YesNoOk

Street Fighter - General Brainstorming topic - (Read 124352 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 19, 2014, 12:13:32 am
Re: Street Fighter
#21  March 21, 2014, 03:24:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
One wonders if this could become some sort of community project/way to teach people how to create.

Even if you have no coding knowledge I feel you should join this project. We can assign different job tasks. Data mining, artists, sff creation, air creation, modular coding (where we would post pieces that would need to be coded)

I'm thinking that like this even if a person doesn't know how to code we can help explain things in blocks. Like someone would be assigned to code Ryu's standing punches.

Before that we would need to post something explaining all the variables that may be needed and what they are used for and examples with how to use them. The data miner will need to give us the data needed for damage, slide values on hit, frame advantage, etc

If all of this is posted beforehand it will be simple for people that have never coded to understand what they need to do with this information.

Now, we don't have to be 100% accurate on everything since this will not be a remake of a particular game. The data mining will be for a base. CVS2 doesn't have a hitbox viewer so most CLSN data will come from other games and tweaked as needed for this one.

Since I'm pretty familiar with leading large community projects in the webcomic community if I'm not stepping on toes here I would like to see if we could get this rolling. There is no guarantees it won't fizzle out. But without a good direction and someone taking the helm to push this it sure won't go anywhere.

My skill sets are as follows. Sprite ripping, data mining, sff/air creation, slight coding experience with the aptitude to learn more (I do better in an environment like this)

If we can get at least 4 more coders interested to just help out I'll make the thread Thread Of The Week and we will start being more serious about getting this project off the ground.

So if you are interested please post here with what skills you may wish to contribute. The amount of time you can give this will not be an issue as the goal is to allow people to fill in different areas.

We may even call this Mugen Fighter's Guild Presents: Street Fighter or something
#22  March 21, 2014, 03:45:10 pm
    • Peru
I'm interested.

My skills include:
Character Coding; I'm fairly decent, I created some characters years ago
Data Mining (I'm totally into framedate ans systems mechanics and such)

I can also know how to do AIRs and SFFs, but I rather prefer doing coding or data mining.
#23  March 21, 2014, 03:50:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I am interested-
My skills:
Sharing the ideas with a ton of people on dA and involve them if this project is interesting for them with drawn art like the SF II Profile Images i posted here a few days ago.

I like the SF Mugen game idea and i bet people from my community FGE would like to draw intro/ending images and what else can be a part of the game.
#24  March 21, 2014, 03:52:25 pm
I can sprite edit pretty well?
#25  March 21, 2014, 03:54:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I like the sound of that. It can indeed be something like MFG Collab: Street Fighter.
Though let's not get TOO far ahead and 'pull it away' from FeLo just like that, he hasn't replied since and he'll be like 'what happened' when he gets back.
But I do agree it should have system mechanics pulled from like every Street Fighter game ever, mashed into one (though ofcourse after reviewing all of them and going with the best ones while keepig things balanced).

I'm sure most of you are aware I'm pretty good at spriting/sprite editing (though I hate editing, I'd rather redraw the whole thing then EDIT it),
and somewhat of an idea engineer/quality checker.
#26  March 21, 2014, 03:59:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes, Felo will be the over all director as it's his idea. I'm not trying to step on his toes ^_^; so I hope he does not feel as such. I'm taking the course I feel gives a project as this the best chance of coming to life. If he doesn't like what I'm doing to his thread I will surely back off however :)

I'm not even talking about fighting engine or art direction or anything yet. 1st we need to see if there is enough interest and if Felo approves of this action. Then we can get into huge ass arguments about mechanics and it'll be great!!!
#27  March 21, 2014, 04:02:15 pm
I'm good with coding and planning. I'm a below average sprite artist, but I do study sprites and animation a ton.

I remember wanting to make my own Street Fighter project, but like most ideas I didn't like the concept and buried it.
Give me 2-3 characters to code and I can make things happen.

Hopefully this takes off, sounds like a swell idea.
#28  March 21, 2014, 04:13:19 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
My question is why does it have to be Street Fighter? 

Just curious
#29  March 21, 2014, 04:17:05 pm
because felo thinks there's no good sf fullgame for mugen
#30  March 21, 2014, 04:21:11 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Oh I see
#31  March 21, 2014, 05:17:28 pm
I can code a bit and sprite a bit. And give feedback.

I never fully showed my potential in the coding department, but there might be a chance for me.
#32  March 21, 2014, 06:08:29 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
#33  March 21, 2014, 07:23:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry Caddie. Most users here now are too young to remember what a NES even is!

Though that does give me an idea for a new sticky to hopefully give a little bit more exposure to things such as that.
#34  March 21, 2014, 10:06:45 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Thanks everyone for the replies :D!!

