YesNoOk

Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated) (Read 40960 times)

Started by Trololo, February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
Share this topic:
Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#1  February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Well, what can I say... I've finally finished something new. And, basically, remade something old...
I'm too lazy to make videos right now and stuff, so here are just the links. Feeling rusty, haven't posted here in ages.
All you need to know is in ReadMe files. If you'll find any mistakes and bugs in both- feel free to tell me about them.
Download Cody
Download Balrog
Re: Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#2  February 25, 2020, 03:44:21 pm
well well.....Lord Trololo
#3  February 25, 2020, 03:58:16 pm
Finally !

Thanks for the releases man, I am happy to see Balrog was released as well.
Did you update the stuff for him the txt I gave you way back when ?

Gonna test em both.

Thanks !
=============
Gonna edit this post as I find stuff.
When you use HP and HK Cody will constantly grunt if you spam them you will hear the " ha ha" all the time and can get grading on the years.
Why not make the sounds NOT to play everytime he punches or kicks or at least some of them.
With Cody I cant pick up the knife, when I try to pick it up I can hear the sound of it being picked up but nothing happenes.
His crouching low  kick does not have the speed of his crouching low punch. Balrog has the same issue.
==============
Balrog.
I would add more combos to balrog or cancels on the normals lets say a low hp to a fierce hp stuff like that.
Also his crouching low kick does not have the rapid kicking. Cody has the same issue.
If I rememer correctly Balrog can chain some of his crouching normals as well in CVS2 as well as a standing short punch to an uppercut.
Give this a watch. Balrog has a couple of chains/cancels on his normals when he is crouching or stadning up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONwQr9L-fE
===============
This is it for now, I'll have more time later to continue testing them.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:18:59 pm by PeXXeR
#4  February 25, 2020, 04:17:37 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Nice to see you releasing once more, here's what I've got:
Cody:
1. His Level 1 Supers don't have (MAX) (Meaning they have Level 2 Variants) next to their names.
2. Last Dread Dust is marked with the wrong command in the readme.
3. It's probably better to say when Bud Spray is to be done next to the command, it's kinda misleading at first.
4. Run only has 1 step sound, and there's no startup dust and sound on it.
5. The Dust FXs for his specials and supers are kinda odd when they're not Hi-Res.
6. The Knife Pick-Up command is a bit too strict. I'd just making it so you can hold the Direction button down like with throws.
7. His Bad Stones could do with Land FX when they hit the ground, it's kinda empty when they do as of now.
8. Last Dread Dust just isn't right without any weapons used, but I can understand if it was due to the lack of sprites for both sffs.
9. Does he not have any Super-Cancels?
10. Another move I'd like to see added would be his Double Kick, from SF4 Omega Mode and SF5, using health like Maki's Reppukyaku and Haggar's Lariat.
Balrog:
1. I'm really put off by his Punches using Kick Hit-Sounds.
2. His Run lacks dust like Cody.
3. Sandbag Throw uses a Kick Hit-Sound instead of a Slam Sound.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  February 25, 2020, 04:30:03 pm
Its not letting me edit my old post here are Balrog's basic strings. Balrog really needs these.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6  February 25, 2020, 05:44:25 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Oh I forgot to mention Cody has an empty portraits folder.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  February 25, 2020, 06:20:58 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
For some reason his medium punch doesn't work while moving forward
#8  February 25, 2020, 07:54:32 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
I'm so flattered to see my name on the credits, I love this one. Good job.

Actually, now that I see it, I made a mistake on CSing the handcuffs, I put them 7 colors instead of 8, I hope it's not a big deal.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:02:38 pm by S. Jetstream
#9  February 25, 2020, 10:58:26 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's my feedback on them:
Cody:
-All of Cody's supers and Ruffian Kick has no envshake when they hit.

Balrog:
-His lifebar portrait is not the default palette (The pupil on his eye is missing, which the current palette doesn't have).
-His custom combo spark is slightly misaligned when standing.

Would've been more, but RagingRowen has posted most of them already. That's why it's short.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  February 26, 2020, 06:44:58 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Thanks for feedback.
When you use HP and HK Cody will constantly grunt if you spam them you will hear the " ha ha" all the time and can get grading on the years.
Why not make the sounds NOT to play everytime he punches or kicks or at least some of them.
Because, once again, SFA3. He does that there too.

With Cody I cant pick up the knife, when I try to pick it up I can hear the sound of it being picked up but nothing happenes.
I dunno, it gets the knife just perfectly for me, and alone and against himself. Maybe you're doing something wrong?

His Level 1 Supers don't have (MAX) (Meaning they have Level 2 Variants) next to their names.
Last Dread Dust is marked with the wrong command in the readme.
It's probably better to say when Bud Spray is to be done next to the command, it's kinda misleading at first.
OK, I'll fix the ReadMe. But I don't think I need to clarify something about Bad Spray. I've listed it in Move Details afterall.

Run only has 1 step sound, and there's no startup dust and sound on it.
Got it, fix it.

The Dust FXs for his specials and supers are kinda odd when they're not Hi-Res.
While I can agree with you on THAT, I have to admit: Hi-Res doesn't really work with THIS kind of dust when Cody literally slaps the dirt at the enemy's face.

The Knife Pick-Up command is a bit too strict. I'd just making it so you can hold the Direction button down like with throws.
Well, it IS supposed to be strict. But don't worry, there IS a trick to make it easier: try to not press the buttons at the same time. Press the Punches the moment you've RELEASED the Down button. It works much better like that.

His Bad Stones could do with Land FX when they hit the ground, it's kinda empty when they do as of now.
While I can agree with that in indeed looks kinda empty, I'll tell you, that Landing Explod will be too much. They don't have the impact of full-body to create such wave of dust.

Last Dread Dust just isn't right without any weapons used, but I can understand if it was due to the lack of sprites for both sffs.
Well, at least Cody still faceplants the enemy to the wall. And does the good dust at the beginning. xD

Does he not have any Super-Cancels?
No, he doesn't. He didn't have those in SFA3, and I tell you what: even if he had them they'd be useless: 3 out of 4 of his Specials knock the enemy down. Considering that one super doesn't go further than initial hit on the falling enemy and the other one can juggle only in the corner, I'd say it's going to be a waste to implement. And the 4th one is Bad Stone, which is too slow to even try to execute on enemy close enough for supers to contact.

Another move I'd like to see added would be his Double Kick, from SF4 Omega Mode and SF5, using health like Maki's Reppukyaku and Haggar's Lariat.
Sorry, but I have to ignore this one. I just don't think it will fit. Plus, proven by Varo's version, this thing can be outright cheap in the corner, but totally useless otherwise. What I would like to see is Zonk Punch, this one can be useful as a pretty fast way to hit through projectiles. But we don't have the sprites for FF outfit, so yeah...

Oh I forgot to mention Cody has an empty portraits folder.
Well, one more problem os having 2 SFFs- you can't really stock up of the ports, since you need them for BOTH versions.

All of Cody's supers and Ruffian Kick has no envshake when they hit.
Damn, I forgot about those. Will add them, BUT SELECTIVELY. Now that I see them I actually like them more without shaking.

I'm so flattered to see my name on the credits, I love this one. Good job.
Actually, now that I see it, I made a mistake on CSing the handcuffs, I put them 7 colors instead of 8, I hope it's not a big deal.
Dude, you've made the CS I used- you go to the Credits. And don't worry, it IS no big deal.

I'll reply for Balrog and upload fixed Cody later. Busy RN.
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:19:33 am by Trololo
#11  February 26, 2020, 08:54:48 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Awesome! May I edit a few sprites for Cody?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#12  February 26, 2020, 09:25:30 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Wow! Trololo's back!
#13  February 26, 2020, 10:13:35 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK, Fixed Cody (and Balrog with 1 single fix) is uploaded.
PeXXeR, I'll leave getting TOO deep in 'Rog fo later times, OK? I'm kinda out of Mojo to do stuff with this Cody I REALLY went deep with.

Awesome! May I edit a few sprites for Cody?
I didn't really understand the question. Maybe you can clarify the stuff?

Wow! Trololo's back!
I never left. It's just my tempo you better get used to: I'm usually too lazy to finish the stuff I make, and what DOES get finished get released. Hence my title of "The Laziest Thing Alive".

I'm really put off by his Punches using Kick Hit-Sounds.
Well, it's Balrog, pal. He is a Hands-only character, meaning that 2 sets will not work for him. So, I had to stick with 1. And I choose Leg Set because, IMHO, it imitates the sound of BOXING GLOVES very well. Like, try to listen to his hits with that logic in mind (but his LK which is legit SKIN CONTACT with his elbow so he has the Punch Sound).

His Run lacks dust like Cody.
OK, Fixed.

Sandbag Throw uses a Kick Hit-Sound instead of a Slam Sound.
Well, actually he uses BOTH of the sounds at the same time. Why? To add some "OOMPH!" to the throw. With a single sound, it doesn't even remotely feel like a strong and painful move.

His lifebar portrait is not the default palette (The pupil on his eye is missing, which the current palette doesn't have).
Well, that's the way of older palette usage I'm sticking with. Every time you save SFF with him, he will save its portrait with palette 1,1, which is Palette A, while Default seats on palette X, aka 1.4. So, you'll have to manually change and save the Default palette for FF3 every time to fix the thing. Maybe I better look up the way palettes are designated in JMM's chars nowadays...

His custom combo spark is slightly misaligned when standing.
This I justify with me using Jesuszilla's 'Rog as reference for a lot of stuff in this remake. He is known for his accuracy, so I don't have the reasons to doubt THIS position for Custom Combo spark.
#14  February 26, 2020, 10:52:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

It is fine to not be accurate sometimes. If you take CvS2 Akuma's Tenma Gou Zankuu, the super spark is very (and I mean VERY) missaligned too. When I made my Akuma I felt the need to change it. But is up to you, nothing that affects the gameplay anyway. ;)
#15  February 27, 2020, 06:28:33 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
It is fine to not be accurate sometimes. If you take CvS2 Akuma's Tenma Gou Zankuu, the super spark is very (and I mean VERY) missaligned too. When I made my Akuma I felt the need to change it. But is up to you, nothing that affects the gameplay anyway. ;)

Well, I know it's sometimes good to be not accurate. But I just want it like that, OK?
#16  February 27, 2020, 07:07:40 am
    • USA
I found a couple of more issues with Cody while testing this update:
-Dead End Irony doesn't work if the opponent was hit in the air (It will hit, but the move will fail).
-Last Dread Dust doesn't do the finishing move if the opponent was hit in the air assuming the attacked was blocked.
-The wind effects of Criminal Upper has shadows.
-I know you wanted to added the envshake on the supers SELECTIVELY, but won't it look better if the 7th hit of Final Destruction and the 13 to 17th hits MAX Final Destruction also had it as well since those parts had strong HP hit sounds? The jabbing parts look fine without it though.

Not sure if you uploaded the Balrog update already, but he still doesn't have the dust on the startup of his running animation.

Well, that's the way of older palette usage I'm sticking with. Every time you save SFF with him, he will save its portrait with palette 1,1, which is Palette A, while Default seats on palette X, aka 1.4. So, you'll have to manually change and save the Default palette for FF3 every time to fix the thing. Maybe I better look up the way palettes are designated in JMM's chars nowadays...
Can't you scroll to palette (1,4), click "apply the current palette on the specific sprites" on FFS (I used that version) on the palettes section, then save the SFF? Won't that fix it or you tried it already and it didn't work? Cody's palette is fine, not Balrog's though.
#17  February 27, 2020, 07:20:00 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I found a couple of more issues with Cody while testing this update:
-Dead End Irony doesn't work if the opponent was hit in the air (It will hit, but the move will fail).
-Last Dread Dust doesn't do the finishing move if the opponent was hit in the air assuming the attacked was blocked.
-The wind effects of Criminal Upper has shadows.
-I know you wanted to added the envshake on the supers SELECTIVELY, but won't it look better if the 7th hit of Final Destruction and the 13 to 17th hits MAX Final Destruction also had it as well since those parts had strong HP hit sounds? The jabbing parts look fine without it though.

