YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 250466 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#61  June 11, 2020, 07:03:30 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Yagoshi300

Gotta read the first post my guy, Jedah and Billy are already part of the plan

@Magma MK-II

Kula would be great and I know Dampir made a sprites conversion for her so I'll keep her in mind. I know nothing about JoJo but is that version of Joseph the one in the Capcom game? Those sprites would stick out a little but could still be doable I think, lot of interest in JoJo's stuff so I'll keep it in mind as well.

Gonna post some more progress this weekend, and I'll mail down who will be in the update by then (six on each side, maybe seven depending on workload). Thanks again everyone, I'm glad so many people are enthusiastic about the project again.

Download Last Bout now!
#62  June 11, 2020, 07:08:24 pm
Yeah the Capcom Jojo fighter had part 2 and 3 Joseph Joestar sprite.
#63  June 11, 2020, 08:34:50 pm
Speaking of JoJo, Infinite removed JOJO style sprite outline for his Jotaro, so it's something worth checking out. His stand could be an interesitng UT for the game.
#64  June 12, 2020, 12:04:35 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
@Seanalty

Oh well, such a pity... even so, your game's return is enough for me to be happy, your list is great and i am genuinely excited. Go for it sean, i am not that good with hi-res stages, but, if i can help you, just like how i did with some of your stuff in SHADES 3, just let me know.
Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 03:42:43 am by AVPboy
#65  June 12, 2020, 06:04:42 am
    • Brazil
Question: have you considered adding Double, from Skullgirls? Sure, you'd have to make sprites for her adapted to CvS style, BUT, because her moveset revolves around using other characters' sprites/moves, you could get very creative with a moveset for her using CvtW's own roster without making an entire spritesheet.
#66  June 12, 2020, 07:54:14 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think at that point it would almost be easier to use Seth from Street Fighter to some extent or Neogeegus, Geegus, I know in the past there were sub bosses and the bosses I think were Superman/Mr.X rather than a clone-type of enemy like that.

DW

#67  June 13, 2020, 04:11:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's great to see that you want to update this. Using Gladia's chars would be a great addition. I CS'd Michelle Heart and can let you get that if you want.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I see you said you were interested in Pure & Fur. I could look her over and depending on how many sprites she has, I could possibly CS her for ya.

Do you have anyone in from DC? I saw Batman by Alucard was suggested. I had thought those sprites were mostly well animated. The pal table may be a complete mess though... :-\ I can think of two others though that you may be interested in adding:

Poison Ivy by Harbinger and Zvitor: Her sprites are amazing and she animates very well. I honestly feel she would be the best candidate for a DC char where you wouldn't have to do any spriting for her. I was also laying out the ground work for a CS for her. She doesn't have very many options, so it'd be pretty easy.

Catwoman by Ninja Brl, Mistah Jorge and volzzilla: I found this char by complete accident. As I myself were looking for some well made DC chars I could possibly work with. Then I found her. The sprites overall are nicely done and animate good. A few animations could be touched up here and there. As I was looking over the SFF, I can see that some of the animations still hold the base look from Zvitor's Catwoman. Like her jump fwd/back anims. She's CPS2-Ish in style. Was looking over what a CS would do for her. Luckily, unlike most of those custom comic book chars, her pal table is fine, just unorganized. There's not a bunch of unknown, wacky colors everywhere that don't even apply to her. I'll see about making a mock up for a CS later.

I'll ponder on some more stuff later.
#68  June 13, 2020, 07:46:53 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
It's great to see that you want to update this. Using Gladia's chars would be a great addition. I CS'd Michelle Heart and can let you get that if you want.

I see you said you were interested in Pure & Fur. I could look her over and depending on how many sprites she has, I could possibly CS her for ya.

Do you have anyone in from DC? I saw Batman by Alucard was suggested. I had thought those sprites were mostly well animated. The pal table may be a complete mess though... :-\ I can think of two others though that you may be interested in adding:

Poison Ivy by Harbinger and Zvitor: Her sprites are amazing and she animates very well. I honestly feel she would be the best candidate for a DC char where you wouldn't have to do any spriting for her. I was also laying out the ground work for a CS for her. She doesn't have very many options, so it'd be pretty easy.

Catwoman by Ninja Brl, Mistah Jorge and volzzilla: I found this char by complete accident. As I myself were looking for some well made DC chars I could possibly work with. Then I found her. The sprites overall are nicely done and animate good. A few animations could be touched up here and there. As I was looking over the SFF, I can see that some of the animations still hold the base look from Zvitor's Catwoman. Like her jump fwd/back anims. She's CPS2-Ish in style. Was looking over what a CS would do for her. Luckily, unlike most of those custom comic book chars, her pal table is fine, just unorganized. There's not a bunch of unknown, wacky colors everywhere that don't even apply to her. I'll see about making a mock up for a CS later.

