• Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Re: Dio Brando
#2  May 15, 2021, 11:46:25 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Probably one of my favourite characters of yours, so much fun, you made him really fun to play
#3  May 16, 2021, 12:08:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-The swing sound on his standing LP plays after it hits the opponent.
-The counter message when the opponent is hit with Blazing Fist and Blazing Strike while attacking is misaligned.
-The strong ground shockwave sound effect on Blazing Strike seems to cut off when it hits the opponent (The EX version is fine though).
-Counter message doesn't appear when the opponent is hit by any version of Checkmate, Checkmate Crush, Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and Bloody Summoning while attacking.
-The World is missing a frame when he uses EX Blazing Fist.
-I personally think it would sound better if you also add the strong ground shockwave sound effect when it hits the ground on Road Roller.
-The super activation sound effect will play before the Super FX appears on any version of Checkmate.
-Bloody Summoning doesn't have envshake when the hit connects and a swing sound when the opponent is thrown at the end.
-After using the The World Time Stop and doing a few hits the opponent, DIO will sometimes disappear and dash forward even if don't push them forward.
-Using supers during the The World Time Stop will not have the blue background when used the first time.

That should be it. This is one of the characters I was hyped on when you announced him.

Edit for additional feedback:
-The World on his special intro with Jotaro disappears behind DIO than in front of him.
-The voice clip on his special intro with Jotaro cuts off.
-The custom combo FX is misaligned when used in the air.
-He stops glowing yellow in the middle of using EX Blazing Fist in the air.
-His animation is completely static when using Punishment while holding the kick button.
-Blocking Punishment when holding the kick button will have a hitspark instead of a guard spark and does no chip damage to the opponent.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:01:15 pm by SolidZone 26
#4  May 16, 2021, 12:19:42 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Found one issue as of now, almost similar to the bug I told you with Ibuki
 - the Clsn2 boxes for Aerial versions of LK, MK, HK (which I'm showing below), LP, MP, and HP still has them active after the end of their moves. Again, more noticeable while super jumping.

Not a fan of JJBA, but this edition of Dio Brando is kicking ass my man, i'm luvin it!
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:23:21 am by Vocalnoid
#5  May 16, 2021, 02:14:57 am
Dunno if it's supposed to happen or not, but apparently if you use the world time stop, you can actually spam both standing and crouching light kick and it wont trigger the end for the hyper, even when the meter runs out, allowing you to perform an infinite.
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:24:45 am by waspennator
#6  May 16, 2021, 02:23:03 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Man, oh, man. The way I was legit waiting for you to release DIO lmao. Dude's super fun just from a preliminary test run, I love how you really did incorporate things from both Shadow and Final DIO. I do have some things worth mentioning feedback and miscellaneous suggestions wise:

- During World Break, even though time stops, the background continues to move. MAX Punishment has a similar issue, where the stage starts to animate again after the kick lands.
- DIO should toss the opponent higher during World Serve.
   - Also in regards to both of his throws, the attacks themselves don't have much impact or weight behind them, due to lacking wind-up frames.
- There doesn't seem to be any difference in regards to any of the normal variants of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, in either damage, start-up time or range.
- I think the time stop before The World appears with him holding the knives during Judgment is kind of unnecessary.
   - Less feedback and moreso props, but Judgment is my favorite fucking super on this DIO, omg.
- The damage dampener for both versions of Road Roller should be changed. Depending on how you cancel it after most of his other attacks, the attack will do very little or almost literally no damage at all.
   - I also want to suggest a few flavor changes to Road Roller as well to help both versions feel more unique from one another, if that's alright:
   - Make it so he only laughs before punching for the MAX variant.
   - Have him start punching immediately after dropping the roller for the Level 1 variant
   - Cut the time he spends idle on the roller for the MAX variant before he laughs, and speed up the punches for better pacing.
   - Have The World's afterimage punches appear while he's punching for the MAX variant.

Realizing that might be a bit too much, so feel free to disregard it if you think it might be too far lol. Otherwise, yeah, DIO's definitely a mainstay in my roster now. Absolutely loving this guy!

