Share this topic:
Re: Re: Auction alert
#41  February 03, 2020, 01:45:25 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I had no idea what he is and I still couldn’t care less, the guy’s an idiot and an asshole who’s running a con with other people’s content (especially the people who did CS work for him for free) and that’s all that needs to be said about him.

Now you know how hypocrite he is, also for this too.

The lack of credit is also a notable problem with 2dee.

And he gets mad about mine and Rowen's edits of his old edits. "boohoo don't put my name on the credits boohoo".
What a fucking hypocrite!
ShinRei is just going in the same fucking of victimism of Chuchoryu and also Blade Art/Dizzy from Mugen Crapchive and he get his fans/asslickers next to him.
#42  February 03, 2020, 02:09:07 am
    • USA
Surely everyone is upset at this situation, but all I could say is that everyone doesn’t have to be friends at the end of the day, and everyone is entitled to feel upset because we are all human, but can we at least just get this behind us act like nothing happened? If you support him, cool, if you don’t, cool, It just sucks to still see this go on.
#43  February 03, 2020, 02:13:59 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Not until he’s permabanned because clearly all he’s here to do is steal other people’s hard work just so he can repackage and sell it.
#44  February 03, 2020, 02:14:44 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So, why are you trying to defer attention from exposing how much of a display of despicable behavior he has shown?
#45  February 03, 2020, 02:27:53 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Surely everyone is upset at this situation, but all I could say is that everyone doesn’t have to be friends at the end of the day, and everyone is entitled to feel upset because we are all human, but can we at least just get this behind us act like nothing happened? If you support him, cool, if you don’t, cool, It just sucks to still see this go on.
This is not a good way to go about things. To act like nothing even happened is pure lunacy.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#46  February 03, 2020, 02:35:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
but can we at least just get this behind us act like nothing happened?

Oh and allow him to continue doing shit like that? Great suggestion...
I know that he'll never learn the lesson but what he doing now is beyond disgusting.
#47  February 03, 2020, 02:58:13 am
    • USA
Overall to me, this is petty drama. Like I said, you all have the right to upset and imo, this isn’t a scam, 2dee has shown us genuine content recently for over a year, have you guys seen that video of Joe vs Adon? That’s sick man, you guys know Joe didn’t have any of that in CVS2, he went through every iteration of games from beginning to recent to please us because we all love it so much. The money that we have the option to donate to is for the project itself in order to do something right for the community, he’s only one person that does request too, we even requested characters into the roster, I will admit, I am one of those people, I requested Rimururu in the roster because I love her, but I wanted to show that she deserves to be in the roster, so I went out my way to CS her sprites so she could blend in with the rest of the roster, he’s really doing this for us all, but he’s one man, and you should see some people in the comments requesting and requesting, but not contributing, he’s taking time out of his life to put out work, just like us, he’s making a full game knowing that it won’t be free to produce but free to share, but continuously talking about this is going to make things change, you guys leave that in the past, live the present, and be prepared for the future. Is anything positive happen here at least, what’s going on today, how are you guys feeling mentally? Emotionally? Physically? You guys don’t have to agree with me, I respect everyone in this guild, but can we at think about it for sec?
#48  February 03, 2020, 03:00:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Spotted the shill account.

I’d feel guilty if he put in actual work (in fact, I’d have probably never made my post if he did), but I just proved that he doesn’t, so I won’t.

I got rid of MUGEN’s input lag for button presses and you don’t see me coming in here acting like I’m the best thing to happen to the community since undocumented features were discovered, so ShinRei has done absolutely nothing special.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:05:15 am by Jesuszilla
#49  February 03, 2020, 03:15:04 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
All his "work" boils down to downloading other people's work and stitching it all together. And he doesn't have the decency to do it without badmouthing MFG on return, which is the community he gets plenty of his assets from anyway.

Besides, I've constantly given a hand in helping people here and there with their Mugen content, and you don't see me asking for money or sympathy points over it. The fact he can't handle being called out on his own bullshit and being unable to face his own problems without pointing fingers at everyone else shows how fragile and thin skinned he is.

And even if you like the compilation he's making, no matter how you try to twist it, he was disrespectful to the wish of a Mugen creator not wanting to have their content involved with his game, he tried to defame someone by being poor at addressing critique, and, like it or not, people are giving him money for his game. His game is composed entirely out of other people's work. He is profiting off of other people's work. People who worked way harder than he has, and he didn't even have the decency to get their permission to include their content in his game he showcases so proudly. For a wannabe creator, he's really good at disrespecting actual creators.