First of all, JnP: I don't bother for that, so don't worry :)!
Now...I wouldn't talk about "director", because everyone here can contribute in one way or another, so I wouldn't be tell that word.

In any case, I can't be director, because I only know to sprite(that's what I can contribute here. Nothing more). I tried coding in the past and the result was...chaotic? no, next step of chaos D:!!

My micro idea is making a beta with 2 chars from each saga+ Boss, for example:
- SF1: Ryu - Eagle----Sagat. I suggest using Armentis' Ryu because has some quite awesome news from both SF3 and CvS. And also SF4 stand. Also, a good colour separtion for him could be used for something more(secret!!)
- SFZ: Rose - Sakura?----Who? this Dictator is way too different from his SF2 counterpart. Maybe no one. Or maybe Ingrid?
- SF2: Chun Li - Guile----Dictator.
- SF4: C. Viper - Gouken-----Seth. Maybe fixing him a bit from Chucho's(??) version plus a "cvs" palete would do the cut.
- SF3: Alex - Dudley -----Gill.  Alex was converted into something a la cvs by Zero de Armentis and Dudley was awesomely converted by Drex.

This make a total of 14(15 if we choose Ingrid) playable characters, what's nice for a beta. Also, these bunch has some differences: there are shotos, there are charging like characters, and there are totally freaks there(Seth, no one loves you). So, as there are those types, it could be useful for making something like a template for future coding, tweaking here and there(I know it's maybe a crazyness and a total nonsense by my part. I know) for other characters who follows that structure.

About coders...I know that @Nestor and MAYBE @MGMURROW could be interested. I spoke with Nestor and he seems to be pretty interested.

I will reply more focused later, I have something to do now, so...I'll take my time later replying one by one.

Thanks for your time, have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#35  March 22, 2014, 01:05:34 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
- SFZ: Rose - Sakura?----Who? this Dictator is way too different from his SF2 counterpart. Maybe no one. Or maybe Ingrid?

Maybe instead of thinking of a boss-tier character, you could select a character from each game. Rose from SFZ, Sakura from SFZ2, and Mika/Karin from SFZ3.

Also, I think that you could add some FF characters to the list you've done so far. Cody or Guy, maybe.
#36  March 22, 2014, 02:32:05 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well if Nestor and/or MGMURROW are interested that would give plenty of potential coders. So before we worry about roster let's figure out the system.

I'll start from SF2 because SF1 didn't introduce anything that could make the system unique, unless super hard motions are what we want.

I'll assume we'll stick with link combos, 2 in ones, buffering, etc The only game to really remove link combos was SFA1 where it had chains. I don't see this game needing that (even though it's my fav system =p)

More universal
reversal
dizzy
Juggle

SSF2T
1 stock super bar
1 super move per character
1 tick throws used with a single strong attack button
Throw Escape
Throw Tech (where you take half damage and land on your feet)
randomness

SFA3 I'm combining isms
3 stock super bar
lvl1, 2, 3 super moves
Multiple supers
air recovery
roll recovery
SFA3 juggle system
Hold back for all close range attacks
Custom Combo
2 Punches or 2 Kicks to throw
throw start up animation and miss animation
Throw Escape
Throw Tech (where you take half damage and land on your feet)
Alpha Counter
Guard Meter/Guard Crush
Air Blocking
start for taunt
decrease damage by pressing buttons/directions
timing guard
Reduced damage on projectiles the further they travel

SF3TS
Variant stock super bar (depended on character/super selected)
Had to chose from 1 of 3 supers
EX moves
LP + LK for throw
MP + MK for leap attack
HP + HK for taunt
Parry
red parry
Blocking only works while away is held even after combo starts
Stun Meter
Dash
throw start up animation and miss animation
Throw Escape
Super Jump
Quick Stand

USF4
1 stock super bar split in 4 parts
EX moves
Select from one of 2 Ultras
1 super
Ultra Bar
LP + LK  for throw
MP + MK for Focus
HP + HK for taunt
(I forget the buttons) for red focus
Armor Moves
1 tick throws
throw miss  animation
Throw Escape
Armor breaker moves
Dash
Slow get up
fast get up

I think that about covers it. Let me know if there is anything I missed or that should be noted. Then we can start discussing which systems from what games to implement.
Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:24:45 am by Just No Point
#37  March 22, 2014, 02:43:23 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If you need me for anything, im game.
#38  March 22, 2014, 03:01:53 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
It's starting to sound like Lost Avenger's Street Fighter X game.
#39  March 22, 2014, 03:04:44 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Just No Point.

Interesting concept!

Will be nice to design the ISM's according the game era.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#40  March 22, 2014, 03:08:15 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
These are not for isms. We'll decide on a system based on things from all the games mentioned here.

It's starting to sound like Lost Avenger's Street Fighter X game.

I need to look into the similarities. Could be mutual assistance here.