Edit: One more thing I just found, if you go Blazing Strike -> Checkmate Crush -> MAX Checkmate, The World won't show up during MAX Checkmate and throw the second set of knives.
Edit 2: Crouching LK should definitely be a low.
Edit 3: If you chain LK -> MK -> HP -> Light Blazing Strike + Blazing 2 and cancel either variant of Checkmate Crush fast enough, The World will completely miss the punch. However, the super will still go through as if he didn't.
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:33:59 pm by PRØJECT.13
#7  May 16, 2021, 03:10:33 am
    • USA
Can't wait to make a battle between CvS Jotaro versus this version of Dio Brando. Nice character!

Question: Can you code a transformation to DIO to his final form? (just like Ditchu's edit) If you have time of course.

Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 04:00:20 am by Kishibe Light [The MUGEN Artist]
#8  May 16, 2021, 09:40:30 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-The swing sound on his standing LP plays after it hits the opponent.
fixed
-The counter message when the opponent is hit with Blazing Fist and Blazing Strike while attacking is misaligned.
fixed
-The strong ground shockwave sound effect on Blazing Strike seems to cut off when it hits the opponent (The EX version is fine though).
fixed
-Counter message doesn't appear when the opponent is hit by any version of Checkmate, Checkmate Crush, Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and Bloody Summoning while attacking.
added
-The World is missing a frame when he uses EX Blazing Fist.
fixed
-I personally think it would sound better if you also add the strong ground shockwave sound effect when it hits the ground on Road Roller.
added, but it's barely audible with all the other sounds happeining
-The super activation sound effect will play before the Super FX appears on any version of Checkmate.
tweaked
-Bloody Summoning doesn't have envshake when the hit connects and a swing sound when the opponent is thrown at the end.
added
-After using the The World Time Stop and doing a few hits the opponent, DIO will sometimes disappear and dash forward even if don't push them forward.
fixed
-Using supers during the The World Time Stop will not have the blue background when used the first time.
fixed
:
-The World on his special intro with Jotaro disappears behind DIO than in front of him.
fixed
-The voice clip on his special intro with Jotaro cuts off.
fixed
-The custom combo FX is misaligned when used in the air.
tweked
-He stops glowing yellow in the middle of using EX Blazing Fist in the air.
tweaked
-His animation is completely static when using Punishment while holding the kick button.
tweaked
-Blocking Punishment when holding the kick button will have a hitspark instead of a guard spark and does no chip damage to the opponent.
fixed

- the Clsn2 boxes for Aerial versions of LK, MK, HK (which I'm showing below), LP, MP, and HP still has them active after the end of their moves. Again, more noticeable while super jumping.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
tweaked, what version of mugen do you use? because I was trying to replicate but couldn't so reworked the anims a bit.

Dunno if it's supposed to happen or not, but apparently if you use the world time stop, you can actually spam both standing and crouching light kick and it wont trigger the end for the hyper, even when the meter runs out, allowing you to perform an infinite.
Fixed, it wasn't supposed to happen.

- During World Break, even though time stops, the background continues to move. MAX Punishment has a similar issue, where the stage starts to animate again after the kick lands.
Tweaked both of them
- DIO should toss the opponent higher during World Serve.
tweaked
- There doesn't seem to be any difference in regards to any of the normal variants of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, in either damage, start-up time or range.
fixed
- The damage dampener for both versions of Road Roller should be changed. Depending on how you cancel it after most of his other attacks, the attack will do very little or almost literally no damage at all.
I might have to tweak a bit more, was doing decent damage when testing but other people have told me this, I would have to find out what are the combos you are doing to recreate it.
   - I also want to suggest a few flavor changes to Road Roller as well to help both versions feel more unique from one another, if that's alright:
   - Make it so he only laughs before punching for the MAX variant.
   - Have him start punching immediately after dropping the roller for the Level 1 variant
   - Cut the time he spends idle on the roller for the MAX variant before he laughs, and speed up the punches for better pacing.
   - Have The World's afterimage punches appear while he's punching for the MAX variant.
I tweaked it they both have different start ups and hit confirmation options
I just found, if you go Blazing Strike -> Checkmate Crush -> MAX Checkmate, The World won't show up during MAX Checkmate and throw the second set of knives.
fixed
Edit 2: Crouching LK should definitely be a low.
fixed
Edit 3: If you chain LK -> MK -> HP -> Light Blazing Strike + Blazing 2 and cancel either variant of Checkmate Crush fast enough, The World will completely miss the punch. However, the super will still go through as if he didn't.
Tweaked, I think I fixed but don't know if I was doing it fast enough to go through.

