRLHDWG5NPIFb2/view?usp=sharing

I've read that MFG thread before, but the Deviant link is actually new to me. Interesting stuff.

While we're on the topic of updating chars, is meta knight on the list?

Yes, Meta Knight will be among the next batch of NOY Updates.
#642  September 05, 2021, 06:20:23 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Talking about updates, are you planning to update Misaka's sprites?
BeterHans' Misaka is the best option because of her palette is correctly placed.
#643  September 05, 2021, 06:51:05 am
    • USA
Misaka won't be in the next batch of updates, but that is definitely what I'm going to be doing once I get to her.
#644  September 05, 2021, 10:36:26 am
    • Philippines
That reminds me. The same happens with Mai’s B projectiles.
#645  September 06, 2021, 12:52:57 am
    • USA
I also discovered that Yang's Projectiles also have that issue. Those are going to be fixed for both Mai and Yang in their NOY updates.

Also, Kirby had a mistyped trigger which caused the engine to crash. It's fixed now, so if you were having that problem before, go ahead and redownload him.
#646  September 08, 2021, 05:56:42 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#647  September 08, 2021, 09:21:46 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how have you been dude? I found some more stuff about model importation that could help you out if necessary. The first two pieces of information are about importing models from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes Of Heaven, one from Pharaohillusion, the same guy that did the Deviantart page about importing models from Guilty Gear Xrd. The page also includes a folder that contains all the files from Jojo EOH, which includes the models. And the other is called "Eyes of Heaven Model Extraction". Its a thread from Imgur that I found on a Reddit thread about taking models from Jojo EOH that linked to this.
   The last piece of information is about taking models from Playstation All-Stars. This was made by a person named Cri4key. They have a video that breaks down process in steps and a script that explains the process in more detail. The script necessary for this is in his description. Cri4key said that you need a decrypted dump (NoNpDRM) of the PS Vita game in order to use this script, but this could not be necessary due to you having your own process. Cri4key said it's okay for this to be used but asks if they could be credited since the construction of the script was a collaborative effort.
   Here are the links.
Pharaohillusion's Jojo EOH importation process- https://www.deviantart.com/pharaohillusion/art/How-I-port-from-Eyes-of-Heaven-to-XNALara-785014073
Eyes of Heaven Model Extraction-
https://imgur.com/a/BjqKI
New PlayStation All-Stars Noesis script [GET THE MODELS FROM THE GAME]-
https://youtu.be/bXjs2zSqd_I
Also here is another piece of information from a person reddit named "u/demi-sfm". They have a folder for Jojo EOH that includes more stuff like sound effects and UI(healthbars). You could use this  just incase if Pharaohillusion's folder doesn't work.
1. https://www.reddit.com/r/REGames/comments/6vbgat/extracting_from_xfbin_files_jjba_all_star/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
2. https://mega.nz/folder/xUkDBZaT#o9Y7FAE00OygpOcpOox1QA/folder/gNFyHbIL

Hopefully this helps since you said a long time ago that you would be interested in doing Jojo characters, but the issue at the time was that they didn't have new sprites, this could be a interesting work around to this issue. And the Playstation All-Stars information could allow you work with more characters that could interest you. God bless you dude, take care, and hopefully this help you out in your Mugen projects. Also sorry for the long post my dude.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:50:51 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#648  September 09, 2021, 10:48:53 am
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey OHMSBY!

A huge fan of your characters and stuff, and was gonna try making my first character as Elizabeth in your style. I was wondering if you had any tips on where to start in terms of making a character?

Also, if we're recommending characters then I'd LOVE to see a Sonic character in the 'OHMSBY' style.

Thanks!
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King Dedede Released + 5 Characters updated (9/04/21)
#649  September 13, 2021, 12:26:25 am
    • USA
King Dedede has been released.