Shit
#50  February 03, 2020, 04:07:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
All I’m asking is, if there’s more to this game, why is it hidden behind a Discord? If he’s got something to show off, why isn’t it public? Why is the link not on YouTube or Twitter or even his Guild profile? And why is it that the version I got recently, from someone who was in his Discord, only has 4 characters, when supposedly he’s been “working” on all this supposed content?

Furthermore, he’s made $1800 to “fix a hard drive,“ when it shouldn’t cost even 1/4 of that both to get the nonfunctional drive working long enough to retrieve the data AND buy a replacement, off of mostly other people’s free work. Something here doesn’t add up.
#51  February 03, 2020, 04:11:40 am
    • USA
Overall to me, this is petty drama. Like I said, you all have the right to upset and imo, this isn’t a scam, 2dee has shown us genuine content recently for over a year, have you guys seen that video of Joe vs Adon? That’s sick man, you guys know Joe didn’t have any of that in CVS2, he went through every iteration of games from beginning to recent to please us because we all love it so much. The money that we have the option to donate to is for the project itself in order to do something right for the community, he’s only one person that does request too, we even requested characters into the roster, I will admit, I am one of those people, I requested Rimururu in the roster because I love her, but I wanted to show that she deserves to be in the roster, so I went out my way to CS her sprites so she could blend in with the rest of the roster, he’s really doing this for us all, but he’s one man, and you should see some people in the comments requesting and requesting, but not contributing, he’s taking time out of his life to put out work, just like us, he’s making a full game knowing that it won’t be free to produce but free to share, but continuously talking about this is going to make things change, you guys leave that in the past, live the present, and be prepared for the future. Is anything positive happen here at least, what’s going on today, how are you guys feeling mentally? Emotionally? Physically? You guys don’t have to agree with me, I respect everyone in this guild, but can we at think about it for sec?

Hello, I was informed yesterday of what was happening with my color separated Vanessa sprite sheet and how this person has been profiting off my work (Among tons of others') and had a discussion with him in the comments of the (Of course unlisted) video he released. I don't really do mugen stuff anymore (Including being active here, in fact I'm waiting for this site to finally become GDPR compliant to ask for my account's removal) for several reasons but one of the main reasons is because of this kind of stuff where someone can just grab my completely free content and put it behind a paywall with people like you defending their actions.

So the bottom line is this:

* I didn't make a single cent from that color separaction project (And several others) and it was released to the public specifically so people could use it for their FREE mugen projects, not behind a patreon paywall that grants access to an exclusive hidden discord where the download link is officially located and with up to date versions being locked behind "Donation" tiers.

* He made over 2000 dollars by using my stuff and then proceeds to lowkey threaten me with a defamation video (Which I asked him to clarify to make him understand the gravity of what he was telling me so he could backpedal. Luckily he got the message) and on top of that never credited me nor compensated me for my work at all. At least he's PROBABLY going to add me in the credits now but the credits are in a super hidden file to the point lots of people legit believe he made EVERYTHING in this compilation (Which I refuse to call a fullgame at all really).

So do you know what's the end result when people like me end up in situations like this one? I stop doing stuff for the community, I stop posting about my coding findings, I stop making guides, I stop my fullgame project forever and never release the latest build, I stop releasing color separated SNK sheets to the public and in return ALL of you get less content from one less person. And I can assure you that as long as people like you support people like him (Even if it's just apathy towards the situation) the mugen community will end up with less and less people making stuff for free for everyone and instead move to commissions exclusively.

For example, I have three more SNK sheets I never finished (Including the infamous Kula one with *over 256 colors*, only one I sent to a good coder for an eventual release) and I have absolutely no desire to release them at all for free anymore because no one would ever put a single cent towards me finishing those yet you have people putting over a thousand just for this guy to grab stuff and make a bland and horrible compilation. Tell me a single reason why I should keep helping the community for a decade when stuff like this is not only ignored but seemingly encouraged at this point.

