YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 931784 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1021  April 29, 2022, 03:22:52 am
  • Forever loving but always working.
Tung Fu Rae is shown in the Event Story so decent chance he, Shun'ei, and Meiteikun are inbound soon.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Tung Fu Rue. Definitely looking forward to how well NM adapts Shun'ei.

Also the Orochi crafted card isn't for Orochi after all but is for Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru which grants them an absurd amount of Combat Power.  This will come in handy if you are still struggling in the event tower and don't have A1 EX Kyo on board.

The highest tier in Orochi's dungeon heavily favors SS Iori and SS Chizuru while any Kyo with Burn aliment can work if you don't have EX Kyo.  If your unit's combined CP ain't ridiculously high, prepare to spend lots of minutes getting through with this unless you go for the low tier selection.  The rewards give crafted materials to get the Orochi Option Card but also tickets for Chapter of Fight.

I strongly recommend getting the FES EX Kyo Set Cards.  It's basically Tekken Set but for EX units and can also be used for SFV's EX units.

There is also the star imprint stone specifically for sacred treasures. It adds Critical Rate and CR is the best boost for CP.

I am looking forward to getting the exchange shop's set cards. I missed out on the starlight boosting set cards from 7DS. That has haunted me with Luke, Terry, and Chizuru. At least now, I can remove one name of the list. Also, I'm sure it will work great with XV Kyo.

XV Kyo is already my favorite to play as, his charge skill is extremely satisfying, and he has plenty of skill resets to keep the momentum going. But again, the business side is going to be more obvious. One of the A5 EX Core for Kyo is called Concentrate. It reduces the cooldown by 100% of his first skill for 3 seconds. I tried it and it works amazingly well. It is better and more fun than using regular awakening because it has a 15 second cooldown but it's really 12 seconds because the first 3 are used when I'm attacking. There is a cooldown overlap with awakening so you cannot use Concentrate then awakening right after, or vice versa. It adds a new layer of thought to the game but it's only for the A5 Club. Which players will see is becoming more exclusive. Because now, A5 players can enjoy the a game a bit more while A4 and below cannot. Not to mention the dispatch for A7. This is a very obvious business move that is focused on NM's pockets.

But I cannot fault them completely, Yamata Orochi is more difficult than I thought but I'm glad the focus is shifting from high scores to more meaningful content where the goal is to defeat a challenge. High scores are great for players who are trying to reach the upper limit of their unit's ability. For those players, it's great but for others, like myself, it's awful. I'm interested in clearing a challenge but high scores are a limit, not a challenge. It's like holding my breath, there is a limit to how long I can do that and I am not interested in finding out. But I am interested in holding my breath if I'm diving for treasure. For the farming, I do not expect it to go away anytime soon since that is basically the DNA of any RPG. And the majority of rewards are better than I thought. Specifically, the FES set cards are wonderful but I'm happy there is the addition of elite hammers. The stones, especially the hexagon for SS Iori/SS Kyo, and moon/star for all are worthwhile. For SS Chizuru, the R attack starlight stones are still the best.

So XV Kyo is wonderfully fun, A5 is only going to look more attractive over time, I'm happy the content is taking its first steps towards more worthwhile content, farming is improved because the rewards are enticing, and I'm looking forward to Shun'ei...and maybe Meitenkun might surprise us with a new "sleep" status that will be more OP than fear.

#1022  April 30, 2022, 05:57:35 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
A recent patch got added that drastically lowers the difficulty in the Orochi dungeon even in the upper tier so now it's a lot quicker getting through the stage.  Before it woud take 10 minutes just to get through Orochi with A4 SS Iori and SS Chizuru.

Also, I'm sure it will work great with XV Kyo.
If you need something with great DoT for the Hell Dungeon, EX Kyo with the rush FES set is a blessing.
#1023  April 30, 2022, 08:29:12 pm
A recent patch got added that drastically lowers the difficulty in the Orochi dungeon even in the upper tier so now it's a lot quicker getting through the stage.  Before it woud take 10 minutes just to get through Orochi with A4 SS Iori and SS Chizuru.

Whoever first released this probably was the same person who made the insane Deimos Base.

If you need something with great DoT for the Hell Dungeon, EX Kyo with the rush FES set is a blessing.
Truly, I was a bit worried XV Kyo might feel stale but whoever is making the units and skills are doing an excellent job.

Also, I'm noticing they're working on Tales of Ash. We already have a lot backgrounds from that saga, and Magaki was even briefly shown when he was getting beat up by Akuma. Maybe by the end of the year, we'll have KOF 2003 story mode.
#1024  May 01, 2022, 07:32:57 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
That being said, I think Dream Match should be a permanent mode imo with actual rewards.
I'm shocked that that mode is gone.
I play the japanese version of KOFAS and I can't find a match in Championship for the life of me, but Dream Match always had people, and with rollback the connections were dope unless they were out in the sticks. Championship won't even let me connect to a list since I'm too far away...

They should just scrap Championship and make Dream Match the way to get those exclusive coins. I'm literally just missing Eiji in '95. Would be cool if they made a grindable FES XI one to spice things up a bit.

They really made the most fun mode in the whole game a limited affair lol, Netmarble what are you even doing
#1025  May 01, 2022, 08:16:14 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
That being said, I think Dream Match should be a permanent mode imo with actual rewards.
I'm shocked that that mode is gone.
I play the japanese version of KOFAS and I can't find a match in Championship for the life of me, but Dream Match always had people, and with rollback the connections were dope unless they were out in the sticks. Championship won't even let me connect to a list since I'm too far away...

They should just scrap Championship and make Dream Match the way to get those exclusive coins. I'm literally just missing Eiji in '95. Would be cool if they made a grindable FES XI one to spice things up a bit.

They really made the most fun mode in the whole game a limited affair lol, Netmarble what are you even doing

Probably becuz it won't make any profit.
I would rather want a standalone game that includes all the KOF All-Star characters but is solely for online mode. It could be called "KOFAS Dream Match" or smth. It could be a one time purchase game like every other KOF ports on mobile. Could make a quick and easy buck for Netmarble too cuz they'll simply be recycling all the assets from the original game.
#1026  May 03, 2022, 02:59:47 pm
Oh they just got rid of the "greet guild members" spot on the bingo. Fucking finally, I was already assuming this was a done deal.
the next bingos have all different requirements. The "complete daily missions" counter has increased to 5 (but most of the other spots can be done in a minute), after we lost 2 days with the "greet guild members" crap. This isn't going well...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1027  May 13, 2022, 12:33:19 am
The upgrades to SS Iori are really good. He is easily stronger than SS Kyo now.

I hope some old FES units get the chance for EX upgrades with their FES memories. My list includes:

1. Mr. Karate for the reds
2. Rock Howard for the blues.
3. Adelheid or Nakoruru for the greens.
4. Kim or Saiki for the yellows.
5. Hotaru for the purples.

I excluded AS versions and the ones with BS/SS versions and the ones I feel are more likely to get new versions like Elizabeth/Ash/Ryo might get an XV version. But they're a lot of yellows that I'd like to get the EX upgrades. Very unlikely to happen so I am just dreaming...
#1028  May 13, 2022, 01:15:41 am
A new filler event has been pushed.  Partake in a variety of dungeons to earn Noah's coins to redeem EX reset coins for your unit's EX board in case new tech is posted as well as "speed up" items for Dispatch. Yea that's basically it.

New dev vid just dropped.

So couple of things.

They admit they 'effed up when it came to the dumb Guild greetings task for that Bingo card.

Change Up kits are indeed way too tedious to acquire for existing FES+ units (you don't say) and are considering toning down the difficulty in acquiring them without getting over 10 copies of an existing unit.  '97 Orochi and '98 Omega Rugal are getting adjusted so Change Up can be gained easier.  Just allow their own dupe memories ffs.

As we approach the game's 4th Anniversary, several items and dungeons available since this game's inception are being considered for reworking so new players aren't overwhelmed with what to do first.

'96 Geese, '98 Krauser, '00 Lin, and False Chris are getting added like normal units at long last.

Tower of Trials, a mode where you can get up to 200 AP daily, is getting reworked.

Leona is defiantly next in line to get the EX revamp.  I really hope she gets bundled with XII Ralf/Clark.
Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:26:02 am by Kirishima
#1029  May 14, 2022, 04:29:25 am
A bit disappointed there are no news on Dream Match.
#1030  May 14, 2022, 05:32:04 am
Probably reserved for the next collab/4th anniversary.  Would be shocked if it was axed altogether despite being updated minutes before the SFV collab ended.

EX Kyo Banner along with the Sacred Treasure events have been extended for a couple days more, possibly to compensate for the dumb Guild mission in the board now changed.

