YesNoOk

Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko updated 10-31-22 (Read 31679 times)

Started by Odb718, October 10, 2022, 06:38:40 am
Share this topic:
Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko updated 10-31-22
New #1  October 10, 2022, 06:38:40 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
This is an Edit of Zero-Sennin's Ryuko

^^^DOWNLOAD^^^

Made this edit pretty fast. The biggest thing is she's now 6 buttons. The normal LP MP FP LK MK HK set up. I frankensprited about 5 basic moves for it.
I've expanded a lot of her specials to be 3 versions based off of the buttons. Some specials didn't get changed much, if at all.

I've added a push block and a charge state.
I gave her a get up roll. Forwards or backwards.
I've added a super jump, and a launcher for air combos. The Dragon Flip special can be used once per jump. Basically creating a manual double jump.

She's a combo machine now. Basics into specials into ultras. Each special/ultra move can be used once per combo. I've added a nerfing system so the more you link, the less damage is done. You realistically don't want to link Ultras unless it's going for the kill.

I've added in her Fighting God Ursula Ultra. It's pretty much a copy-pasta from flowrallia's Ryuko. Though I did make some new sprites for it.
I've added in a new ultra based off of Chun Li's Shichisei Senkuu Kyaku. aka her Seven Star Kick.  There's a graphical error with the bg sometimes. I cant pin down the cause to know how to fix it.
I've added in a Dragon Tatsumaki Ultra. It's similar to Ryu's Tatsumaki ultra where it will pull in P2. It can be done in the air. If you button mash you can go from the base 19 hits to a few more.
I commented out her Ultra Fireball. It just doesn't feel right with her.
Most of the ultras she's had haven't gotten my ultra background effects. Like her EX Dragon Knuckle doesn't feel strong enough for it. I may beef it up later on.

I tried to color separate everything I could, but there's still her belt I'm eyeballing to CS.
I've added a lot of random sprites in the character just trying to spice it up. OGGY did a really good job on her.

I haven't gotten a lot of play time with her against other people. I'm not sure if I like the commands layout for her ultras. She may need a roll in the future.

DOWNLOAD HER HERE or HERE
I should be adding a 2nd url asap if this link isn't working for people.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 12:28:04 am by Odb718
Re: Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko
#2  October 10, 2022, 09:23:08 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like this idea!
I'm very glad you take her on in a custom version!

Thanks for sharing!
I'm testing her!

EDIT : wait! Seems like the file is offline!!
Perhaps I was too fast, or you updated the link ?
#3  October 10, 2022, 03:16:20 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Damn, looks godlike, Odb.
#4  October 10, 2022, 04:46:54 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
link broken
#5  October 10, 2022, 05:46:16 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#6  October 10, 2022, 05:55:43 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#7  October 10, 2022, 11:22:28 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
I feel like I should also point that you probably forgot to post screenshots. lol
#8  October 11, 2022, 09:24:58 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Managed to snag her before the original link went off, some quick feedback since there's some issues:

-Newly added super-jump conflicts with the existing high jump code.
which also causes a problem if you Tiger Knee her Aerial QCF + K special. It makes it always trigger.
-The super jump you added only comes out if you are in a standing statetype. It also does not detect UB and UF on its command.
-A lot of her specials have frames of invuln that she doesn't really benefit off of, I feel her QCF+P special and QCF+K special don't need them.
-Her Tatsumaki Super gives back meter on hit, chip damage is very high.
-Her Chun-Li super bugs out on a guarding opponent.
-Her super moves have inconsistent damage, Some of them are okay for the meter use (around 200 or so), some are too low (Her Level 3 and the weird robot like thingy).
-Speaking of that one, it has about 30 frames of no hitboxes at the end of it.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#9  October 11, 2022, 12:30:56 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I'm very frustrated, because I like Ryuko.
And 718 version can only be fun and great!

I thought I was in the starting blocks... I missed the moment when she was online.
Any chance someone can post a mirror ?