1.0 USERS: By default, King Dedede uses sffv2.1. While this significantly reduces his file size, this sff can only be used with 1.1, Ikemen Plus, and Ikemen GO.
In order to use King Dedede in 1.0, you will need to download this patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14R5n8RAyjLl_R7X-zPCcS9onrmXXvuZy/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get King Dedede here:
http://drive.google.com/file/d/1oCYKQUDCJiBgk6yxGuzLQNiM7EJH8hzG/view?usp=sharing

Yang, Mika, Mai, Terumi, and Meta Knight have also received the NOY update:

All 5 Characters:
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
 -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
  -All Distortion Drives deal 20% more damage (Stacks with Ultra Burst's damage buff)
  -Immediately Gain 500 Meter
  -Slowly gain meter overtime
  -Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
 -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
 -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Ground throw now has 5 frames of startup, Dash Grab now has 3 frames of startup
-Stationary, Forward, and air dodges now have less invul time against physical attacks
-Invul time upon air recovery lasts a little longer and control is regained a little sooner
-Distortion Drives can now be triggered with any combination of A, B, and C rather than just A+B (Example: QCF B+C, QCB A+C)
-Changed default Liedown time to 15 frames
-A red X now appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable
-Added an Invalid Combo Indicator
-General Aesthetic Changes

Yang Xiao Long:
-Fixed an error where projectiles ignored damage scaling
-Semblance now triggers at 25% health

Mika:
-Dashing A now has quicker startup, has upper body invul instead of armor, and only staggers on counter hit
-5BB and Charged jB now break projectiles

Mai Natsume:
-5C is now special cancelable on hit
-Fixed an error where Gallia Sphyras ignored damage scaling
-Adjusted launch trajectories and velocities for all versions Himeyuri on Tipper hit
-An effect now plays whenever Mai succesfully lands a Tipper hit
-EX Himeyuri now only hits once
-EX Himeyuri is now only immune to Projectiles
-Normal throw is now special cancelable

Yuuki Terumi:
-5C is now special cancelable on hit
-Serpent's laceration is now special cancelable after the last hit
-jC no longer halt's Terumi's horizontal velocity when moving forward

Meta Knight:
-Sprites have been rerendered and palettes have been redone
-5C now causes less hitstun on hit

Japanese voice patches for Mai and Terumi have also been updated.

You can download all of the updated characters in one zip file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_g9nHNmHCldPUTYtzPH-FToFaJwvbaw/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And My Next Character Is... (click to see content)

Have Fun.

Doing Kirby's 100% combo before your King Dedede comes out.
https://streamable.com/1pt56h

Very well done.

Thanks for these sources, I'll be sure to check them out in full once I have the time.

A huge fan of your characters and stuff, and was gonna try making my first character as Elizabeth in your style. I was wondering if you had any tips on where to start in terms of making a character?

Use these as references:
https://dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BBTag/Elizabeth
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-mugen-docs-master-thread-168949.0.html

And don't be afraid to post in MFG's help section if you're feeling stumped.
#650  September 13, 2021, 02:30:25 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
1.0 USERS: By default, King Dedede uses sffv2.1. While this significantly reduces his file size, this sff can only be used with 1.1, Ikemen Plus, and Ikemen GO.
As a 1.1 user who tends to get a bit picky with hefty chars, I'm very glad you decreased the sprites file size, but is there any other reasons you choose ssfv2.1 other than data reduction, and will you do the same to future/upcoming chars as well?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#651  September 13, 2021, 03:14:35 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Yang:
-If the opponents successfully gets caught by Cold Shoulder, the Invalid icon appears even though it only hit once.
-The opponent's custom state on Too Hot to Handle briefly goes lower to the ground than normal for half a second (Her 66B is fine however).
-Burst of Embers and Burning Gold could use an old air dash effect and sound on the startup (Although not completely necessary as the current effects and sounds are good enough and just for consistency with other characters, up to you if you want).

Mai:
-The hitspark and guard spark of the 2nd hit of Sylvan Hurricane Assault is misaligned.
-There is no landing sound effect when she touches the ground from Floral Blizzard Blossom.
-For some reason, Floral Blizzard Blossom now misses if the opponent is too close to her (The previous version doesn't do that, is this intentional?).
-The first two hits of New Moon Lotus gains small meter before the astral heat animation plays.
-Very minor, but you might as well remove the alternative portrait on her folder (No need to keep it still as the current one on the SFF is the same, but the shading fixed).

Mika:
-You should put a small amount of envshake every time she trips.
-The sliding dust and sound effect should play the moment she swings Pachelbel on 66A, not before it.
-There is no normal ground shockwave and envshake when she hits the ground from 66B when it misses.
-The EX spark when using EX Missile is misaligned.
-The EX spark doesn't play when the opponent is too close to EX Cannon due to the EX spark effect's timing as it doesn't appear the moment it's used.
-Rapid canceling Mika Revolution uses 1000 meter and not 500 only when it hits the ground.
-Mika Revolution can also be rapid canceled if it hits the ground and not hit the opponent.

