YesNoOk

Characters that are "Private" (Read 44574 times)

Started by aznpikachu215, September 27, 2016, 08:37:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Characters that are "Private"
#21  September 27, 2016, 11:34:18 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
As someone who had access to a plethora of private characters in the past (don't ask, I lost them all two crashes ago), I can say with confidence that all the best stuff is publicly available.

I'm not a huge fan of flaunting my "private" chars unless I will eventually release them to the public either when they're complete or (post-Pupa) as a public beta to get feedback as I go along. There's really no point in saying "look at this, haha you're never gonna get it."

It's only truly a "private" character if you aren't even aware that it exists...
#22  September 27, 2016, 11:35:32 pm
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#23  September 27, 2016, 11:50:40 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I can understand when it's not ready, but when it's ready, creators don't release the links, if it's private so much, why showcase it? That basically just sends demands to people on how they want it so much.

Most of us gave you valid reasons. The other reason is "the creator is a childish retard."
#24  September 28, 2016, 12:14:37 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
note that unfinished has a lot of different meanings for a lot of people a character can be "complete" but missing let's say, proper gfx for one projectile as it's only using whatever for the meanwhile, then the creator hits a snag  and the character goes unrelased publically for years, before the creator can go back to change the fx (palettes and sound effects, or maybe one move also do the trick).
#25  September 28, 2016, 12:55:43 am
  • GEE GEE

The one thing I can't stand is people who show off their privates and have no intention of sharing them.

haha that's exactly what Miley does on TV.

Anywho, they do that because they want to feel speciaaaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!!!
wat.
#26  September 28, 2016, 01:06:57 am
I can understand when it's not ready, but when it's ready, creators don't release the links, if it's private so much, why showcase it? That basically just sends demands to people on how they want it so much.
Two reasons.
Either they just want to show off something they're proud of, but they don't actually care about releasing it. This is still fine, because they don't actually HAVE to release the things they show. If they get requests about it, it's their problem, they're the ones who get to handle that.

Or they really do it to get a reaction, and they're happy that they're making other people jealous. And in this case, that wouldn't happen if people wouldn't lose their shit at the mere sight of the slightest new thing, even if it's a millionth copy of the same characters. This does happen, and this is the reaction that few people look for when they show off their stuff and say "it's mine and you're never getting it !" And that's just the old "don't feed the troll" argument - if you don't want to see this specific kind of people, then don't give them a reason to post like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#27  September 28, 2016, 01:23:15 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i had to duble check to make sure if someone had bumped an old thread from back in 2006

but nope, some people are still whinning about private chars and using the same bullshit arguments about the use of assets from existing games and whatever in 2016
#28  September 28, 2016, 01:46:36 am
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
If it's private so much, why showcase it?

Not always the guy who showcased his private character is its creator.
Sometimes the private character is leaked by a friend of its creator but generally without his permission for showcasing his character.

#29  September 28, 2016, 02:09:48 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Do most of these private content creators participate in giving feedback on the graphical side?

I invest in the sprites and I don't get any kind reaction even if he used those sprites. So far I've only encountered one but I'm getting the impression he's only willing to take and not give.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#30  September 28, 2016, 02:37:52 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Most of my creations are private. They are either unfinished, don't feel quite how I think they should, are an edit, or were something that was made as a thank you to some of my testers. 90% of my content is private at this point and most will likely never be released, but are in screenshots here and there

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#31  September 28, 2016, 02:42:39 am
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
i had to duble check to make sure if someone had bumped an old thread from back in 2006

but nope, some people are still whinning about private chars and using the same bullshit arguments about the use of assets from existing games and whatever in 2016

I honestly had no intent on "Whining" about these kind of things, just curious is all I am.
#32  September 28, 2016, 03:03:53 am
well then pardon me, now if your inquiry is born out of legitimate curiosity rather than discomfort with the reason behind some people choose to not release their work to the public then it is fine.

this topic has been brought in several times before with the same argument about using assets from official games we old timers roll our eyes whenever the same question is brought for the nth time

either way it seems your question has been answered several times and can be summarized as: incomplete works, personal edits and no desire to share ones work (as no one has any obligation to release their work to the public. as irritating that may feel to others), etc
#33  September 28, 2016, 03:22:53 am
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
well then pardon me, now if your inquiry is born out of legitimate curiosity rather than discomfort with the reason behind some people choose to not release their work to the public then it is fine.

this topic has been brought in several times before with the same argument about using assets from official games we old timers roll our eyes whenever the same question is brought for the nth time

either way it seems your question has been answered several times and can be summarized as: incomplete works, personal edits and no desire to share ones work (as no one has any obligation to release their work to the public. as irritating that may feel to others), etc

I honestly look at it from if they release a character despite being finished or not, it gives more exposure to "Insert character", and maybe people might give constructive criticism, and they'll test out the characters. And when there's a patch, just re-do it, or something. If something is shown to public, it gives them a chance to improve themselves, right?
#34  September 28, 2016, 04:04:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there's also a sweet spot where the character is unfinished for public release but already does everything that the creator wanted to do with it.
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:58:14 am by Bastard Mami
#35  September 28, 2016, 04:20:48 am
some people preffer to release something only when they believe their work is complete enough for a public release since they want to release a quality "product" rather than something incomplete just for the sake of a quick release. plus they can easily receive better feedback from private and trustworthy beta testers before release and once it's considered ready for release then they can gather more feedback from the genral public based on a more complete character.

this same applies to pretty much every product available (it's tested internally and then relesed to the public, if a problem that was not spotted during beta testing arrises its fixed later on or patches/addond are released to complement it later on)

and most importantly is that no mugen creator (or any other fan creator) has any obligation to relese anything to the public if they don't want to (... unless there's money involved)
#36  September 28, 2016, 04:40:36 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:43:37 am by Sʜᴡᴀ
#37  September 28, 2016, 09:46:37 am
Everybody hss their own right to release his/her char or stage. I had a temporary edit char of mine after I edited Combat Echizen, but I was not interested in the char anymore, so I deleted. It was Gelato with some funny sounds and voiced from cartoons and movies.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#38  September 28, 2016, 10:31:47 am
  • NvP!

Unless it's a temporary private work until a finished fullgame is out, I really can't understand also.

Exactly, anything other than that really stops mugen in term of evolving and stuff because people dont like to share codes
I am one of those but only because im working on my fullgame, after that everything should be made public!
#39  September 28, 2016, 11:07:15 am
after that everything should be made public!
Wow no. Fuck you. Why "should" anyone make their stuff public. (unless you mean everything *you* did should become public in which case sorry, but if that's what you meant then please double check your wording)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:11:06 am by Byakko
#40  September 28, 2016, 11:19:13 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

Unless it's a temporary private work until a finished fullgame is out, I really can't understand also.

Exactly, anything other than that really stops mugen in term of evolving and stuff because people dont like to share codes
I am one of those but only because im working on my fullgame, after that everything should be made public!

You know what actually stops Mugen from evolving?  Elecbyte going into hiding with no updates on their engine.
Just admit that you don't care about any of this evolving nonsense and that you just want to build a collection.