YesNoOk

Mugen online play in forum? (Read 2762 times)

Started by BC, April 20, 2008, 07:48:44 pm
Share this topic:

BC

Mugen online play in forum?
#1  April 20, 2008, 07:48:44 pm
    • UK
i was looking at a few youtube vids, now i realise there is infinitycat and shugendo but i see that some people are saying you can play mugen online tournaments when you sign up to their forum,

1 is this possible?
2 will mugen EVER go online?  i realise there will be difficulty because not everyone will have all the same characters, but there could be a mugen online game thats made with characters already on there and you can only use them for an online batlle and not add any, but have like 100+ chars.

3 if both of the above answers are yea, then will this forum host a tournament? :D
Accepting commissions
Re: Mugen online play in forum?
#2  April 20, 2008, 08:09:43 pm
If we did I can't wait for 20 page blacklists.
#3  April 21, 2008, 05:45:47 am
  • Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?!
hahaha more then that. atleast 25 :P
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.  --General Dwight D. Eisenhower
#4  April 21, 2008, 10:58:07 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Considering that *if* Mugen actually went online (And I mean an actual online *setting* for Mugen, not some ghetto method), the blacklists that would arise would only be one factor that would potentially kill Online Mugen. If there are blacklists, people would be pissed that they can't use characters. If there aren't, people would be pissed that people are using cheap characters (And considering how many people have their own definitions for "cheap"...). It's kind of a lose/lose situation for some. If there was an online Mugen I'd limit it to only fighting certain people, because I trust most mugen players about as far as I can throw them with my telekinesis*.

*I don't have telekinesis.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

BC

#5  April 22, 2008, 08:39:29 pm
    • UK
well my actual thought would be that if the forum had mugen online, and hosted tournaments
the idea would be to have a set amount of characters already in the game, in other words you cant download the game and use your characters, the forum would say have 20+ characters and youd choose one of them or 2 if team mode.

and the owner could select non cheap over powered characters, and have good characters like ShinkGouki by pots.......DragonClaw by reu(r.i.p) you get what im saying? nothing like omega tom hanks ect.

they could have sf2 and sf3 characters, snk capcom, you get the idea?

i spoke to valodim about it he said itll be alot of work, which understandably it would be, but i think its every mugen fans dream to have an online tournament :D
Accepting commissions
#6  April 22, 2008, 09:25:11 pm
lol at Dragonclaw being a non cheap overpowered character.

BC

#7  April 22, 2008, 10:26:43 pm
    • UK
the AI makes him cheap....ok mayb he is a little overpowered   >:D
Accepting commissions
#8  April 23, 2008, 07:54:40 pm
Also, apparently Reu's new name is Reu(r.i.p.). I mean, I liked him and all, but I know he's dead, and thus don't need a constant reminder that he is dead.

Anyway, as I said, it's a bad idea to have blacklists in this context (Granted, if there was a true online Mugen, I'm sure most would agree with it. I mean, for a while people thought Unrequestable lists were great.) And having only 20-ish characters available in a tourney is just plain limiting. I know I won't try to get better with a character I don't use just to enter a tourney.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

BC

#9  April 23, 2008, 11:30:02 pm
    • UK
its a sign of respect you fool.

dont comment with sarcasm...it dont suit you
Accepting commissions
#10  April 23, 2008, 11:51:12 pm
Yeah, everyone has their own way of showing respect. But in this context, "Reu(r.i.p.)" is not needed. Do you say rest in peace after you say the names of your dead relatives all the time?

And, no, I wasn't being sarcastic, which is odd, since I usually am.

But enough of this.

Cenobite 53 said:
#11  April 24, 2008, 12:04:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ACtually yes, it is custom in several countries to add r.i.p. or the cultural equivalent after naming a deceased person.

BC

#12  April 24, 2008, 12:13:41 am
    • UK
yea enough, i didnt post this topic so i could talk to you about wether its relevant or not to put (r.i.p) before the name of a deceased person i put it because oh guess what.........I WANTED TO PUT IT THERE.........yea thats right :sugoi:
i respect him my choice to put it there, i really couldnt give a monkeys ass if you think its pointless to put it there or not its my choice so live with it. im finished now

oh and dont mention my family again.

anyway im just about done with this topic now your starting to leave a bad smell on the page :toilet:
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:17:26 am by blackchaos07
#13  April 24, 2008, 01:04:29 am
ACtually yes, it is custom in several countries to add r.i.p. or the cultural equivalent after naming a deceased person.

All the time? Doing it isn't what bugs me, simply doing it too often. I'd like to see a casual conversation not have a somewhat unrelated mini memorial on the side.

Also, sorry for mentioning your family. I won't attempt to murder any of them again. I can't imagine too many reasons for what I said to piss you off so much that for you to say stuff like that. And thanks for dodging my off topic question.

Cenobite 53 said:
#14  April 24, 2008, 04:21:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
WEll, I live in Mexico and it's done more often than not, actually if you don't add it it can be considered rude.
Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:07:56 pm by Satou Sei
#15  April 24, 2008, 04:32:34 pm
Eh, fine.

Cenobite 53 said:
#16  April 24, 2008, 10:18:12 pm
I can't imagine people imagine mugen with online play(and that way you described it)

first off characters aren't even accurate towards each other
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#17  April 24, 2008, 11:29:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
When talking about online I see a lot of talk about balance, i wonder why should it matter if it  does not matter for regular mugen anyway. If it is balanced it is not mugen.

BC

#18  April 25, 2008, 11:34:48 am
    • UK
couldnt agree with you more satou sei :thumbsup:
Accepting commissions

BC

#19  April 25, 2008, 11:37:06 am
    • UK
ripper....man you still here?? i dont think we all care about your opinion now
Accepting commissions
#20  April 25, 2008, 04:05:03 pm
ripper....man you still here?? i dont think we all care about your opinion now

This is internet. I'm prepared for that situation, as well as cheap shots. At the very least you have a better grasp of insulting people than most others.

Anyway, of course some balance has to be put in place, if both parties agree to it. If two guys want to fight against each other with cheap characters, so be it (although that may be balance in itself). But if random joe wishes to use CvS characters fights random smoe who's in love with Sephiroth (the cheap one. And, no, I'm not cheap shotting Favic), then you have a problem. That's why if there was ever an online Mugen, as I said, I'd fight people I know. The last thing I need are people using cheapies against me just to win, or even people who think *I'm* being cheap and starts bitching and moaning. I myself like Shiroto's Akaitsuki, although that's a case of an AI making a character cheap, not quite the character itself.

Cenobite 53 said: