YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411546 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12361  April 24, 2020, 01:16:36 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/

Cells at Work Code Black getting an adaptation for next year.
#12362  May 29, 2020, 04:31:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
shingeki tu madre s04 trailer;

studio confirmed as mappa, and while potentially inferior to wit, at least a debacle like opm seasons 02 is very unlikely to happen.

#12363  June 12, 2020, 01:32:08 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
2nd season of Re:Zero is coming this July.

My first impressions of this anime for the first 15 minutes was that it's gonna be Konosuba 2.0 with Subaru being Kazuma 2.0. Boy was I wrong. Re:Zero is pretty much the 'Groundhog's Day' of isekai anime but offers so much when it comes to plot twists and character development. The main protagonist goes through so much from PTSD to CPTSD, depression and surprisingly a nervous breakdown. It has drama, love, action, D&D themes, fantasy and comedy done right and at the same time keeps you guessing. This is truly a gem among gems of isekai anime. If you're looking for something different and at the same time entertaining this is the anime for you.  ;)

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#12364  June 12, 2020, 05:20:42 pm
it's pretty much a serious version of konosuba , both creators are drinking buddies i read somewhere they both wrote their stories while sharing ideas in one of their infamous drinking nights.
#12365  June 26, 2020, 09:57:08 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Is Neko from K Project the cattiest anime cat girl ever? If not, any other contenders?

I can't help but feel Belle Delphine took inspiration from Neko.  :catgoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
#12366  June 26, 2020, 04:37:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Neko is a strong contender, but hanekawa is the most popular.
The OG catgirl was shampoo, tho; but she predates this so much she has an actual cat form and human form an no hybrid form... and the cat girl in masou gakuen is just hnng, even if she is a fake.
#12367  July 01, 2020, 12:17:08 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
This sure is one long product placement for a movie teaser.

Lots of fans complaining how her henshin is pretty much a copy paste of the 90's and it looking like it has choppy animation too. I'm pretty sure they'll still watch it.  :bjugoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
#12368  July 01, 2020, 01:25:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That's an odd thing to complain about seeing Crystal's deviation on its art and how awkward it looked in the first two seasons was its main outcry and the third smoothed things out for the better, but the original 90's series was still the preferred look.  I mean heck, the freaking Universal Studios Japan ride tried to match the 90's show more than new Crystal at the time.

Is this still going to be their odd attempt at the anime's season this time being LotR-levels of content stuffed into each movie, around 3 hour per movie?  I actually think I don't know any anime movies that long, if that's still the game plan after all these years?  Such an odd project this whole season of Crystal is, it still would have made a lot more sense to me to save this for their coverage of Sailor Stars, the finale.  Because now they need to find some way to top this stunt when they get to that point.  I mean...I GUESS they could just continue on and only making passing mention of the movies, somewhat like Dragon Ball Super did with stuff post-Broly movie, so it happened but isn't mandatory....but doing something like that completely defeats the point of this Crystal anime series even existing to be more canon to the manga.

Anyways, the clip still looks good and modern....nothing new or out of the ordinary, par for the course.  I still prefer the 90's aethetic....but welcome to literally all of anime.  Not much to be gained by bemoaning about it.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:29:17 am by Long John Killer
#12369  August 15, 2020, 03:55:05 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Better start watching at that Sailormoon fan website I go to. That's the only place I know where to watch PGSM.

https://meaww.com/kiss-anime-kiss-manga-taken-down-by-japan-leech-piracy-law-parliament-manga-anime-copyright-websites

Anime fans, apologies for being the bearer of bad news. Popular websites, "KissAnime and KissManga" have been taken down permanently. In a June 2020 report by Kyodo News, it was reported that the Japanese parliament had endorsed a revised anti-online piracy law for copyright control, banning illicit downloading of manga, magazines, and academic texts, in addition to music and videos that were already covered by the existing legislation. According to the report, the law also regulates “leech websites” that facilitates users with hyperlinks to download pirated materials. The ban on illegal downloading will take effect on January 1 next year, while restrictions on leech sites will come into effect on October 1, as per the story.

I think I've only used the site once or twice just to watch My-Hime.  :sweatdrop:
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:58:08 pm by rgveda99
#12370  September 01, 2020, 05:13:36 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
she's finally coming back boys and gals!