I'm not sure Odb718 see this post for some time. Perhaps he's really busy ^^
#10  October 11, 2022, 02:20:29 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Sorry guys. I had some stuff to do for the last long bit. 
Hopefully that link will stay up and working. I'm trying to get to a more permanent link. But I haven't even had time to mess with that.

The hitboxes at the end of the ultra, I knew I still had a problem with it. But I couldn't remember why or what it was. I'm not sure what I want to do with that because she should have a hit override there. But she should still be able to take damage from P2 and P4 if they block or it whiffs.

The invulnerable frames I'd have to get more gameplay with her. But I think my thinking was fireball avoidance.
The damage scaling will get fixed asap.

I'll have to dig through the super jump code. Have you been able to super jump forward and backwards?

I'll edit the Tatsumaki ultra to fix those probs.
I'll have to check against a guarding opponent with the 7 star kick ultra. It's pretty tough to command both players sometimes so I'll have to put some cheats in as a temp workaround.

@Momotaro:  @GreatFunk: @WF4123: @Kamui_De_Los_Vientos: @Nintendo DS:
Hopefully this link will work for you guys
Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 01:38:25 pm by Odb718
#11  October 11, 2022, 03:07:14 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
https://mega.nz/file/bJgkwbDJ#O8QVTfuYRTRYZ7hRScq_3FrAqK1tX54RMHu9mD-DMwE
Hopefully that link will stay up and working. I'm trying to get to a more permanent link. But I haven't even had time to mess with that.

The hitboxes at the end of the ultra, I knew I still had a problem with it. But I couldn't remember why or what it was. I'm not sure what I want to do with that because she should have a hit override there. But she should still be able to take damage from P2 and P4 if they block or it whiffs.

The invulnerable frames I'd have to get more gameplay with her. But I think my thinking was fireball avoidance.

I'll have to dig through the super jump code. Have you been able to super jump forward and backwards?

I'll have to check against a guarding opponent with the 7 star kick ultra. It's pretty tough to command both players sometimes so I'll have to put some cheats in as a temp workaround.

It worked, thanks a bunch.
#12  October 11, 2022, 04:20:51 pm
  • KFC
    • USA

https://mega.nz/file/bJgkwbDJ#O8QVTfuYRTRYZ7hRScq_3FrAqK1tX54RMHu9mD-DMwE

*click noice*
#13  October 11, 2022, 10:32:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for the link update.
I tested this version of Ryuko.
It really makes me want to see a custom version in a more POTS style!

Your frankenspriting is good!
Seems like she have move normal attacks now.
Even if some like her crouching MK seems to miss some frames.

The result is pretty good!
Will she have a second throw ?

I regret the kind of mish mash of very different supers and some other details.
But for a first shot of Ryuko, I'm really pleased.

Also, is your purple custom palette included ?
#14  October 12, 2022, 04:11:38 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Sorry, the custom palette IS in the character. I just had State 5900 set up to never show it because it was the palette I was using to color separate Ryuko. I forgot to change it back.

If you guys want the palette you can make a super simple edit in State 5900.
Change
dest = 1,palno+1
to
dest = 1,palno

Great catch on the lack of frames on CMK. I've spotted 1 easy sprite, and I'm going to frankensprite a frame to make it a lot smoother.

I'll upload a v1.01 pretty soon with the fixes.
#15  October 13, 2022, 03:11:35 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Did some fixes. The palettes should be ok. There's more than 6 so you can look through and pick which ones you like with the DEF
I edited her CMK a bit. It's got another frame and some different timings.
The block problem on the Dragon Senkuu-Kyaku has been fixed.

I'm still working on the jumps and the ultra damages. 
and
for the latest. The DEF should say
versiondate = 12/21/12 ;10-22-2022  ;Version date of character
for the latest build
Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 11:33:02 pm by Odb718
#16  October 19, 2022, 04:29:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I should have a good update coming up tomorrow.
I've added in all the ultra nerfing. It's working pretty solid. Each ultra is going to deal 200 damage if it's a raw connect. If it's in a combo the first level is 45%, then 25%, then 10%. It isn't hard to get a large enough combo so the 3rd ultra is only doing 20 damage to P2. It can work a few different ways. The original upload I have the values set wrong.