Terumi:
-The sliding dusts on 66A and 66B is reversed and they move alongside him.
-Snakebyte and ground Gleaming Fang is missing sliding dust at the end of the animation if it misses or blocked.
-The ground version of Gleaming Fang could use an old air dash effect and sound on the startup.
-Divine Twin Blades doesn't have increased cornerpush on the last hit.

Meta Knight:
-Galactic Counter when it hits successfully should slide a bit instead of come to a complete halt.
-The hitspark and guard spark of B Dimensional Cape is slightly misaligned.

For Kirby, here are the rest of the other characters I forgot (Mostly just adding alternative names for already existing characters):
Sanae_RP: "Sanae_THIZ"
Yukari_RP: "Yukari_THIZ"
Joseph Joestar: "Young Joseph" (Even without Hermit Purple, Yo-yo can still match with his clackers)
Quenser:  "Qwenthur" & "Qwenthur Barbotage"

Typo:
Satsuki Yumiduka: Satsuki Yumizuka (Although, ‡H's version with the last name first with the underscore is spelled intentionally like that. So keep that in while the one with the space has it corrected. I may have gave you the list for the game, but didn't realize now her last name was a typo all along. Don't know if she'll be in Type Lumina, but the last name will most likely be Yumizuka. So just change "Satsuki Yumiduka" only)

By the way, I have another suggestion for Kirby and Meta Knight for their next updates. Do you mind adding alternative small and big portraits of their appearances in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Since you have it with King Dedede, it's to keep them consistent with him, Piranha Plant and Samus. You don't need to change the current ones they have on the SFF already in case others like them. It's just to give them options and can change it themselves if they want to. And speaking about Piranha Plant, this probably means you'll need to rerender his sprites too.

Oh, and when you do get to Misaka, I should mention that her frog intro against Sanae is also missing RicePigeon's THIZ version of her.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 04:49:01 am by ZolidSone
#652  September 13, 2021, 03:21:52 am
Another Smash Bros. character by you OHMSBY.

I hope Star Fox's Krystal is possible.
#653  September 13, 2021, 04:56:42 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yeah i wonder what appearance she'll be based on
#654  September 13, 2021, 05:35:57 am
    • USA

All fixed and added those triggers to the copy ability list. Just be aware that the increased corner push has only been applied to the ground version of Twin Blades so that the air version can still be used for corner combos. Plus the air version is air blockable anyway.

By the way, I have another suggestion for Kirby and Meta Knight for their next updates. Do you mind adding alternative small and big portraits of their appearances in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Since you have it with King Dedede, it's to keep them consistent with him, Piranha Plant and Samus. You don't need to change the current ones they have on the SFF already in case others like them. It's just to give them options and can change it themselves if they want to. And speaking about Piranha Plant, this probably means you'll need to rerender his sprites too.

Sure, I could make those alternate portraits for their next update.

And yes, I'll need to eventually have Plant rerendered as well. Fortunately, the method I used for rendering Dedede and the new sprites for Meta Knight is actually faster than what I was doing before, so I'd image that update would come sooner rather than later.

Oh, and when you do get to Misaka, I should mention that her frog intro against Sanae is also missing RicePigeon's THIZ version of her.

Noted.

As a 1.1 user who tends to get a bit picky with hefty chars, I'm very glad you decreased the sprites file size, but is there any other reasons you choose ssfv2.1 other than data reduction, and will you do the same to future/upcoming chars as well?

It's just for the data reduction. I want to avoid using the 2.1 exclusive features like RGB colored sprites. This way, when I make an sffv2 for the 1.0 patch, all I have to do is click "save as", which will especially save time whenever any changes to the sprites need to be made.

I'm only going to be doing this with characters who file sizes get too big with sffv2, Blender projects involving larger characters being the most likely candidates. Hilda is currently at about 30 megabytes uncompressed, so I don't think using sffv2.1 for her will be necessary.

#655  September 13, 2021, 06:44:41 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 07:01:21 am by Paulo S
#656  September 13, 2021, 10:30:36 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I tested everyone else and they're good, but I found another thing on Mika and Mai:
-The blast effects on Mika Missile and Mika Revolution follows her and don't disappear right away after rapid canceling.
-By rapid canceling Mika Revolution when it doesn't connect or blocked, the blast right when she jumps up after hitting the ground can still deplete 1000 meter instead of 500 and blinks white.