12th Haruhi Suzumiya novel to be published after a nine-and-a-half year hiatus

https://grapee.jp/en/149567
#12371  November 02, 2020, 10:43:24 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland

Hold onto your butts
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#12372  November 03, 2020, 10:05:09 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Even with a brand new Getter animation, after a over decade... we still will never escape HEATS.
#12373  November 03, 2020, 11:07:09 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
We did escape it

Right into HEATS 2
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12374  November 03, 2020, 11:14:17 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I never want to hear the Z2 mix of HEATS in another Super Robot Wars game ever again!

monkey paw finger curls

(actually the Z2 mix is pretty damn good but gosh it would be nice to get Shin vs Neo or New or even Toei Getter for a change)
#12375  December 05, 2020, 12:59:14 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Latest trailer for the Sailormoon Eternal movie.

Promotional art too.
https://twitter.com/sailormoonfcvn/status/1334346229908525057
https://twitter.com/myanimelist/status/1333638188057960449

Also forgot to post this here.

https://geekculture.co/mans-girlfriend-throws-away-demon-slayer-figurines-worth-thousands-is-now-his-ex/

NEWS: Taiwanese Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend For Throwing Away Nezuko Figurines!

Never incur the wrath of a passionate fan, especially when said individual owns collectibles and merchandise that make your wallet quiver in fear. Promote the ‘never’ to a ‘never ever’ if the collection only consists of the all-time best boy, best girl, best what-have-you favourite characters, because the outcome can turn out to be pretty damn intense.

Such was the case with a (ex-)couple in Taiwan, where a man’s then-girlfriend’s disrespectful treatment of his beloved anime figurine collection initiated a messy break-up and a potential lawsuit for damages. It all started with a post in a Taiwanese Facebook group that allowed users to rant about their girlfriends in an anonymous capacity:

“I want to rant about my girlfriend, who made use of the two days that I wasn’t at home to throw away my beloved Nezuko (from popular anime Demon Slayer) dolls. Do you know how much the entire collection was worth? Hundreds of thousands of [Taiwanese] dollars!!!” he wrote. “I bought the figures with my hard-earned money over the years, and you reduced them into a heap of trash on the rubbish truck!”

According to the man, the former girlfriend threw out the figurines because they were taking up space in the apartment that were cohabiting in. He also mentioned that he had yet to watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Infinity Train in theatres because she didn’t like him watching anime (the blasphemy!).

“I left you to your own whims when you spent the whole day watching Korean dramas and fangirling over Korean idols. How difficult is it to have mutual respect for each other,” continues the post. “To think I used to hide my hobbies to make you happy in the name of love; how pathetic was I to do so for a trash woman like you.”

In hopes of getting his collection back, the user made a call to the rubbish collection company, but was told that the heap of trash had already been burnt. He decided to initiate a break-up with his ex-girlfriend, who said that he was being overly-dramatic. She, however, agreed to it, and threw in some parting insults for good measure, “You otaku love such trash so much it’s ridiculous.” Following the fiasco, the man is looking to sue his ex-girlfriend for damages.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#12376  December 07, 2020, 02:09:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Aot final season premiere, did not dissapoint.
#12377  December 15, 2020, 04:29:40 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Latest trailer for Sailormoon Eternal Part 1.

Edit 1:

Official song for the movie.

Edit 2:

Looks like husband and wife are busy with their revivals.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1338997368956608512

Yu Yu Hakusho, the spirit detective manga by Hunter x Hunter's Yoshihiro Togashi, is inspiring a live-action series on Netflix!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-12-15/yu-yu-hakusho-manga-gets-live-action-series-on-netflix/.167490

Yoshihiro Togashi's Yu Yu Hakusho manga is inspiring a live-action series that will stream on Netflix worldwide. Netflix contents acquisition director Kazutaka Sakamoto is the executive producer, and Akira Morii is producing at Robot. The manga already inspired a stage play (pictured right) that ran in Japan from August to September 2019.

The manga follows 14-year-old delinquent Yusuke Urameshi, who dies after saving a child in a car accident. The Spirit World is surprised by his death and offers him a chance to come back as a "spirit detective" who is tasked with defeating demons.
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:19:16 am by rgveda99
#12378  March 08, 2021, 02:18:03 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
About time.  :coollove:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/03/06/the-devil-is-a-part-timer-returns-for-2nd-season-after-8-years-1st-trailer-released

In a surprise announcement tonight, it was revealed that The Devil is a Part-Timer! will be getting a second TV anime season in celebration of the light novel's 10th anniversary, which is written by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by 029. The first season of the show aired from April 4, 2013, to June 27, 2013. The first trailer, key visual, and confirmation of the returning cast were revealed, giving us the first taste of what the new season will be serving up.

Hoping Grimgar and Mayou get another season. But we are getting Log Horizon season 3.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#12379  April 28, 2021, 02:49:15 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
#12380  May 09, 2021, 04:28:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA