YesNoOk

Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs (Read 76605 times)

Started by 外音リザ, January 22, 2006, 05:33:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs
#61  February 14, 2006, 10:42:11 pm
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
Alright, settle down.

AeroGP: Really, the best thing to do is listen to the song and find where it loops.  I know, it's a long a boring process, but the end results are worth it.  What kind of song, or what song, is it that doesn't have a loop?

OrochiKOFXI: Actually, he could try BeatX Seamless Looper, but I wouldn't want him spending money for something that can be done for free.  Also, there are plenty of song that can't be looped.  For all we know, he could be trying to loop a mainstream song that you might hear on the radio/CD or something like that.  We must ask first in order to help him out.

Midori: That might not be possible.  Unforunately, a game making program can only do so much.  This is why I wish I knew Visual C++ or Visual Basic.  For now, stuff like loop-point recognition can't be done due to programming limitations.  The only way to do that is to call an external program to auto-find the loop region and I don't think there is such a program in command-line format.  We'll see what develops as the project progresses.  Laterz~

djDarkX
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
#62  February 14, 2006, 10:55:45 pm
  • Whatever
    • n.domaindlx.com/platinumgp
They're mostly official and arranged soundtrack songs from other fighting games, such as the CvS player select screen. I predicted the loop point and set it up, but not only did the engine skip the specified point, but it crashed once the song ended. :(

Random Creator: Ono! Someone stole my sprite rips? Don't I get a say in this?
Random Leecher: Hell no, your property is our property. We own youz, bitches!
Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!
Random Leecher: ... Yeah, and?
#63  February 14, 2006, 10:58:45 pm
Oew...hmm...

Well, what I can do for you is take a look at the source files (the songs you want to work with) and see where the loop points are, if any.  You can upload them via yousendit.com or savefile.com and PM me the link.  I've been working on looping music for years now.  Anyways, send them on over and I can help you.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#64  February 15, 2006, 02:14:53 am
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
I recall another friend of mine who is into programming mention he added loop point in WAVs with just notepad. XD

On another note, Immaterial and Missing Power BGMs are big space hogs. They loop after the 2nd cycle of the song, which results to disk space waste. :\
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/
#65  February 15, 2006, 11:18:38 pm
Well, yeah, you can have loop points put into a text file so that the frontend can read it, but in order for the loop points to be placed on the text file, you need a program that can find the loop points, set the values to the file (ie. loop_pts.txt) and then have the frontend call the values automatically, but I don't think there's a small external program that can do that.  I'm sure that making a frontend in Vis C++ or Vis Basic is easy, but I need the skill, which I lack, to actually do it.  Mind you, I'll be learning Vis Basic soon, so when I get some programming knowledge under my belt, which won't take too long as I learn very quickly, then I'll be able to reprogram the frontend completely in Vis Basic and have it with the extra features you want.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#66  February 16, 2006, 02:06:00 am
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
Uh.. I can't Find The Software to Convert the WAVS to ADX... Where Can I find It...?

If It hasn't Hodt, I can Host it ok...?

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#67  February 16, 2006, 04:47:28 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Well, yeah, you can have loop points put into a text file so that the frontend can read it, but in order for the loop points to be placed on the text file, you need a program that can find the loop points, set the values to the file (ie. loop_pts.txt) and then have the frontend call the values automatically, but I don't think there's a small external program that can do that.  I'm sure that making a frontend in Vis C++ or Vis Basic is easy, but I need the skill, which I lack, to actually do it.  Mind you, I'll be learning Vis Basic soon, so when I get some programming knowledge under my belt, which won't take too long as I learn very quickly, then I'll be able to reprogram the frontend completely in Vis Basic and have it with the extra features you want.  Laterz~

djDarkX

Nice. Go, djdark! :D

If it helps, Microsoft has express versions of their visual C stuff, which means they're free. Might wanna check those out. :P

#68  February 16, 2006, 05:23:00 am
Here's the new link to the frontend.  It is now in a zip file, so if you are using Windows 98/ME/2000, download Winzip or some other unzipping tool.  For WinXP users, use the integrated unzip tool or whatever software you want and extract the files to a folder and use it.  Simple.

ADX Frontend v1.0 (zipped)
#69  February 16, 2006, 08:21:23 pm
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
soooo Can I host it...?

moo
poncho

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#70  February 16, 2006, 08:53:19 pm
soooo Can I host it...?

moo
poncho

Well, it's already hosted on savefile.com, so hosting it on another site doesn't seem too promising.  Eventually, I'll setup a free web account somewhere and host it there, so there's no need to host it anywhere else.  Thank you for the offer though.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#71  February 18, 2006, 01:38:00 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
At the very bottom of the site that has in_cube.dll (This site), there's a tool for looping ADX programs. Has anyone tried that? (at a work computer so i can't do that)
#72  February 18, 2006, 01:43:14 am
At the very bottom of the site that has in_cube.dll (This site), there's a tool for looping ADX programs. Has anyone tried that? (at a work computer so i can't do that)

I have.  It only loops the said WAV file from start to end with no customizable loop points.  It's a great tool, but if you have an ADX file that has an intro then the loop, it's not useful.

djDarkX
#73  February 18, 2006, 01:39:55 pm
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
MOUU!!!

* Midori pouts

Do you have any other sound editing software other than sound forge? I just found out that some ADXs I encoded "clicks" upon looping. I NEVER hear these clicks in Sound Forge, thus, making the process an inevitable mistake. <_<

#74  February 18, 2006, 01:44:48 pm
Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:47:08 pm by Jack Sparrow
#75  February 20, 2006, 07:33:00 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
MOUU!!!

* Midori pouts

Do you have any other sound editing software other than sound forge? I just found out that some ADXs I encoded "clicks" upon looping. I NEVER hear these clicks in Sound Forge, thus, making the process an inevitable mistake. <_<

That happened to me too...
BUT i figured the way to fix it.
While i was edited Dan's wav (i deleted 1 second of the song) with loop points and everything PERFECT,  but when i encoded the ADX i heard that clicking sound.
But i grabbed the Original WAV (the one with the Second i chopped off) and encoded it with the Loop Points i obtained: VOILA! Perfect Looping ADX, i think the Loop Points that SF gives you count the original WAV, so edit your WAV, re-open it and do the looping part.

Unless it's a problem of how SF saves the WAV (with MS of extra noise) but who knows. :P
#76  February 20, 2006, 07:36:52 am
Very nice solution.

If all else fails, I have a look into it using SoundForge.  Please keep me updated.

djDarkX
#77  February 20, 2006, 07:51:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Why is it that the ADX files I make from the WAV are always at a lower volume than the original?
#78  February 20, 2006, 07:53:41 am
    • China
Confirmed  :D
You edit your WAV first, save it and then you re-open it for the Loop part :sugoi: this is great bacause SoundForge makes PERFECT and very very accurate (and fast to make) loop points.

JZ: Don't now , i pass mine trough SoundForge's Volume Increase and they are Perfect.
#79  February 20, 2006, 07:56:20 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I use the envelope tool in Audacity as well as use the gain bar on the left.

Always comes out lower for some reason.
#80  February 20, 2006, 07:59:05 am
    • China
Weird, unless ADXencd contains a Tool that normalizes Peaks/Volumes/DB it will always Lower the Sound of the WAV, otherwise...

Switch to SoundForge, the Volume Gain option actually...works, give me sometime and i'll RAR up my version for you :ninja: