YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 212027 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#41  July 18, 2021, 03:51:14 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So the developers at Ludosity are being super cool about interacting with the fans on official Discords and Reddits and what have you, and answering what questions they can.  One of the things that's come out of that is an early tier list from the team playtesting the beta build.

And honestly?  The fact that the people they've got working on this Nickelodeon game are even thinking in terms of things like competitive tiers does a lot to suggest that they're taking it seriously to make this an actually competent fighter.
#42  July 18, 2021, 03:56:09 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Yo that's badass

Side note -- I was driving home from work the other day thinking about this game and said to myself, I hope Nigel is in top ten on the tier lists. I hope he's high tier, 9th place at the lowest

Fuckinnnggggggggggggggggg nailed that shit right on the money for the in dev build at least LOL
#43  July 18, 2021, 04:00:00 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
I hope they put in manray
this website is stupid
#44  July 18, 2021, 05:50:49 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I hope they don't fill half the roster with Spongebob characters.
#45  July 18, 2021, 06:02:05 am
    • USA

This sentence has so much Fire Emblem weight to it lol

But true tho. Honestly I think they're trying for a varied roster given some of their character choices so far. Obviously there'd be a select handful of Spongebob characters in this game due to its iconic status as Nick's most recognizable program, so I figured at least two (not at all disappointed with the three we have)

... I would like AT LEAST Squidward too, though. If only just one more Spongebob character, I feel Squidward must be there lmao
#46  July 18, 2021, 10:13:50 am
Or he could be a assist character like Waluigi.
#47  July 18, 2021, 03:52:13 pm
    • USA

One of the things the devs have said about the character selection process is that they're making a conscious effort not to pick characters just because they go with other characters.  Things like "Well, if we put Zim in we obviously have to put in Dib too."  So there's probably not going to be a ton of characters from any one series just because there's an expectation for them to be there.

Also, apparently at least one of the lead devs was campaigning super hard to get Alex Mack in the game but Nickelodeon said no.
Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 06:28:34 pm by Person Man
#48  July 18, 2021, 08:03:34 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
On the other hand, something that bugged me with Smash for a time if not a HUGE deal was its focus on protagonist heroes left a large lack of villains being pulled for playable characters.  Ganondorf showed right away on the second title, sure, but it's still a notable contrast in cast size to this day.  While the focus on the main protagonist characters is understandable, only having those makes for a weird fighting game.

Like, the Fire Emblem comparison is apt and all, but I also would kinda like this game to include Mr. Krabs and Plankton as grey pro/antagonist and straight-up villain characters respectively?  Likewise I'd hope for Azula or Fire Lord Ozai.  Korra's series has a different issue to Last Airbender's that it kills off its villains too fast due to how the show was essentially made up season by season, but Kuvira or Amon would be cool antagonist additions.

I'd say Zaheer because of that season's whole Man of Steel-based finale but the whole metal poisoning/staged execution bit is PROBABLY a bit too extreme for this fun kiddy party game.  Though then Amon was also leader of a bigoted cult so eh, Korra as a whole is about as extreme as Nick gets and appears to be just early Season 1 version of her anyways.

Some less extreme additions would be The Tallest from Invader Zim though.  That'd be cool.
#49  July 18, 2021, 10:02:18 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
First company that took their inspiration gameplay of Smash Bros for any Cartoon Network before made into Punch Time Explosion, and second goes to the company of Nickelodeon recently?

Now I must be dreaming we heard they developed an Smash Bros-styled game for Nick, I am surprised they acknowledge some Real Monsters content to make into the gameplay set. Unfortunately if it was so tedious if they didn't bring any knowingly voice actors before it will make a release and still hoping of XJ-9, Crimson Chin, Dib or Rocko would make in the game, as much I heard from their fans' rumor.
#50  July 21, 2021, 05:52:24 pm
  • hecc
I would like to point out that DBZ Kai was aired on Nicktoons before.

let that sink in.

Goku has an unironic chance of being in at some point.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#51  July 21, 2021, 06:01:54 pm
    • USA
I would like to point out that DBZ Kai was aired on Nicktoons before.

let that sink in.

Goku has an unironic chance of being in at some point.

No, no, he doesn't. Just because Dragon Ball Z Kai was aired on Nicktoons doesn't mean the show was owned by Nick. Besides, it also aired on Cartoon Network/Toonami/Adult Swim.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#52  July 21, 2021, 06:42:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Who knows...

If Dreamworks' Madagascar characters can appear on their 2D fighting games, then that doesn't actually seem so silly to think about... ::)

(Wait min... Dreamworks!? Does that, d-does that mean that... SHREK have a legit chance to be in!!!??? :o)
#53  July 22, 2021, 02:54:08 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
No, he doesn't.

