YesNoOk

Best and Worst Choices for Rosters (Read 237441 times)

Started by EveryonesKouhai, March 11, 2016, 05:47:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Best and Worst Choices for Rosters
#41  March 12, 2016, 05:33:43 pm
I forgot to add White from RB2, Kyosuke in CvS2, and Yuuki Akira in DBFC. Also several characters in SvC, one of the things they got right in that game.
#42  March 12, 2016, 06:53:56 pm
  • hecc
Morrigan....I am probably the only one who is fucking tired of seeing Morrigan in goddamn every capcom crossover...at least they give us Dimitiri once in a while.

DBFC's roster could use more SEGA characters, wasnt the thing advertised as a SEGA and Dengeki crossover?(correct me if I'm wrong). I am liking the new roster choices for Ignition though and what we already have in DBFC is good too.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  March 12, 2016, 07:07:44 pm
DBFC's roster could use more SEGA characters, wasnt the thing advertised as a SEGA and Dengeki crossover?(correct me if I'm wrong).
you're wrong
#44  March 12, 2016, 08:27:56 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
DOA - Kasumi Alpha-152(pretty much encompasses everything wrong with DOA4, pretty much THE character to spam on DOA5 online)

SF - Decapre(it's not even the moveset, it's pretty much using the one doll that looks almost exactly like Cammy. They really couldn't choose another doll?)

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#45  March 12, 2016, 08:34:03 pm
    • Mexico
MvC2:
The Marvel newcomers: If there's one big problem I have with MvC2 (and makes me prefer 3), is the fact that it's contaminated with X-Men characters, which is bad because Marvel can have as much variety as Capcom. Non of the new characters helped to compensate it. Marrow is most forgettable character in the whole series, Bone-Claw Wolverine is just a clone, and a cheap addition overall. Cable at least is recognizable, but he still didn't help any way.

MvC3:
Hsien-Ko: A bad addition considering that fans kept begging for a male Darkstalkers character, and out of the 3, she's the worst gameplay-wise.
Phoenix Wright: He's pretty much a base breaker (AKA a character you either love or you either hate). This is because he was a heavily requested character (proof here), yet he was heavily disliked by many for being a "dumb" addition. Whether this is a problem of the character or the community, I can't say much.
Firebrand: He isn't really bad, but had Capcom based him off on Demon's Crest, he would be far more interesting.

SSB4:
Corrin: The game didn't need another Fire Emblem character at all. I'm not sure about others, but I don't consider characters nobody ask for as a form of fanservice, mainly when there's no one saying they wanted something unexpected. The worst part of all is that Sakurai admitted there were too many Fire Emblem characters, pretty much meaning that people were right about that. Plus, I can't say the arguments in his defense are the best ones.
#46  March 12, 2016, 08:40:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
not putting ryo in a capcom snk crossover would've been insanely fucking stupid

he's got a point in the sense that they pu the worse incarnation of ryo for a crossover, instead of using his more unique movelist, they put his most generic one in a game that already has a few characters with similar movesets. tho cvs1 was pretty bad like that.
#47  March 12, 2016, 09:15:49 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I honestly had NO clue Boneclaw Wolverine was a ACTUAL "character" in MvC2. I thought he was just a Mugen sprite edit... At the very least, is he ANY different from normal Wolverine in any way?
#48  March 12, 2016, 09:18:04 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He's faster, takes more damage, and if I remember correctly has a pixel's worth of more range on his attacks.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#49  March 12, 2016, 09:35:32 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Might as well contribute with mine:

Mortal Kombat:
Hsu Hao and Shujinko (I like his appearance very much because of the Pai-Mei look but his moveset is pretty uninspired, in general I'm not a fan of characters with a moveset that's copied from one or various characters).

Street Fighter:
-El Fuerte: His playstyle just does not fit SF imo, now sure it is good to have unique characters in fighting games that introduce something new, but there's a balance between bringing something new and how its execution. His gameplay gets annoying pretty fast and outside of that he doesn't offer much in terms of character design in the SF universe.
-Ingrid: Let me say that I don't particularly hate her, but her appearance in Street Fighter is entirely due to the fact that she was just recycled from a cancelled game, then she was put in a mediocre crossover, but she was still a character of her own, no problem. Then out of nowhere they decide to make her a character for Street Fighter... although at least it was only for a handheld port, it still kinda bothers me they did this.

I honestly had NO clue Boneclaw Wolverine was a ACTUAL "character" in MvC2. I thought he was just a Mugen sprite edit... At the very least, is he ANY different from normal Wolverine in any way?

There are very few differences, I haven't played MvC2 for quite a while but IIRC most of them were just different properties to some of his moves, one of them had lesser health, and I think one had a vertical divekick, but I'm not sure about that.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:50:47 pm by DelusionTrim
#50  March 12, 2016, 10:27:02 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I think Adamantium Wolverine was the one with the divekick...
#51  March 12, 2016, 10:28:58 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Boneclaw wolverine had less health, he also had a smaller movelist with some moves (like berserker CHarge) Removed, But he had longer reach.
#52  March 12, 2016, 10:36:17 pm
  • For honor!
Toshinden 3
------------------------
Best: The clones.
Worst: Most of the original characters because the clones kinda outshine them in terms of character design.

Samurai Shodown 64 series
-------------------------
Best: Asura, Shiki, Gandara.
Worst: Hanma.

Mortal Kombat Deception
--------------------------------
Best: Havik. With a better design (Like the pre-lips ripping look in the mkx comic) he'd easily be up there with Kenshi and Bo Rai Cho as the most fondly remembered of the 128 bit characters.
Worst: Kobra. This guy makes Hsu Hao and Drahmin look incredible by comparison.

