YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1841784 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: SF IV / III SAKURA
#261  May 12, 2020, 11:04:36 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
i will add 8 new moves for Sakura

1 based on each shotos from 3rd strike (Ryu, Ken, Sean and Akuma)
4 originals.

Ryu inspired one:  this moves will be similar, i no will use the exactly pose or keyframes, but want a close effect and function.
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:09:48 pm by Anderson Masters
#262  May 12, 2020, 11:38:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks pretty OK to me.
She just miss the "snap" effect on the kick itself.

I'm curious to know about these 4 new moves.
(not from Shoto characters...)
#263  May 13, 2020, 02:02:18 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Looks pretty OK to me.
She just miss the "snap" effect on the kick itself.

(not from Shoto characters...)

of course, anyway, this is a work to the 2d steps, smear and strech

trying to decide what kind of face i want for her, this 2d steps will be pretty hard, idk if i want to go trought this, but sure i will finish the stand.

#264  May 13, 2020, 10:12:25 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
face 3 or face 5 are pretty OK to me !
Good luck!
#265  May 14, 2020, 06:35:35 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

3 new moves now... cause is time to reveal the first of then

tell me what you think guys.

Sakura Reka Starter Punch

She will had a Flower Mode (like Yun and Yang) with a pink aura and alot of free cancels for a short time...
one of the possibilities (only a gif to show the idea, in game will seems better fluid)
#266  May 14, 2020, 07:00:36 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

4 originals.

Ryu inspired one:  this moves will be similar, i no will use the exactly pose or keyframes, but want a close effect and function.

Ohhhhh, I love that kick!
#267  May 14, 2020, 07:51:17 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
She needs more movement in her legs. Just rotating her so shes standing on the ball of her foot looks wrong. Like she would trip doing that.
#268  May 15, 2020, 05:58:39 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

4 originals.

Ohhhhh, I love that kick!
a pretty cool karate kick, pretty well animated on sf3, amazing move, i will rework some frames of Sakura doing this

She needs more movement in her legs. Just rotating her so shes standing on the ball of her foot looks wrong. Like she would trip doing that.

i'm thinking on less move, change the move to the point of feet... like that:
NEW OLD
#269  November 26, 2020, 10:33:18 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

4 originals.

updated
#270  November 26, 2020, 11:56:53 pm
    • USA
You're good at spriting, but some of your animations need help.
If you're looking to improve your animations, may I make a few suggestions?

noticeably on these 2, the foot is pivoting the wrong way

Look at Ryu's right foot. It's turning out as his left foot reaches his target. While your Sakura's right foot is turning in.
another example using my own animation:

the right foot pivots from in to out
OLD
on this uppercut, her right foot should actually turn out  as well as she reaches impact. I would twist her upper body more to her right(your left).
Like this:

its a kinetic chain that starts with the foot. wherever the foot turns the rest of the body follows. You're upper body doesn't twist the opposite of your pivot, it follows it.

Also, to create a snapping effect(giving your attacks more "umph") the time between anticipation(also known as the "wind up") and impact should be shorter then the start time leading to the anticipation and recovery time. You can adjust the frame ticks in FF or cut out some frames, or both. Understanding gravity and body mechanics is important in creating good animations. Don't want you to make a bunch of animations and then have to start over.

Also, what's up with her headband? It should be down at the beginning, move during attack and the drop back down during recovery.
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
#271  November 27, 2020, 12:49:24 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
You're good at spriting, but some of your animations need help.
If you're looking to improve your animations, may I make a few suggestions?

noticeably on these 2, the foot is pivoting the wrong way

Look at Ryu's right foot. It's turning out as his left foot reaches his target. While your Sakura's right foot is turning in.
another example using my own animation:

the right foot pivots from in to out
OLD
on this uppercut, her right foot should actually turn out  as well as she reaches impact. I would twist her upper body more to her right(your left).
Like this:

its a kinetic chain that starts with the foot. wherever the foot turns the rest of the body follows. You're upper body doesn't twist the opposite of your pivot, it follows it.

Also, to create a snapping effect(giving your attacks more "umph") the time between anticipation(also known as the "wind up") and impact should be shorter then the start time leading to the anticipation and recovery time. You can adjust the frame ticks in FF or cut out some frames, or both. Understanding gravity and body mechanics is important in creating good animations. Don't want you to make a bunch of animations and then have to start over.

