YesNoOk

What is your best advice when your best friend ................ (Read 3433 times)

Started by rgveda99, October 12, 2019, 04:11:15 am
Share this topic:
What is your best advice when your best friend ................
#1  October 12, 2019, 04:11:15 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

................. college/highschool buddies or one someone really close to you marries a self centered narcissistic bitch?

Do you cut ties with them? Ignore them on social media?
Do you keep the friendship but distance yourself?
Does it make you cringe having to be in a social situation that you have to meet him and the viper?
Does your friend change in subtle ways that they end up being influenced?
Do you have similar stories you want to share?
Does the guy's family and blood relatives hate her so badly?
Can you tell already at first meeting with her she's trouble?
Why does your friend get into relationships with these types of women?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Re: What is your best advice when your best friend ................
#2  October 12, 2019, 08:37:08 am
  • all is love in fair and war
why so bitter on your buddy's private life? there must be quality in her that your friend see yet you didn't, so let them be and act normally
#3  October 12, 2019, 09:10:42 am
Its none of my business. I couldn't tell you the full names of some of my friends.
Its kinda strange how this shit is irritating you so much, do you have closeted intimate feelings towards him? If not, then you kinda need to stop parenting your friend. Its obnoxious.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4  October 12, 2019, 09:45:53 am
    • USA
you can talk about it more in depth to what happened. Was that your ex or somebody you really liked?
#5  October 12, 2019, 10:45:49 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Its none of my business. I couldn't tell you the full names of some of my friends.
Its kinda strange how this shit is irritating you so much, do you have closeted intimate feelings towards him? If not, then you kinda need to stop parenting your friend. Its obnoxious.

I think you misunderstood the entire post.
Little bit of empathy goes a long way, assuming he has "closeted intimate feelings" was a bit of a stretch.
#6  October 12, 2019, 04:06:24 pm
don't really care for my friends private life , i still hang with some i'm not really the type of guy who would go out of my way just to greet or check up on friends.. usually my friends come to me/ invite me to go wherever they want to go,

majority of my friends are women , and most of them are married now some with children. and now that i think about it , most of my male friends are a generation older than me. huh weird.
#7  October 12, 2019, 06:57:14 pm
................. college/highschool buddies or one someone really close to you marries a self centered narcissistic bitch?

Do you cut ties with them? Ignore them on social media?
Do you keep the friendship but distance yourself?
Does it make you cringe having to be in a social situation that you have to meet him and the viper?
Does your friend change in subtle ways that they end up being influenced?
Do you have similar stories you want to share?
Does the guy's family and blood relatives hate her so badly?
Can you tell already at first meeting with her she's trouble?
Why does your friend get into relationships with these types of women?

I've been in s similar situation on multiple occasions.
To clear things up, these are my personal situations.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What I did was tell that friend how I felt, just honesty which friends should be able to accept, if you are really close.
And if honesty means telling I'm not comfortable with their partners showing up during a game night, I will do so.
Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous or anything. In contrary, I am happy they find someone they can be happy with.
I even invite their partners if they don't annoy me. I guess "toxic bitch" is the keyword here.
On the other hand, when I visit them, I have to choose to either not show up or to live with it, their house their rules.

These are some situations I have been in though. Some of mine agreed or at least understands.
Some can't cope with it and never showed up again.

In the end it's up to you.
You might want to consider your friends feelings, how they cope with it if you told them and if your friendship is at stake.
Maybe others are right and you should feel happy for them instead or maybe you need to move on, I dunno.

Also for people saying it's your friend's private life, I gotta say it depends on the situation.
I like to stick up to my friends, if there's something up, we talk about it and look for a solution.
If they need help, I don't say it's none of my business.
#8  October 12, 2019, 07:50:35 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Sounds like you’re way too attached to your friend. Clear the air and tell him how you feel if you really feel this way. He’s an adult and can make his own decisions and if you can’t live with them distance yourself. The only exception I can think of is if your friend is trapped in an abusive relationship, but there’s no way to tell that based on the information given here
#9  October 13, 2019, 12:18:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's your friend, so learn to distance yourself emotionally from the his relationship with her. just make sure to be there for him when the relationship fails, he wil need it, been there done that.
#10  October 15, 2019, 09:42:00 am
    • USA
Interesting thread.
I guess we'd have to know what the specifics on the girl actually are. But for the most part the advice already given seems good.
#11  October 16, 2019, 12:25:30 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Just say goodbye.

#12  October 16, 2019, 08:52:27 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

you can talk about it more in depth to what happened. Was that your ex or somebody you really liked?

Interesting thread.
I guess we'd have to know what the specifics on the girl actually are. But for the most part the advice already given seems good.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for everyone's input as well.

Busy doing some Cammy to Sailormoon sprites and I got 13 more sprites to finishing within a span of 2 weeks. Also juggling with Spanish classes.  :juggle: ¡Que Mal! Estudiando  una nueva idioma es dificil.  :book2:  :neatdrop:

I'll be sure to post again sometime this week with all the complete details. Will be putting a spoiler tag for the long version. But if you just want the gist of it, it's one of those 'damn if you do, damn if you don't' situations and I'm gonna look like the bad guy either way. Phyrric victory is the only victory you can get from it.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#13  October 16, 2019, 02:41:33 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
attention seeking kind I see, useless thread