Not sure if you uploaded the Balrog update already, but he still doesn't have the dust on the startup of his running animation.

Can't you scroll to palette (1,4), click "apply the current palette on the specific sprites" on FFS (I used that version) on the palettes section, then save the SFF? Won't that fix it or you tried it already and it didn't work? Cody's palette is fine, not Balrog's though.

-Intended. In SFA3 you can't really juggle with it either until enemy is cornered and in the right position.
-Intended, to balance out the fact this super is, basically, juggle-perfect. Plus, to make it closer to SF4 counterpart, which in some condition didn't finish the move either,
-I'll look into it. But I don't see any shadow. Maybe you could upload a screenshot?
Edit: NVM. It seems to be 1.0 only problem. I think I'm better test friggin' 1.0 chars on 1.0 more. xD
-Nah, the shaking just mixes up like that. Trust me: I TRIED to give the shake to ALL the hits. If I didn't leave it like that- that means it doesn't look as good as you think.
-...it seems I've forgot to save the changes or something like that. At any rate, fix is REALLY uploaded now.
-Dude, that wasn't the point. The point is that I'll have to do that, no matter what is it, every time I open the char to edit it. And trust me, I open them up a lot to fix some stuff. So, if course I can easily forget to do it.
Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:23:16 am by Trololo
#18  February 27, 2020, 08:25:18 am
    • USA
-Intended. In SFA3 you can't really juggle with it either until enemy is cornered and in the right position.
-Intended, to balance out the fact this super is, basically, juggle-perfect. Plus, to make it closer to SF4 counterpart, which in some condition didn't finish the move either,
-I'll look into it. But I don't see any shadow. Maybe you could upload a screenshot?
Edit: NVM. It seems to be 1.0 only problem. I think I'm better test friggin' 1.0 chars on 1.0 more. xD
-Nah, the shaking just mixes up like that. Trust me: I TRIED to give the shake to ALL the hits. If I didn't leave it like that- that means it doesn't look as good as you think.
-...it seems I've forgot to save the changes or something like that. At any rate, fix is REALLY uploaded now.
-Dude, that wasn't the point. The point is that I'll have to do that, no matter what is it, every time I open the char to edit it. And trust me, I open them up a lot to fix some stuff. So, if course I can easily forget to do it.
-Ah, I see for these two as I haven't played SFA3 for a long time. I thought it was supposed to automatically put the opponent to the ground when it connects and the moves will work as they should.
-Yeah, I use 1.0 and that's how I noticed it. However, I didn't mention it for Bad Stone and Bad Knife as they are physical objects. So it makes sense for them to have shadows.
-That's why I said specifically those parts with the heavy punch hit sounds. I knew the jabbing parts with the weak punch hit sounds would look off as it's too quick and doesn't have much oomph to it.
-I understand, but you don't have to save the entire character just to do that. That's why it keeps changing back to (1,1). Only save the SFF itself if you must make changes to it, otherwise save each file separately. This is mostly an issue for 1.1 as the palette of the lifebar portrait can't change on the lifebars due to a bug, so it will always show the (1,1) palette.
#19  February 27, 2020, 06:01:29 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Tested him out in both Mugen and Ikemen just to be sure but his medium punch still doesn't work while walking which seems strange as it works fine with the light and heavy punches
Clipped a gif here so you can see what I mean
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#20  February 27, 2020, 07:19:02 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Thank goodness this exists now, Thanks a lot Trololo, great characters, as always.