With that, right now I'm trying to balance the hitconfirms into ultra. Being able to tag P2 with an air fierce attack and connect is different than a standing jab into ultra. I'm trying to limit that unbalance.

I am making, or trying to make, all of the specials link into each other and all of the ultras work off of the basics and specials. I'm not sure if a human can link her Dragon Senkuu-Kyaku from her Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku. (Go from the hurricane ultra into the chun li ultra). P2 bounces from side to side in under 3 tics. Any motion you try to input will be flip flopping like crazy. There should be enough time to combo the two ultras in the air if you're high enough.

I've had some health issues the last couple days, but I'm feeling like I'm back to normal.
I still need to look into the jump situation.

I'm going to put the same background for all the ultras. I'm still day dreaming about either a ground pound ultra or something else.
#17  October 19, 2022, 08:52:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for your reply
Good news for the update ! I'm glad to know this great character will progress even more!

Take care !
#18  October 22, 2022, 02:02:28 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
New update. the Def should say
for the CURRENT VERSION.

Got a lot of stuff squared away with Ryuko.
I've added even more color separation. Now her Bow and her Belt are independent, from the gloves and shoes. Found a lot of random pixels and put them back to how they should be.
I've added a Kimberly (SFVI) palette. It's not the best. The fact that Kimberly seems to do a lot of Ryuko moves made me do it.

I've added a run-> dash kick. I'm not exactly sure if I like it or not. Kimberly can do a slide, so I might want to make one for Ryuko to increase their similarities.

The High Jumps have been tinkered with. I didn't like that the crouching high jump went further than the super jump did. I've also lowered the high jump just a bit so jump, high jump, and super jump are more evenly spaced. I've removed a bug if you played on keyboard or hitbox that you could activate the high jump and store it. Then later your jump would automatically be the high jump.
@jade_midori: I've tried to get that bug you describe to happen, but I can't. Are you playing on an arcade stick or controller?
If you go from Dragon Knee to Dragon Twister fast enough the velocity caries over. So it may just appear to high jump?

I'm still working on her hit confirms. I've shortened a couple windows for basics. The standard combos still work but you'll have to be a few tics faster now.

The Ultra backgrounds still haven't been messed with.

Elena vs Kimberly palette shows off the gloves/shoes/belt/bow CS
Re: Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko upadted 10-22-22
#19  October 22, 2022, 03:39:43 pm
  • KFC
    • USA

New update. the Def should say
for the CURRENT VERSION.

Got a lot of stuff squared away with Ryuko.
I've added even more color separation. Now her Bow and her Belt are independent, from the gloves and shoes. Found a lot of random pixels and put them back to how they should be.
I've added a Kimberly (SFVI) palette. It's not the best. The fact that Kimberly seems to do a lot of Ryuko moves made me do it.

I've added a run-> dash kick. I'm not exactly sure if I like it or not. Kimberly can do a slide, so I might want to make one for Ryuko to increase their similarities.

The High Jumps have been tinkered with. I didn't like that the crouching high jump went further than the super jump did. I've also lowered the high jump just a bit so jump, high jump, and super jump are more evenly spaced. I've removed a bug if you played on keyboard or hitbox that you could activate the high jump and store it. Then later your jump would automatically be the high jump.
@jade_midori: I've tried to get that bug you describe to happen, but I can't. Are you playing on an arcade stick or controller?
If you go from Dragon Knee to Dragon Twister fast enough the velocity caries over. So it may just appear to high jump?

I'm still working on her hit confirms. I've shortened a couple windows for basics. The standard combos still work but you'll have to be a few tics faster now.

The Ultra backgrounds still haven't been messed with.

Elena vs Kimberly palette shows off the gloves/shoes/belt/bow CS

here's the alt link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ez4m32eyfcoux24/Ryuko718%25281%2529.zip/file

next time use mediafire/mega/gdrive.
Re: Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko upadted 10-22-22
#20  October 23, 2022, 09:35:59 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
I was curious about this new edit, and it turned out pretty good.  :thumbsup:

@GreatFunk thanks for the alternative download link.