YesNoOk

Remap Pal for helper. Code works in Mugen 1.1, but not IKEMEN GO Plus. (Read 5005 times)

Started by darthbirdy3, July 27, 2022, 11:49:29 am
Share this topic:
Remap Pal for helper. Code works in Mugen 1.1, but not IKEMEN GO Plus.
#1  July 27, 2022, 11:49:29 am
  • I feel old
  • Still using Mugen after this many years.
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/darthbirdy3
I'm at my wit's end here trying to figure this out. I'm not sure if it's because I used the -1's for source and Ikemen can't do that or not, but if I can't use -1 how am I supposed to set the helper's palette, to begin with? 1,1 and 0,0 (I even tried 0,1 as a wild guess) don't work in either version. Ideally, I would find a way to make it compatible for both, but if not IKEMEN GO Plus is more important to me. Anyway, here's the code:

;Change Striker Pal based on Fighter
[State 301, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = parent,palno = 1
source = -1
dest = 1,5

[State 301, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = parent,palno = 2
source = -1
dest = 1,6

[State 301, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = parent,palno = 3
source = 1,3
dest = 1,7

[State 301, RemapPal]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = parent,palno = 4
source = -1
dest = 1,8
Still using Mugen after this many years.
Re: Remap Pal for helper. Code works in Mugen 1.1, but not IKEMEN GO Plus.
#2  July 27, 2022, 01:57:23 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Make a separate batch of palettes for the helper. If your "parent" uses group 1, then make the helper use 2 or smth.
Then, depending on what palette the parent is using, you can change the codes accordingly.
Code:
[State -2] ;Change palette for general use which follows the parent's palette order.
type = RemapPal
triggerall = palno != 1
trigger1 = time = 0
source = 2,1
dest = 2, ifelse((palno =1),1,(palno))
Code:
[State -2] ;Change palette for specific designations.
type = RemapPal
triggerall = palno = x
trigger1 = time = 0
source = 2,1
dest = 2, y
Re: Remap Pal for helper. Code works in Mugen 1.1, but not IKEMEN GO Plus.
New #3  July 27, 2022, 09:33:27 pm
  • I feel old
  • Still using Mugen after this many years.
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/darthbirdy3
That doesn't work. I couldn't tell you why or how but it just doesn't. I set the helper's sprites to use palette 2,1 in the sff, I've added the helper's palettes to my def file and they are indexed as 2,2 2,3 and 2,4 respectively. It no longer works in either version yet the source -1 and dest 1,6 still work in mugen 1.1 which makes no sense as I was under the impression that 1,6 shouldn't exist now. What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: Just realized it's resetting the helper sprites back to the old palette every time I close and reopen the character. Why is it doing this and how do I stop it?

Edit 2: I now got it working in Ikemen by making the helper use a shared palette then changing to the new palettes from source 1,1. Of course... It now no longer works in mugen 1.1. The helper palette matches the player palette no matter what and the colors are messed up.

FINAL EDIT: I just updated to the newest version of Ikemen GO and it now works in them both. The real kicker, the code that works is the original. I wasted more time than it took to update Ikemen GO messing around with the code...
Still using Mugen after this many years.
Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:00:04 am by darthbirdy3