YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2500997 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9321  July 22, 2020, 06:35:58 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9322  July 23, 2020, 10:33:33 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
I hate to break it to you my friend but it was a disappointment.

Master Chief’s latest campaign outing looks promising (and that’s coming from someone who hasn’t played any campaign from the series)

Dragon Quest is the latest 3rd party franchise to join the Xbox family, and its only fitting that the put out the best of the series first.

Rare’s latest ip is shaping to become one of the most gorgeous looking games of the next generation. Hopefully this does well so they can make a new Banjo Kazooie.

This is one of the most innovative horror titles that hasn’t come out yet. It’s Dual Reality mechanic could be a game changer if it’s done right.

Well I guess third times a charm

And once again my patience for this game is running out.

Square Enix and the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog presents a new 3D platformer that could be a great achievement in terms of storytelling for the genre. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland but if it was made by Pixar.

Obsidians first attempt at an Elder Scrolls like game could finally be the alternative we’ve been hoping for.

The SteamWorld developers have a new trick up their sleeve. Another reason to be thankful for a Game Pass subscription.

Well now I know, and knowing about a franchises existence is half the battle.

Isn’t one game enough (appreantly not)

Tetris. That’s all I’m writing about for this.

And finally the biggest elephant in the room, and when I mean elephant I mean years of rumors finally laid to rest.
#9323  July 24, 2020, 12:10:20 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Infinite appears to be a bigger Halo 3: ODST (Please have similar great music to accompany the nighttime segments) with Halo 5 gameplay and yoinking Metroid Prime 3's grapple beam.  Hm.  Well, the Halo 5-ish part likely won't sit well (Why bother teasing people complaining about sprinting breaking balance in 5 and its removal in tweets over the years just to have it anyways?  Who in the world enjoys sprinting in a FPS anyways?  We got this down right the freaking first time in Wolfenstein 3D) and I'm not a fan how the new pistol is legit just a CoD sidearm instead of the gun Halo CE's known for, which this game is apparently trying its damnest to replicate.  Seriously, you guys made the CE magnum IN Halo 5 for custom games to repeal the game's default mechanics to better simulate CE's gameplay only while holding it, and it's not the default here?  I get the usage of a less "One True Gun Above All" pistol to also have the in game, but come on, marketing team.

It looks pretty, but I know in the back of my head I'll be asking consistently "Why isn't this Halo 1-3?", and I doubt I'll be getting over it, but I'm practically obligated at this point to play it.  I am genuinely surprised however at this reveal not having any sign of couch co-op, after years of people yelling 'till their voices turned hoarse about its removal in Halo 5 and 343's eventual about-face at how it'll be mandatory in all future titles.  Which is still just Halo Wars 2 after 5 years so this was KINDA the opportunity to show good on that promise to the community.  I'd imagine that they will still have it, but still.  Maybe the local co-op thing would paint a bad picture with this whole Covid thing going in the world, I dunno.

That was my thrice reduced response to the Halo trailer, so I'll just say cool to the rest, but way too many interactive dramas over games, and gameplay-less trailers over that, Everwild feels like a repeat of Kameo so.....why not just make Kameo 2?  And I'm liking what I'm seeing of The Medium so far.

I thought Peter Molyneux kept the rights to Fable once he decided it was a lost cause and let the series die off?  Been a decade or so since the last real main title, forget the details, but I guess Xbox worked something out.  I hope it's a new story altogether, not just remaking the first one.
Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:18:45 am by Long John Killer
#9324  July 26, 2020, 09:48:42 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9325  July 27, 2020, 09:14:05 pm
@Beta

I have not played Halo since Bungie stopped developing it. Not sure if something has been missed. I preferred the darker style of the original series.

Oh well, given that they are up to "infinity" now, it must have still been a success.
#9326  July 27, 2020, 09:19:33 pm
For speed-running related news I highly recommend the following channel.

#9327  July 28, 2020, 10:42:29 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
We will return to our regularly scheduled  programing after these messages:

#9328  July 31, 2020, 05:57:09 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
That new Battletoads got a release date:

#9329  July 31, 2020, 07:35:33 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Once I download it via game pass, I’m pretty sure to get my hands sweaty real fast cause it will tough as nails.
#9330  July 31, 2020, 08:21:31 pm
Suikoden Creators Announce RPG Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is a brand new, high quality JRPG from Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I&II) and Junko Kawano (Suikoden I&IV), in their first collaboration in 25 years.
Hell yeah !
Very quick teaser but it looks great in old school Suikoden 1&2 style slightly modernized (2D sprites, 3D backgrounds).
They launched a kickstarter two days ago and it's already funded. The page has a lot more info on the characters introductions and a few more demo videos/animations.
Estimated for October '22 according to the kickstarter.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:31:30 pm by Byakko
#9331  August 07, 2020, 12:05:40 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
State of Play was not bad but not good either. So let’s roll out the highlight real.

With The Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, and Crash Bash removed from cannon this could be the fresh start we’ve been waiting for our favorite marsupial.

Alan Wake is back (Sort of) in the second wave of dlc for Contorl.

The second closet game to Zelda for ps4 (with Ghost of Tsushima being the first)

The game that could be the perfect rival to the modern Pokémon games releases on Ps5 next year.

The best looking game of the event.

It looks like we finally have a release date for this much anticipated sequel.

Another ride in the wayback machine as Braid finally gets a “remaster” early next year.

And finally two Ps5 games with plenty of potential.

Despite no appearances from Capcom, Sega, Atlus, Ea, and Square Enix there’s a lot to look forward to even though like I said the stream was okay.
Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:11:47 am by Beta158
#9332  August 07, 2020, 08:44:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#9333  August 07, 2020, 09:56:33 pm
    • Brazil
#9334  August 08, 2020, 10:26:54 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#9335  August 08, 2020, 01:15:57 pm
    • Brazil
#9336  August 11, 2020, 09:24:48 pm
    • Brazil
#9337  August 11, 2020, 10:29:21 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well, there's that promise broken.  Fantastic.

I'm bitter but I'm understanding, legit health concerns and well beings come before a video game.  Even one that's supposedly carrying an entire new next generation on its back.  Bleh.  So what IS actually launching alongside the Series X?  Or is that pushed back as well?
#9338  August 13, 2020, 06:51:53 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Remaster now features Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

#9339  August 22, 2020, 06:00:48 am
    • Germany
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 get's a big Free update.

#9340  August 23, 2020, 10:03:12 am
Rocksteady has a new Suicide squad game!!! "Kill the justice league"

Spoiler: trailer spoiler, don't open before watching! (click to see content)
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