Also, what's up with her headband? It should be down at the beginning, move during attack and the drop back down during recovery.

oh man... you really help alot with this... thank you very much
about the "sprites" this Sakura and Cammy don't had any manual edit, is only renders of blender with a specific tool that i create to SF3 and KOF XII style, i don't edit any single pixel, is an automatic shader working on full automatic rendering, i only need to pose keyframes, setup the framerate, chose the frames that i want, and press "ctrl-R"

about the bandana "she had a wind that seems good ingame, but weird on animations out of the screen"

anyway you gimme a awesome feedback, you really "show" your points and i will make updates baseds on this

Cammy Medium Kick and pals

Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:32:34 am by Anderson Masters
#272  November 27, 2020, 05:38:53 am
    • USA

oh man... you really help alot with this... thank you very much
about the "sprites" this Sakura and Cammy don't had any manual edit, is only renders of blender with a specific tool that i create to SF3 and KOF XII style, i don't edit any single pixel, is an automatic shader working on full automatic rendering, i only need to pose keyframes, setup the framerate, chose the frames that i want, and press "ctrl-R"

about the bandana "she had a wind that seems good ingame, but weird on animations out of the screen"

anyway you gimme a awesome feedback, you really "show" your points and i will make updates based on this

I use blender as well. Just "Key framing" you're animations won't produce great results. Understanding Key frames is just the foundation but you still have to build the rest of the house, you get me? Key frames are basically the essential frames that allows the viewer to understand what is happening in an animation. Key frames are important but what happens in between those key frames is the difference between polished and stiff. The little details count.

One of the things I've done to improve my animation is watch real life martial artist demonstrations on Youtube.  Most of the time they'll show you a slow-mo so you can really see how the body moves from beginning to end. Just type in whatever punch or kick you're trying to animate and you'll find a good tutorial you can learn from.

Cammy Medium Kick and pals

With Cammy...first off, relax her left hand fingers. curve them in a bit. Just look at your own fingers when relaxed. They are not DEAD stiff. She should first begin to pivot her left foot, followed by torquing her upper body, which is the weight that generates the power and last the kick trails behind before snapping. the whole body does not turn at the same time.

For the hair I wouldn't use physic and rather use bones instead for better control.
#273  November 27, 2020, 07:11:34 am
    • USA
the animating part is whole different phase unlike how we normally think,  we think " animation should be no problem", then you try it and it comes out stiff and action-figure-like. pretty much what MDCGD said; and  it will be another learning curve and maybe you can just copy the frames as is from the Spritesheets of Cammy, i had done NSFW works using Mai's Walking frames to Lei Lei as practice, looked stiff but the animation came out ok,.

Your Cammy's kick just needs a different "ender" meaning, after the kick, she can recoil a different way instead of looping the animation back. I do see that you did a quick method, and its very good process,  your quality of the sprites are very good too, no doubt. The variant costumes are such a nice addition,I will try to learn this technique as well, thanks for showing your progresses, keep it up
#274  November 28, 2020, 11:27:48 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
the animating part is whole different phase unlike how we normally think,  we think " animation should be no problem", then you try it and it comes out stiff and action-figure-like. pretty much what MDCGD said; and  it will be another learning curve and maybe you can just copy the frames as is from the Spritesheets of Cammy, i had done NSFW works using Mai's Walking frames to Lei Lei as practice, looked stiff but the animation came out ok,.

Your Cammy's kick just needs a different "ender" meaning, after the kick, she can recoil a different way instead of looping the animation back. I do see that you did a quick method, and its very good process,  your quality of the sprites are very good too, no doubt. The variant costumes are such a nice addition,I will try to learn this technique as well, thanks for showing your progresses, keep it up

yeah! that makes sense!
i will use it as soon as possible. thankyou very much

Shooken

44 frames 27 frames
Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:35:19 am by Anderson Masters
#275  December 04, 2020, 02:05:28 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
SHIN SHOOKEN!
#276  December 04, 2020, 04:04:46 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
that initial uppercut actually looks super nice
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#277  December 04, 2020, 07:42:18 am
    • USA
#278  December 04, 2020, 02:13:28 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:07:25 pm by Anderson Masters
#279  December 06, 2020, 05:06:01 am
    • USA

That's better. Fix the knees though. Rule of thumb: the knees normally points the same direction as the toes.
#280  December 07, 2020, 02:08:52 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

That's better. Fix the knees though. Rule of thumb: the knees normally points the same direction as the toes.

thanks. i will check it... at now, today i make a kof xii shader for her

0.1 sakura xii
Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:15:39 am by Anderson Masters