YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021) (Read 588757 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 01/08/2021)
#321  August 03, 2021, 08:45:58 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
This is amazing, thank you for the surprise!
I have been re-saving incompatible SFFs in FF3 before, so I hope this new version works as intended.
I am noticing a new error, however.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Some portraits would fail to load, and this error would show when starting up VSelect.
#322  August 03, 2021, 11:39:41 am
    • Morocco
You can do that already:
  • open VSelect and select Options from the File menu
  • on the Advanced tab tick the "use local options file" box and click OK
That should allow you to select a different Mugen exe/motif for each copy of VSelect. Let me know if you have any problems or that's not what you meant.

that did the trick,thanks
#323  August 03, 2021, 03:01:52 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I have been re-saving incompatible SFFs in FF3 before, so I hope this new version works as intended.
Some portraits would fail to load, and this error would show when starting up VSelect.
Oh that's interesting, thanks for this, would you mind letting me know one or more of the characters whose portraits aren't loading so I can test them and figure out what's causing the error?  That Psylocke is actually a character I tested with and it works for me, is this maybe a character whose SFF you had previously resaved?  If so maybe you could let me have a copy?  Thanks!
#324  August 03, 2021, 03:09:12 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
it is just me or l can't included and excluded stages?
#325  August 03, 2021, 04:22:53 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Hmm, something seems to be broken when clicking on characters in the stage/order lists, thanks for mentioning it, I'll look into it.
#326  August 03, 2021, 06:05:37 pm
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
Oh that's interesting, thanks for this, would you mind letting me know one or more of the characters whose portraits aren't loading so I can test them and figure out what's causing the error?  That Psylocke is actually a character I tested with and it works for me, is this maybe a character whose SFF you had previously resaved?  If so maybe you could let me have a copy?  Thanks!

Absolutely. I'll PM you.
#327  August 04, 2021, 07:34:38 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
An update wonderful! Will check this out.
#328  August 04, 2021, 03:56:34 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
You can do that already:
  • open VSelect and select Options from the File menu
  • on the Advanced tab tick the "use local options file" box and click OK
That should allow you to select a different Mugen exe/motif for each copy of VSelect. Let me know if you have any problems or that's not what you meant.
i always loved using your tool specially when I am making screen pack and need to see the screen, but what if you could make vselect to do more like not just few select screen but also add new feathers like we can view title menu screen, versus, victory screen  and lifebars so we the mugen screen pack creators dont have to force us to close the software every time we have to adjust them, I know you made the program to just see and view select screen, but why stop there why not do the same for all of them not just select screen but victory screen, versus screen, title screen and option screen, so we can make good use of your software, You know how annoying its to have to forces close the mugen software just to second guessing the position but Im just suggesting this to you from a Mugen Creator to another

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#329  August 04, 2021, 08:01:47 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
also i know you said it isn't fully compatible with the ikemen features but i just wanted to note that this happens if you use the slot feature

this is what it should look like

My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021)
#330  August 06, 2021, 03:49:16 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I've released another update! Mainly to fix some bugs that crept into the last release: 
These should both now be fixed.  Thank you both for the feedback.  Also general drag&drop performance should be a bit better, so I highly recommend updating.
i always loved using your tool specially when I am making screen pack and need to see the screen, but what if you could make vselect to do more like not just few select screen but also add new feathers like we can view title menu screen, versus, victory screen  and lifebars so we the mugen screen pack creators dont have to force us to close the software every time we have to adjust them, I know you made the program to just see and view select screen, but why stop there why not do the same for all of them not just select screen but victory screen, versus screen, title screen and option screen, so we can make good use of your software, You know how annoying its to have to forces close the mugen software just to second guessing the position but Im just suggesting this to you from a Mugen Creator to another
Interesting idea, a kind of screenpack previewer?  It sounds like a separate tool altogether really, something aimed at creators as opposed to players.  I've thought about it before, at least some tool for visually adjusting the select screen to resize the cells, add rows/columns etc.  I don't know if I really have the free time to work on something like that these days, but never say never.

also i know you said it isn't fully compatible with the ikemen features but i just wanted to note that this happens if you use the slot feature

this is what it should look like

Ahh, thank you for this, yes I see what you mean, that's not really very usable if it's getting the characters in the wrong places.  It's a tricky one, as it's not a very "visual" feature, the ability to have multiple characters share the same slot.  I'd have to think about what kind of user interface would make sense for managing that.
#331  August 06, 2021, 11:47:26 am
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
The stages bug still happens to me unfortunately, nice update overall.
#332  August 07, 2021, 01:55:26 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
The stages bug still happens to me unfortunately, nice update overall.
Argh, sorry, you're right, I got sidetracked with the drag/drop problem and missed what you were actually talking about, the menu option has disappeared!  Thanks, I'll upload a fix shortly.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new version which I hope fixes this (let me know if not!)  Link is the same as usual.
#333  August 07, 2021, 04:00:29 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for all your efforts in this!
#334  August 07, 2021, 01:58:01 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
The stages bug is now fixed! Thank you for the hard work!
#335  October 08, 2021, 06:12:08 pm
    • Sweden
I keep getting a failed to read required data from mugen.cfg error
#336  October 10, 2021, 06:41:52 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#337  October 11, 2021, 06:52:35 am
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
Does this work in ikemen GO?
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
#338  October 11, 2021, 08:25:46 pm
  • Why,
It design just understand thinks at Mugen 1.0. You can begin with it, although ORDER/SPLOT list you still edit at own at Notepad... (or else just text programs...)
#339  October 20, 2021, 11:47:49 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I keep getting a failed to read required data from mugen.cfg error
I need more info to be able to help. What screenpack are you using? Does it have a mugen.cfg in the data folder? Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help get it working.

Yes, the latest version should work with Ikemen GO, although no Ikemen-specific features are supported (yet). So if you're using the feature that lets you store several characters in the same slot, your select screen won't display properly in VSelect. Something I'd like to fix if I can find time to work on it.
#340  October 20, 2021, 02:09:22 pm
  • Why,
Oh my oh my :) Order list also ??