YesNoOk

THE MANDALORIAN. (Read 18226 times)

Started by MAO11, November 24, 2019, 02:04:25 pm
Share this topic:
Re: THE MANDALORIAN.
#21  December 18, 2020, 07:24:05 pm
That "surprise" was expected since two episodes ago, and it was one of the more obvious guesses. As for tension, they already beat Gideon, the darksaber problem is only put on hold but it's still there, and all it resolved was the Dark Troopers situation. Personally I feel that last one, the whole scene, was well deserved. It was about time we saw that (with the obvious comparison to Rogue One).
The only issue I have is how he got there so fast when everyone else had to find those super secret coordinates.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:27:11 pm by Byakko
#22  December 20, 2020, 09:59:23 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Count me as not a fan, could not want that scene to end fast enough

The face was fine but somehow the outline made it look weirdly photoshopped ? Which is weird since it would all be on a green screen anyway. Well, not with their new tech of projecting everything around the actual actor, so maybe they coudn't do that for that one actor and still had to photoshop him in ? There's a credit for the stunt and a credit for...what, the voice or the face ? Did he actually manage to make that voice ?

I have to assume that it was his voice, I don't know what processing they put it through though because obviously we've all been listening to that voice in various fashions normal and abnormal and I could not hear some of the telltale signs
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
New #23  December 23, 2020, 08:11:31 pm
I read that it was the actual de-aging tech (not the Tarkin/Leia CGI) with minor voice manipulation, so it really was all him right there on set. That probably explains the random recent pictures of him freshly shaved as opposed to the beard he's been sporting this last decade or so. Probably also explains the nose, I thought that was a weird CGI artifact, it looks so weird :P (then again they didn't use his most flattering angle, right up his face from the crooked side, bad choice)

After the december / Christmas confusion, some people were wondering if Boba was going to be Mando S3. Favreau gave an interview confirming Boba for early december and Mando S3 for Christmas, so Boba will probably just get like 2 to 4 episodes. Apparently Pedor Pascal will show up in multiple (all ?) of the Mando spin-offs, like Ahsoka and I guess Rangers of the New Republic (most likely in Boba's Book too), and there are rumors this will eventually lead to some Avengers/Defenders-like team-up. Thrawn will definitely be involved in that. Luke will also show up more, but probably not in any central role, just a cameo here and there I guess.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:27:59 pm by Byakko