Mai:
-The hitspark and guard spark of the 2nd hit of Sylvan Hurricane Assault still feels misaligned (It's too high up when it hits the opponent both in the ground and in the air. Should be where the blade of Gallia Sphyra is).

Also, I missed on Maid Taiga that the effect on Taiga Rampage when blocked follows her after rapid canceling.

All fixed and added those triggers to the copy ability list. Just be aware that the increased corner push has only been applied to the ground version of Twin Blades so that the air version can still be used for corner combos. Plus the air version is air blockable anyway.
Of course, I should have clarified it was for the ground version since it kinda works as a reversal.

Sure, I could make those alternate portraits for their next update.

And yes, I'll need to eventually have Plant rerendered as well. Fortunately, the method I used for rendering Dedede and the new sprites for Meta Knight is actually faster than what I was doing before, so I'd image that update would come sooner rather than later.
While you make the new alt portraits for Meta Knight and rerender Piranha Plant's sprites, don't forget to adjust their palette organization too as the redone palettes for Meta Knight are currently around 40-52 out of 71. The default 12 colors should be the very first set of palettes in the SFF palette organizer.

Speaking about portraits, what lifebar portrait are you basing for Hilda? It looks like one of the dialogue portraits from Under Night In-Birth. If my memory serves me carefully, I'm guessing you had her pre-made before she was announced on BBTag as she's one of the early poll characters alongside Mora and Hibachi and didn't get to her until now. I hope you consider making her BBTag portraits as the default and still keep that old one as an alternative like with Akatsuki before he was announced in BBTag too.

It's just for the data reduction. I want to avoid using the 2.1 exclusive features like RGB colored sprites. This way, when I make an sffv2 for the 1.0 patch, all I have to do is click "save as", which will especially save time whenever any changes to the sprites need to be made.

I'm only going to be doing this with characters who file sizes get too big with sffv2, Blender projects involving larger characters being the most likely candidates. Hilda is currently at about 30 megabytes uncompressed, so I don't think using sffv2.1 for her will be necessary.
Good idea to keep it strictly for the Blender characters. No need to do that for 2D character sprites as they don't have that many. I understand why it has to be done because they were originally 3D and you managed to rip every single frame.

The only old character that could use it is Samus as she also has over 3000 sprites and only 7 MB less as King Dedede with a 1.0 SFF. I have no clue how Unknown managed to rip those sprites, but it must be a similar method as yours. Only do it if the file size bothers you.

Noted.
I also forgot that "Suwako Moriya" isn't there either with her last name, so it won't play against Veanko's version. Note that too.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:03:01 pm by ZolidSone
#657  September 13, 2021, 06:51:57 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
What's your thoughts on doing the Fire Emblem cast and, more importantly, Byleth? Considering, well you know, she's your profile picture and all that.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King Dedede Updated + 3 Quick updates (9/13/21)
#658  September 14, 2021, 04:26:57 am
    • USA
Dedede, Mika, Mai, and Maid Taiga have received quick updates

Dedede:
-Deluxe Gordo now freezes in place during the super finish effect
-Adjusted hit detection for hitting Deluxe Gordo with Dedede's Hammer
-5AAA now has reduced hitstun during consecutive uses in combos
Mika:
-Fixed an error where Rapid canceling whiffed Mika Revolution after the landing would reduce 1000 meter instead of 500
Mika, Mai, and Maid Taiga:
-Fixes to visual errors

I've updated Mika Returna's JP voice patch today.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IB8vq5Kj8pK3Kxk4JJLnAwiGIoqBBlGV/view?usp=sharing

You've accidentally indexed sound 8005,2 as 8005,0, which prevents it from playing when it's supposed to.

Speaking about portraits, what lifebar portrait are you basing for Hilda?

It actually is her BBTAG portrait. I didn't like how her hand looked in the small port, it didn't really look like something that could be recognized as a hand, so I removed it. That's why it looks different.

What's your thoughts on doing the Fire Emblem cast and, more importantly, Byleth? Considering, well you know, she's your profile picture and all that.

Prior to Byleth, I had Dedede and Blitztank as profile pictures, which are both characters that I eventually ended up working on. This is a trend that I intend to continue.
Re: Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King Dedede Updated + 3 Quick updates (9/13/21)
#659  September 14, 2021, 04:38:24 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Re: Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King Dedede Updated + 3 Quick updates (9/13/21)
#660  September 14, 2021, 05:20:47 am
    • USA
Very good. Added your updated link to the site.