Question.  What is the preferred Stone to give to EX Kyo?  Both the exclusive Moon/Star stones are good but the overall event rewards can be redeemed for just one for free and I can't decide between Active Skill damage buffs every 5 secs or increased Critical Rate to go along with his ludicrous nuke damage.
#1031  May 14, 2022, 06:05:11 am
I can't decide between Active Skill damage buffs every 5 secs or increased Critical Rate to go along with his ludicrous nuke damage.

The Critical Rate one would be my recommendation. It adds +62014 CP at level 10. It also works well with the new sacred treasure exclusive option card. And if you're lucky enough to score the set cards, the crit stone will be even more valuable.

The Active Skill stone adds +27658 CP and it is an excellent stone overall, but in the end they both produce basically the same damage but the Crit Stone also gives over twice the CP.
#1032  May 23, 2022, 12:30:47 am
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/64845

New login bonus granting up to 4k rubies, enough for at least 4 Multis when the next banner is out as well as 10x summon tickets.

Said banner confirmed to be EX Vol.2.  No word on what the next unit will be just yet.  The update will also roll out changes for Omega Rugal '98 and Orochi '97 so you can now use their own memories instead of BS units to level them up.
Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:30:01 am by Kirishima
#1033  May 23, 2022, 01:17:56 am
The update will also roll out changes for Omega Rugal '98 and Orochi '97 so you can now use their own memories instead of BS units to level them up.
Ooof, that one has to be painful. I didn't think they go for that and risk making furious the people who paid for more of the BS memories the first time around, but it was the only decision that made any sort of sense in the first place, even if they were afraid it would make it too easy to have OP Rugal 98 and Orochi 97. Somebody's paying for that first bad decision now.
And just 3000 free rubies, even with 3 10x tickets, that's just lame.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1034  May 23, 2022, 01:45:12 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Ugh, anyone else tired with the constant BS, EX, Signature updates instead of getting actual content like XIV characters?
#1035  May 23, 2022, 03:06:21 am
They need funding to give Iori a trenchcoat so get hyped for EX Shingo.

The update will also roll out changes for Omega Rugal '98 and Orochi '97 so you can now use their own memories instead of BS units to level them up.
Ooof, that one has to be painful. I didn't think they go for that and risk making furious the people who paid for more of the BS memories the first time around
Once upon an update, Schoolgirl Xiaoyu was featured as a paid bundle so the devs saw that as a success and not cause of Collab FOMO that they decided to put Ms. Big in a similar bundle that is rougly 4x the price.  Afterwards, the unit was later released like normal through the general pool while those that paid were gifted one Ms. Big memory :tiny:

Basically, not the first they pulled a sleeze move even tho the compensation is BS memories.  More reasons not to invest too heavily on anything outside of collabs these days.
#1036  May 23, 2022, 02:17:57 pm
Ugh, anyone else tired with the constant BS, EX, Signature updates instead of getting actual content like XIV characters?
Especially knowing that the models for the XIV and XIII cast (roid Ralf/Clark, Gang-Il etc.) have been sitting in the data for years. I wonder if they'll be EX by the time they come out, or if we'll get some surprise new gold / FES, or if they simply gave up on them.
Do they not have anyone to do the coding and animations or are they seriously sitting there finished but NM actually doesn't care ?
Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 02:22:10 pm by Byakko
#1037  May 24, 2022, 09:30:26 am
My guess is this new EX will be Shun'ei. They buffed SS Iori but left SS Kyo unbuffed even though he was voted as most in need of buff because of XV Kyo. It would be a new kind of greed for NM to now buff SS Kyo and release XV Iori. Especially after we got just got all this three sacred treasures content. And we saw Shun'ei and Meitenkun kinda announced in XV Kyo's Rush Dungeon.

About the models for Ralf/Clark and the rest...I'm hoping for a strong modding community if NM shuts the game down where we can have all these characters and even new ones. It would be great for this to be something like a new-age mugen.
#1038  May 24, 2022, 12:49:15 pm

Nya?
#1039  May 24, 2022, 01:11:29 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Well that kinda put an end to that.

I mean unless everyone's convinced its the roundest SS Kyo/EX Iori/Shun'ei they've ever seen
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1040  May 24, 2022, 01:47:58 pm
Just realized that this could be Foxy's last chance to be added to the roster to go along the release of XV Angel and SS Kula Change Up.