People keep getting lost in technicalities like "Donations" and "It's free" when the project doesn't even have a download link in a public spot like his twitter or youtube profile and is instead hidden in a discord where you can get kicked out and banned from at any point, even if you're donating to his patreon (Which has TIERS that let you test different releases and whatnot). I encourage people to just leave mugen and use their creativity in other engines, or even better, just make your own with a framework. Stop giving people like this dude free material to make money from, it's clear that the community appreciates him far more than anyone who actually makes content if "Speak with your wallet" has anything to say about that (And the fact that he has yet to be banned when this site used to ban people over far dumber shit).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:20:37 am by -Red-
#52  February 03, 2020, 05:08:26 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Welcome to the new era, Red. Currently MFG is known for being "elitist" and its members being a "bunch of arrogants". Of course, this coming from youtubers who make shitty compilations and not only get recognition for being the "legitimate creators" but also use adfly-type links to increase their income, and of course, about 10 advertisements per video in addition.
But everything is fine when they put the real authors names in the description, after all the profit they have with the work of others is justified because maybe they exchanged some portraits. We are the wrong ones.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#53  February 03, 2020, 05:09:23 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
So ShinRei hit me up on Twitter trying to pull a Howard Stern to get me to come on his clown YT show or something and I was telling him that if he wants to defend himself, he can come here and do it.

https://twitter.com/2dee4ever/status/1224174417883713537?s=21

But in an ironic turn of events of trying to prove there’s content, he didn’t even cover his tracks correctly. In fact, he’s saying he didn’t do it by... doing exactly what he didn’t do? I don’t follow the logic here.

https://twitter.com/jesuszilla_tm/status/1224180597641314304?s=21

Basically, to get access to the game, you have to be in his Discord. How do you join his Discord? You have to.... be a Patreon supporter and give him money before he makes it available to you. How do I know this? Because it’s in the video description.

https://twitter.com/jesuszilla_tm/status/1224180932355264512?s=21
#54  February 03, 2020, 05:33:51 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
First off, Sub Rednavi, been a fkn while man, we used to chop it up over on club syn forums a trillion years ago.
Good to see you still alive n kicking.

Secondly,i'm not jumping in on this sexy mugen money train since i don't really know wtf going on but I'll just say one thing.

However you're doing it, or trying to do it, whether it's selling mugen or "donations" or secret discords etc, that shit doesn't usually end well.
I would really think it would suck if more and more people started doing the same thing.
I mean, when I first got into mugen like almost 20 years ago when i still didn't have hair on ma nutz, it was kind of common understanding that it was a major dick move to try profiteer off mugen in anyway or shit would go west for you very quickly.
#55  February 03, 2020, 05:39:24 am
  • Niigasan
This is the same shit from 2 years ago. Yall all know he uses other work to create/update his own work, why is this being brought up again, the hitbox shit is old,  all that shit is old n him making money off his mugen game seems to be an assumption at this point.
#56  February 03, 2020, 05:55:58 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i gotta assume anyone defending this at this point only cares about being able to play his game regardless of whats going on. we have people handwaving the credit issue and people who clearly are invested in the game itself (like scramble)

i gave it the benefit of the doubt, but after i saw that his discord is behind a paywall, and the download link for the game is in that discord, its pretty clear now that he is monetizing other peoples work.

this could be solved simply by him making the build in his discord publicly available (none of this "everyone already has it" thing, it needs to be clearly available) and he needs to include a readme file listing every person he took work from- not just hide the credit away in character def files. if he has the good sense and civility to do this (not challenge people to discord debates over something that should be this simple) then he gets the credibility he wants.
#57  February 03, 2020, 06:01:07 am
  • Niigasan
I dont care for his game at all I'm js, he dont even be here, but people sho go out they way to fuck wit em.
#58  February 03, 2020, 06:07:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
i gotta assume anyone defending this at this point only cares about being able to play his game regardless of whats going on. we have people handwaving the credit issue and people who clearly are invested in the game itself (like scramble)

i gave it the benefit of the doubt, but after i saw that his discord is behind a paywall, and the download link for the game is in that discord, its pretty clear now that he is monetizing other peoples work.

this could be solved simply by him making the build in his discord publicly available (none of this "everyone already has it" thing, it needs to be clearly available) and he needs to include a readme file listing every person he took work from- not just hide the credit away in character def files. if he has the good sense and civility to do this (not challenge people to discord debates over something that should be this simple) then he gets the credibility he wants.

One last post here before I leave for good: this is literally all I ask. Provide a download link for the public, give credit where it’s due, and this won’t happen. The problem is he tried side-stepping and making up excuses every time I asked him for a download link and he was blowing up my Twitter notifications so much with his incoherent babble that I just muted him so I can go to bed.
#59  February 03, 2020, 06:09:56 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Just sharing these to help tell the story, since I didn’t see it already posted. Looks like you have to have a membership to get in the discord. You have to get in the discord to download.

Images reposted from a discord:

#60  February 03, 2020, 06:23:51 am
  • Niigasan
Just tag me, but I said what I had to say. 2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.