Thanks Guys for the comments and feedback

#9  May 16, 2021, 11:39:34 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
tweaked, what version of mugen do you use? because I was trying to replicate but couldn't so reworked the anims a bit.
I use 1.1 beta 1 just to clarify
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#10  May 17, 2021, 12:49:44 am
    • USA
2nd feedback:
-The counter message when the opponent is hit with Blazing Fist and Blazing Strike while attacking is still misaligned (Did it on Training and it's placed underneath him).
-A charged Punishment still does no chip damage to the opponent when blocked (So you can't finish them off with a cheese if they have low HP left).
-Using a 2nd super like Checkmate or Punishment during The World Time Stop will have the background color changed and not just the Super FX like the first one (Don't know which one is intentional, the first super having the blue background or not).
-The hitspark on Space Ripper Stingy Eyes is not aligned with the beam.
-The background music is still playing during The World Time Stop.

Just mostly stuff that was missed or appeared on this update.

added, but it's barely audible with all the other sounds happeining
Actually, I think it's much better after hearing it myself. I couldn't hear the original impact sound of the Road Roller and only just the ping part at the end of that sound clip. Now the ping acts more like an echo alongside with the added sound effect.
#11  May 17, 2021, 02:22:18 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
beautiful, tested a bit and found that while you're trying to use an air combo (down hk) he super jumps instead of doing a launcher
#12  May 17, 2021, 10:11:47 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The issue with Checkmate Crush connecting when it shouldn't is still there,  the timing is a bit slower than I initially thought. Also a few more things I forgot to mention/didn't notice until I posted the initial feedback and one new thing:

- The time stop winpose doesn't have the black and white background effect.
- DIO says "Road Roller Da" when doing the follow-up attack for both variants of Punishment.
   - Also during MAX Punishment, if you do it close enough to the wall and the opponent bounces off of it before the follow-up kick, they'll fly away from DIO for a moment before zooming back towards him with their backs facing him. Doesn't break the move, per se, but it's a little goofy lol
- The Road Roller itself should stop shaking during the frames DIO isn't actively striking it.
- During the last few frames of both variants of Road Roller, DIO is in front of it instead of still behind it.
- If you stop charging power before reaching 3 bars, DIO will keep laughing.
- Another flavor suggestion, but I would switch DIO's 2nd and 3rd punches for Judgment, and also add the crouching HP start frames before he does it.

As far as the set-ups messing with Road Roller's damage, there are quite a few but they can pretty much be simplified as such:

- Any normal except light punch -> Road Roller.
- Any special attack after light punch -> Road Roller.
- Any super except raw Checkmate/MAX Checkmate -> Road Roller.
- Ending Time Stop with Road Roller after doing any attack will make it so no damage was done.
#13  May 18, 2021, 06:29:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-The counter message when the opponent is hit with Blazing Fist and Blazing Strike while attacking is still misaligned (Did it on Training and it's placed underneath him).
fixed
-A charged Punishment still does no chip damage to the opponent when blocked (So you can't finish them off with a cheese if they have low HP left).
tweaked
-Using a 2nd super like Checkmate or Punishment during The World Time Stop will have the background color changed and not just the Super FX
like the first one (Don't know which one is intentional, the first super having the blue background or not).
fixed
-The hitspark on Space Ripper Stingy Eyes is not aligned with the beam.
tweaked
-The background music is still playing during The World Time Stop.
fixed

