YesNoOk

MvC2 ROLL -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #20 (Read 13325 times)

Started by 087-B, May 26, 2020, 09:25:30 pm
Share this topic:
MvC2 ROLL -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #20
#1  May 26, 2020, 09:25:30 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES PRESENTS...
Yes, I'm serious.

ROLL

This is not the end of Wave Two, but it is the end of the first chunk of it! And now, Legacy Age of Heroes proudly presents one of my all time favorite characters, ROLL!!!

As a big fan of joke characters in fighting games, it should be no surprise I gravitated towards using Roll in the original two Marvels. I actually can't even play Megaman, I'm much better as her. As such, I've taken the time to tweak Roll to make her the best she can possibly be! No longer is she a weak joke character crying in Megaman's shadow!

For starters, she's now a rushdown queen. Though her damage output is still below average, her comboability has been upped greatly. Her moves have been sped up and given some forward momentum, so they connect better. Additionally, her launcher can now OTG, allowing for more mixups.

Her Roll Buster is now a distance-based move. Stand Heavy Punch and Air Heavy Punch will shoot the Roll Buster at a distance. Up close, however, and she'll deliver a trademark punch.

Roll also has a weapon swap system, activated by taunting while crouched. This switches her QCF+P special, which is the Tornado Hold by default. She can swap between Tornado Hold, Tengu Blade, and Lightning Bolt, before it cycles back. Each move has their own advanatges and disadvantages so see which works for you!

Additionally, all her moves from RMM are present here too, giving her a lot of familiarty for folks who have tinkered with that version!

I hope you all enjoy, I'm proud to show off my Roll, I'd say she Rocks!!

(This will be my final release for now, as I work on updating my previously released characters!)

Spoiler: Information (click to see content)

VIDEOS
SHOWCASE BY RED CHARIOT!

CREDITS
JJkoolaid & Mortos: For beta testing, supporting me, and being big helps in my MUGEN journey and constantly inspiring me to keep working!
DarkWolf13 and Walruslui: For the original MvC2 template!
DCL & O Ilusionista: For the base Roll!
MFG Community: For being awesome, and for feedback!
VS Style Debuts Team: For being one of my biggest inspirations!
Elecbyte: For creating MUGEN in the first place!
YOU!: Cause you took the time to read this article and download this character!
Re: MvC2 ROLL -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #20
#2  May 26, 2020, 09:36:04 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Great job on your Roll dude! All of your MVC characters are on a roll. (no pun intended :P)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#3  May 26, 2020, 09:37:39 pm
    • USA
Great job on your Roll dude! All of your MVC characters are on a roll. (no pun intended :P)

I'm offended that the pun was NOT intended. XD

Thanks man! Glad you like 'em, though I'm finally gonna take a break... from new characters. I need to polish the crap outta everything I've made up to this point. XD
#4  May 26, 2020, 09:44:35 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
wow first thanos is 10th now roll is 20th character you've released so far, i'll try her out
#5  May 26, 2020, 09:49:25 pm
    • USA
#6  May 27, 2020, 02:20:22 am
    • Mexico
I love your mvc2 style chars my doubt is you will create a Kobun
#7  May 27, 2020, 03:10:55 am
    • USA
I love your mvc2 style chars my doubt is you will create a Kobun

I'd like to do Servbot one day, if I can come up with unique stuff for him... I'd probably end up commissioning sprites/animations from people by then. :P
#8  May 27, 2020, 05:58:02 pm
    • Mexico
How well I look forward to that lansing while enjoying your lansings that are very faithful to those of MVC2

lui

#9  May 28, 2020, 01:02:41 pm
    • USA
https://streamable.com/afsc3d

any normal + qcb+lk makes for an easy infinite.

Also, this isn't show in the vid (since i fixed it), but state 3000's lighting helpers are bugged. they do not do any damage due to the wrong damage trigger on the hitdef on the helper itself.
#10  May 29, 2020, 07:14:44 am
    • USA
https://streamable.com/afsc3d

any normal + qcb+lk makes for an easy infinite.

Also, this isn't show in the vid (since i fixed it), but state 3000's lighting helpers are bugged. they do not do any damage due to the wrong damage trigger on the hitdef on the helper itself.

I know about that infinite. I actually purposefully left it in because I enjoyed the thought of Roll having one. :P

And good to know, I actually missed that! I'll try and fix that lightning glitch for the next update. ^_^
#11  May 29, 2020, 06:44:30 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I think it would be better if the infinite wasn't something you can easily confirm off one stray hit.
#12  May 29, 2020, 06:57:34 pm
    • USA
I think it would be better if the infinite wasn't something you can easily confirm off one stray hit.

True, I'll try and come up with a way to fix that then. ^_^
#13  June 28, 2020, 04:48:17 am
    • USA
Will the Flame weapon be completed in the next update, as well as the MVC2 styled dash shortcut and dash cancel?
#14  June 28, 2020, 05:21:42 am
    • USA
Will the Flame weapon be completed in the next update, as well as the MVC2 styled dash shortcut and dash cancel?

The Flame Thrower will likely be completed but not sure yet.

As for the shortcuts and cancels, I have no intention to put those in my characters.