YesNoOk

King of Fighters à la MK11 (Kim) (Read 12976 times)

Started by Scarborough, July 05, 2020, 12:54:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters à la MK11 (Hinako)
#21  August 07, 2020, 11:36:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like what you did about her moves!

Hinako is this kind of character I like design wise, but always felt her moveset is a bit boring.
But you gave her interesting moves and combos.

I can't wait to see more of her updates.
#22  August 12, 2020, 09:25:28 pm
A lot of people hate on MK11 but I enjoy it. I really like what you're doing here.
Is that so? I wasnt aware mk11 had such a rep, but im glad youre enjoying what ur seeing here :)

Hinako is this kind of character I like design wise, but always felt her moveset is a bit boring.
But you gave her interesting moves and combos.

I agree! I think SNK didnt really make her the proper sumo wrestler she's supposed to be and thats what I intend to do. I've given her one more EX move (her push. EX guarantees to slam into the corner) but other than that I think she's done for the most part.

I've decided to shift my attention to Mai now. Haven't done much with her yet but ive given her a new move which is similar to Kitana's edenian razors.

#23  August 13, 2020, 04:51:44 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Re: King of Fighters à la MK11 (Mai)
#24  August 13, 2020, 10:52:11 pm
My biggest gripe with Mai is that she doesn't feel like a ninja. Most of her moves feel sluggish and don't necessarily mesh well together. My plan with Mai is to make her feel agile and nimble like a proper ninja, while also making her moves list more cohesive. I've made her more of an airborne threat by making her dive a combo starter, and gave her an entirely new move that makes her flip across the screen to quickly reach her target. Here's a little preview.

#25  August 14, 2020, 12:42:51 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
You've definitely caught my attention with Whip and Mai. Hopefully we can Angel joining the fray too.

As much as I would love to see Elisabeth on this style, I'm afraid she has too little to work with to make it functional anyways.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#26  August 17, 2020, 06:57:43 pm
As much as I would love to see Elisabeth on this style, I'm afraid she has too little to work with to make it functional anyways.

I wouldn't rule out elizabeth just yet! alot of custom sprite work has been done to her so she might actually have stuff to work with.
----

Progress with Mai is going smoothly, I've given her a power-up special move in an attempt to give her more depth. It acts mostly as a damage buff to certain attacks and special moves, but it also changes the effects and properties of some moves.

Here are a couple of examples:

#27  August 17, 2020, 09:52:19 pm
Here's a video demo of what she can do so far. All that's left to code in are her wake ups, hop attack, and super move

#28  August 19, 2020, 12:24:23 am
trying not to make her identical to Kitana but i couldnt help but also give her an Air Fan. This gives her more combo opportunities especially with the fire buff.

#29  August 23, 2020, 10:49:50 pm
Learned alot doing this and im considering starting a full game project so I'll be making some changes to the system since I dont want it to be a replica of NRS Games. I've decided to remove short hopping and increase the number of desperation moves to two. DM also now act the same as they do in KOF. I might make some more changes to make it a bit closer to a KOF game. Here are the DMs ive made for Mai.

#30  August 28, 2020, 05:37:21 pm
Moving onto L̶i̶u̶ ̶K̶a̶n̶g̶  Kim Kaphwan!