Pokke'n
-----------
Best: 2 Mewtwos, Gengar, Suicune, and Weavile.
Worst: Braixen. Mommy make the fire type starter Poke'mon stop.

Iroha stripped for me
#53  March 12, 2016, 10:55:11 pm
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#54  March 13, 2016, 12:09:16 am
SSB4:
Corrin: The game didn't need another Fire Emblem character at all.
in that case you should complain about roy (marth clone) or lucina (marth clone) instead of corrin who is almost nothing like any of the other characters in the game.

I'm not sure about others, but I don't consider characters nobody ask for as a form of fanservice, mainly when there's no one saying they wanted something unexpected.
more people wanted corrin than cloud
http://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1
cloud and bayonetta were also completely unexpected and people went nuts over them so i dunno what youre talking about. dont speak for so many people

lui

#55  March 13, 2016, 12:23:19 am
    • USA
DBFC's roster could use more SEGA characters, wasnt the thing advertised as a SEGA and Dengeki crossover?(correct me if I'm wrong). I am liking the new roster choices for Ignition though and what we already have in DBFC is good too.

nope, it was an ad for dengeki novels, french bread just had a collaboration with SEGA so SEGA allowed for Akira and Selvaria to be put in as guests, which helped the game gain more attention, with stages being based off of SEGA properties. so it's like a celebration of dengeki stuff, with sega sponsoring it.
#56  March 13, 2016, 12:46:15 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Marvel Vs Capcom 2:
As much as I love the game to my heart's content but I feel that there are too many SF characters in there also Rikuo, J. Talbain or Demitri would've been a better 4th rep for Darkstalkers in the game than Anakaris. Also, In terms of X-Men characters, we could've have some non-X-men reps like Dr. Octopus, Mr. Fantastic and The Punisher for Marvel but it was easy to transfer the assets because the Marvel chars in the game already were in CPS2 style.

Super Smash Bros 4:
Though I downloaded him/her but Corrin was nothing more than a marketing strategy and adding flames to the fact that Fire Emblem got some overepresentation especially throughout 2015 because of how I feel it went:

1. We got Roy as DLC
2. Lucina's a Marth clone
3. Chrom & Lucina are in Project X Zone 2
4. Fire Emblem Fates announced/released in Japan
5. Corrin from Fates is put in Smash as DLC.

We already had enough reps.

Also, Bayonetta being the ONLY winner of the Ballot instead of having 2nd and 3rd most selected choice? Total BS. I got nothing against her at all but the choice made to make her the only winner as being the #1 reasonable choice in Europe!? OK, what about the #1 reasonable choice in the US and Japan? And those who picked Spongebob and Goku or Shrek in the ballot... you made a very stupid ridiculous choice.

Pokken:
Why 2 Pikachus!? That overrated rodent is already included and yet they add the Libre one over Hawlucha! As for Braixen... there was better choices... she's better off as an assist rather than a fighter.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!

lui

#57  March 13, 2016, 12:50:10 am
    • USA
for MVC2 they probably didn't put Gallon in there since Ruby Heart already had a similar moveset to his, if they changed up his moveset it wouldn't feel like Gallon anymore. Demitri probably wasn't put since Marvel is kinda iffy about representation of its characters, even back then they were, so I don't think they would have put all of their time and resources into creating a midnight bliss for the Marvel side as well.

corrin is the most diverse fire emblem rep in there, i don't understand why people hate him simply because he's from fire emblem, that's a dumb way to argue why he's bad, if anything he's a breath of fresh air when it comes to the FE reps.

I'm not surprised at his inclusion in Smash 4, yes he's marketing, and so was Marth and Roy in Melee, the entire game itself is an ad for Nintendo products, this is how game companies work, if they want to promote something they do it in a product that is extremely popular, which isn't always a bad thing.
#58  March 13, 2016, 12:54:04 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico

MvC3:
Phoenix Wright: He's pretty much a base breaker (AKA a character you either love or you either hate). This is because he was a heavily requested character (proof here), yet he was heavily disliked by many for being a "dumb" addition. Whether this is a problem of the character or the community, I can't say much.

i kinda agree with you, i like mvsc2 but seeing now again its kinda like an x-men vs street fighter 2, i also like 3 better, firebrand its more useful in my opinion than hsien-ko, but yeah he could have been better, phoenix wright its good, i know that he its kinda tricky to use, but at least has more tools than hsien-ko if you know how to use him, in my opinion mvsc3 would have been better if they actually would keep the chars from the first game(jin,gambit,captain commando,venom,megaman), i dont know but i feel these were classics in the series, also if you see the roster of umvsc3, the capcom side needed more villans and the marvel side needed more females, i think they should have balanced these aspects more, but oh well.

Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:53:30 am by btony89

lui

#59  March 13, 2016, 12:57:49 am
    • USA
the mvc3 series pretty much abandoned most x-men characters aside from Wolvie since marvel is trying to out-do fox by disregarding x-men to get back their rights, but luckily capcom at the time specifically begged marvel to include storm and sentinel for the players, i'm surprised at x-23's and jean's inclusions though.
#60  March 13, 2016, 12:59:55 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
We could've had a Xenoblade Chronicles X rep then if they want to promote something to appeal to Smash fans.

Also, they can remove Midnight Bliss' animations for Demitri and use their standard hit sprites. Like B. B. Hood's Cool Hunting, which made the targets in VS3 use their Burn sprites, and it was removed in MvC2, using standard hit sprites instead.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!