But Po has.
#54  July 22, 2021, 03:53:03 am
    • USA
More annoyingly, doesn't Nick own that Baby Shark meme retooled as a whole series now?  I recall seeing Nick branded merch on it in stores in passing.

Not that any of these hypothetical third parties are likely to happen anyways, but if anywhere Goku would show I'd imagine it would be a CN/Toonami project.  DBZ Kai hasn't been a Nick thing in years, Super has been all under Toonami's branding and the whole English dubbing is centered around it airing on Adult Swim's age bracketing.  Not to mention the series has a longer and more impactful history with CN/Toonami, but history ironically doesn't matter as much when it comes to third parties.  Else we would have seen Cloud in PlayStation All-Stars, not Smash.

That all said and good, the irony of Goku showing in this unashamed Smash clone that is in of itself already a meme existing would be hilarious for the resulting memes alone.  Also modders down the line would just export the Nick All-Stars characters into Smash anyways, I'd assume.
#55  July 22, 2021, 05:58:12 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Watched the trailer and this game looks VERY VERY promising so I'll give it a shot when I get it for the Switch in the Fall. I probably might main Helga and Reptar.
As for potential reps, I'm pretty sure Avatar: The Last Airbender will have a rep or 2 as fighters due to the stage being shown. The fighters picked here I definitely love the variety between old and new. Seeing Helga take on Danny Phantom or Reptar fighting Ninja Turtles. I'll flip my shit if they throw Squidward or Angelica in her All Grown Up! version. I hope to see some Rocket Power reps in there and maybe Eliza Thornberry since her pops is here as well as Arnold. Hope they bring another trailer showcasing a few more fighters soon. Again, this game looks promising.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#56  July 23, 2021, 02:43:09 am
    • USA
Y’all are thinking too “Ultimate.”  It’s a much smaller project, so don’t count on seeing a ton of crazy, “this technically aired on Nickelodeon so it counts” characters or niche fan favorites.  It’ll probably have a Melee-sized roster at best, mostly protagonists of their most successful Nicktoons with one or two curveballs at most.
#57  July 23, 2021, 10:22:57 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
C'mon.
Let us dream about some wild picks for just a little bit, while we can. The other "ultimate" crossover became so restrictive as the time went on - about who is viable, who is most likely a support/cameo, and who is pretty much ""banned"" - that just speculating about who's gonna get in there at this point is really not as much fun anymore.

Yes, I know this will probably be some eventual and small project, but I still would like to have *some* liberty in *dreaming* about it, because for once in a very good while, the company behind it actually has a considerably big room for speculation.

My bullshit rant is done, moving on;
Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:37:24 pm by NDSilva
#58  July 23, 2021, 10:38:02 pm
    • USA
C'mon.
Let us dream about some wild picks for just a little bit, while we can. The other "ultimate" crossover became so restrictive as the time went on - about who is viable, who is most likely a support/cameo, and who is pretty much ""banned"" - that just speculating about who's gonna get in there at this point is really not as much fun anymore.

Yes, I know this will probably be some eventual and small project, but I still would like to have *some* liberty in *dreaming* about it, because for once in a very good while, the company behind it actually has a considerably big room for speculation.

My bullshit rant is done, moving on;

Fuck your dreams, die bitch

Jk uhhhh I really hope Rocket Power rep(s) show up. It'd be epic. They need some rep. That's MY dream at least.
#59  July 23, 2021, 10:38:42 pm
    • USA
Hey, I'm here for the memes as much as anyone else (Hugh Neutron gang rise up).  I just mean you shouldn't fuss over things like villain representation or what "third party" characters should be considered or which series will be the next Fire Emblem.  This may be a platform fighter, but it's way too early in its lifespan to be thinking of it in terms of late-stage Smash Bros problems.
#60  July 23, 2021, 11:13:26 pm
    • USA
Hey, I'm not expecting a large quantity of villain characters.  Hell, not really expecting any if they're just aiming for franchise faces and obscure oddballs, something most major villains don't fall under..  Just spitballing good additions.

Sometimes I wish I was more into Nick growing up, because even catching the Jimmy Neutron movie at release I never really got into it.  Beyond its 3D on cable t.v. improvements over ReBoot and Beast Wars, that was neat.  CN was just always more appealing in every regard.  So the Hugh Neutron meme going around confuses me.  The only thing I recall about the guy in the show is his love for banana seat bicycles one episode and gay jokes about him being in the closet.  Nick's Mr. Smithers essentially.  But meme culture is typically weird and bizarre so eh, whatever floats fans' boats.