I'll ponder on some more stuff later.

That would actually be great, it only slightly bugs me to suggest Catwoman or Poison Ivy without Batman though, even so... that sounds really good for sure.
#69  June 13, 2020, 09:41:40 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
In all fairness, Catwoman did have her own comic line
#70  June 13, 2020, 10:17:43 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
How about some of Matrimelee or RoTD characters? Their sprites would blend nicely with cvs styled stuff.

#71  June 13, 2020, 10:32:44 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Catwoman
Oh my, couldn't those be bigger? lol
If we are speaking about DC how about Wonder Woman by Loganir? As far as I remember she have good sprites.

For the others:
I love K', but I don't think that he would be the only one to represent SNK in a game. I mean, Terry, Mai, Kyo or Iori make more sense, so one of them as dlc would be nice.
Maybe someone from Melty Blood is a good pick too, I would choose beetween Sion, Arcueid, Akiha, Aoko and Shiki Tohno.
Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:31:49 am by Lurker
#72  June 13, 2020, 11:14:54 pm
These are really nice, the original base from jojo animates amazing as well.
Would love to see Ivy.
#73  June 13, 2020, 11:29:18 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
In all fairness, Catwoman did have her own comic line

And cleveland had his own show... i'm just saying. Anyway, The Crow is a great suggestion as well, there's a complete sprite sheet dedicated to him and he does fit to your style Sean.
Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:32:33 pm by AVPboy
#74  June 14, 2020, 07:10:53 pm
For the others:
I love K', but I don't think that he would be the only one to represent SNK in a game. I mean, Terry, Mai, Kyo or Iori make more sense, so one of them as dlc would be nice.
Maybe someone from Melty Blood is a good pick too, I would choose beetween Sion, Arcueid, Akiha, Aoko and Shiki Tohno.

As much as I'd love Iori in CvTW, I think a rep from SamSho or Last Balde would be a better option. As for the Melty Blood characters, they probably won't fit the games art style: too many frames of animation

Anyway, I replayed the game recently (August 2013 build with K' and SHADES patches) and it appears that Strider is missing AI and a few winquotes against certain characters.

I would also suggest moving Snake from Jungle stage to Arctica, so his grenades will be visible on the ground. It's also more fitting, considering that this is MGS1 Snake.
Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:23:38 pm by GreenZed
#75  June 14, 2020, 10:14:18 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I'll agree with what another poster mentioned. Wonder Woman by Loganir, another needed female character. Hell, I'd add Thor by Loganir as well.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#76  June 14, 2020, 10:47:53 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I'll agree with what another poster mentioned. Wonder Woman by Loganir, another needed female character. Hell, I'd add Thor by Loganir as well.

Loganir's Wonder Woman would be nuts and pretty good, since we already have Superman on the roster, i would personally like her and maybe another lady too, like Maki from Final Fight, for example.
#77  June 14, 2020, 10:57:49 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
@Rurouni

Yeah I've seen the KOF0style sprites for that one, and I think I discussed way back when if there was a way to get Dampir to do his thing to those sprites (I considered commissioning them if he was open to it) but it never went anywhere.
Oh, did it almost happen? It is a pity.

Ichigo (Bleach)
Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Both Ichigo e Ryuko have cvs-ish sprite sets, although Ryuko would demand way more work. Ichigo would be nice, but I don't if he has enough sprites.

Oh. Lucia from Final Fight 3 would be cool.

She also has a cvs-ish sprite set, but unfortunately there are not enough sprites and the current ones would require work as well. :')
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#78  June 14, 2020, 11:38:57 pm
    • Brazil
The only finished Lucia I know also has absurdely big boobs. If we're going for Final Fight, how about Poison? She has great sprites and she is very popular. Also, regarding DC villain ladies, I think Harley feels like a better choice than Catwoman and Ivy, since she is the only one of them who seemed to have actually succeeded in a solo "career", though I'm not sure if the available sprites are good enough.
#79  June 15, 2020, 12:09:05 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Yeah, not that one. Note the sprite I posted. I was talking about this:

Poison wouldn't be bad but Lucia would be something fresh. Being realistic, Lucia is unlikely. You know, just dreaming.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#80  June 15, 2020, 04:14:37 am
    • Brazil
This Lucia is very bad.