I use 1.1 beta 1 just to clarify
OK, I was trying to see if I could replicate it.

beautiful, tested a bit and found that while you're trying to use an air combo (down hk) he super jumps instead of doing a launcher
fixed

The issue with Checkmate Crush connecting when it shouldn't is still there,  the timing is a bit slower than I initially thought. Also a few more things I forgot to mention/didn't notice until I posted the initial feedback and one new thing:
I still don't quite understand what you are saying with the checkmate crush...
- The time stop winpose doesn't have the black and white background effect.
what black and white fx
- DIO says "Road Roller Da" when doing the follow-up attack for both variants of Punishment.
changed
   - Also during MAX Punishment, if you do it close enough to the wall and the opponent bounces off of it before the follow-up kick, they'll fly away from DIO for a moment before zooming back towards him with their backs facing him. Doesn't break the move, per se, but it's a little goofy lol
tweaked
- The Road Roller itself should stop shaking during the frames DIO isn't actively striking it.
it does
- During the last few frames of both variants of Road Roller, DIO is in front of it instead of still behind it.
fixed
- If you stop charging power before reaching 3 bars, DIO will keep laughing.
fixed
- Another flavor suggestion, but I would switch DIO's 2nd and 3rd punches for Judgment, and also add the crouching HP start frames before he does it.
tweaked
As far as the set-ups messing with Road Roller's damage, there are quite a few but they can pretty much be simplified as such:
fixed

#14  May 18, 2021, 07:43:04 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I should've specified that when I said "actively striking the Road Roller" I meant during the time between the rapid punches and the final punch, as well as after the final punch before it explodes. I also managed to get two videos of the Checkmate Crush weirdness, same combo on both versions, but one has a slightly later activation than the other

https://streamable.com/5390rh
https://streamable.com/2ft4xf

Note how the initial punch from The World for CC doesn't actually connect, no hitspark, no hitsound, the combo counter stays at 5 instead of going to 6 like it should, but Checkmate Crush still happens like it did despite that. Everything else I mentioned is fixed and good, still absolutely loving this DIO.
#15  May 18, 2021, 01:41:47 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
I should've specified that when I said "actively striking the Road Roller" I meant during the time between the rapid punches and the final punch, as well as after the final punch before it explodes. I also managed to get two videos of the Checkmate Crush weirdness, same combo on both versions, but one has a slightly later activation than the other

https://streamable.com/5390rh
https://streamable.com/2ft4xf

Note how the initial punch from The World for CC doesn't actually connect, no hitspark, no hitsound, the combo counter stays at 5 instead of going to 6 like it should, but Checkmate Crush still happens like it did despite that. Everything else I mentioned is fixed and good, still absolutely loving this DIO.
Fixed, Thanks Project13 for the video demo,

Thanks Guys for the comments and feedback.
#16  May 22, 2021, 01:03:50 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I think this is the last bit of feedback I have to offer at the moment, and I even managed to finally finish up and perfect some palettes I was working on =P

- Light Blazing Strike should be faster, especially for it's short range. It can only currently connect after heavies.
- During MAZ Checkmate, if you fully parry or dodge the knives DIO throws and then parry the knives The World throws after, The World will throw a second set of knives before disappearing.
   - Also, I think the amount of meter the opponent gains after getting hit by either Checkmate should be toned down.
- As much as I love how powerful it is, Scale of Terror should have the time the opponent is frozen for toned down a bit, especially when the background can start moving before the opponent can. I might be a bit off, but I think it's actually longer than Jotaro's EX Reverse Time.
- DIO isn't invulnerable during Time Stop like he was in HFTF. Jotaro isn't either but unlike Jotaro, if DIO gets hit during Time Stop by an active hitbox from before Time Stop fully activated, DIO's Time Stop will end.
- EX World Teleport should have i-frames for a bit longer than it already does. It has the same weakness that the normal variant does, but since DIO always teleports directly behind the opponent, he'll often get hit before ever being able to attack, which admittedly doesn't make the move all that worth using.
- [Tested with Traditional Command Settings On] Bloody Summoning doesn't work on grounded neutral. If you input the command while jumping in any direction or the opponent gets hit by the initial jambs, the move will come out just fine. But if you just do the move while standing still, nothing will happen.

https://imgur.com/a/YJJy5sd And finally, here are the palettes. I'm still having a blast with this DIO right now.
#17  May 22, 2021, 12:50:16 pm
    • USA
I should also mention a few more things I missed:
-When using The World Time Stop while the opponent is on the lie down state, the background doesn't stay black and white, the music doesn't stop playing, the stage remains frozen until the super ends and the time resume effect doesn't play (Which none of these happen with Jotaro's Star Platinum The World).
-The super activation sound effect will play before the Super FX appears on The World Time Stop.
-The sound effect where the stand disappears plays twice on ground Blazing Fist, Blazing Strike, Max Checkmate and Judgment.
-The landing effect could be a tad lower as it's slightly above his feet.
-There is no sliding dust if Bloody Summoning misses and doesn't connect.
#18  May 22, 2021, 11:32:11 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
- Light Blazing Strike should be faster, especially for it's short range. It can only currently connect after heavies.
tweaked
- During MAX Checkmate, if you fully parry or dodge the knives DIO throws and then parry the knives The World throws after, The World will throw a second set of knives before disappearing.
fixed
   - Also, I think the amount of meter the opponent gains after getting hit by either Checkmate should be toned down.
tweaked
- As much as I love how powerful it is, Scale of Terror should have the time the opponent is frozen for toned down a bit, especially when the
background can start moving before the opponent can. I might be a bit off, but I think it's actually longer than Jotaro's EX Reverse Time.
tweaked
- DIO isn't invulnerable during Time Stop like he was in HFTF. Jotaro isn't either but unlike Jotaro, if DIO gets hit during Time Stop by an active hitbox from before Time Stop fully activated, DIO's Time Stop will end.
tweaked
- EX World Teleport should have i-frames for a bit longer than it already does. It has the same weakness that the normal variant does, but since DIO always teleports directly behind the opponent, he'll often get hit before ever being able to attack, which admittedly doesn't make the move all that worth using.
tweaked
- [Tested with Traditional Command Settings On] Bloody Summoning doesn't work on grounded neutral. If you input the command while jumping in any direction or the opponent gets hit by the initial jambs, the move will come out just fine. But if you just do the move while standing still, nothing will happen.
adjusted commands
https://imgur.com/a/YJJy5sd And finally, here are the palettes. I'm still having a blast with this DIO right now.
Those palettes look awesome but for some reason I think imgur messed up the color index. Do you have the act files?

-When using The World Time Stop while the opponent is on the lie down state, the background doesn't stay black and white, the music doesn't stop playing, the stage remains frozen until the super ends and the time resume effect doesn't play (Which none of these happen with Jotaro's Star Platinum The World).
fixed
-The super activation sound effect will play before the Super FX appears on The World Time Stop.
tweaked
-The sound effect where the stand disappears plays twice on ground Blazing Fist, Blazing Strike, Max Checkmate and Judgment.
fixed
-The landing effect could be a tad lower as it's slightly above his feet.
tweaked
-There is no sliding dust if Bloody Summoning misses and doesn't connect.
added

Thanks guys for the comments and feedback
#19  May 23, 2021, 12:07:35 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
#20  May 23, 2021, 02:14:50 am
    • USA
Found a minor bug on the update, the strong version of Blazing Strike has the stand disappearing while he's on his attack animation when not following up with a 2nd one. The light and medium versions including the follow ups are fine.

Edit as I found to point out issues using Training regarding the counter message:
-It doesn't appear when the opponent is hit by Blazing Strike.
-It is slightly misaligned on Checkmate Crush, Judgment and Bloody Summoning.
-It is still on the old position when the hitspark on Space Ripper Stingy Eyes was originally misaligned.
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:48:46 pm by SolidZone 26