YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1220951 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1841  July 19, 2021, 02:59:23 pm
Some stages don’t appear right for some reason. It’s like the camera is positioning is totally off in Ikemen. How do I fix that
#1842  July 19, 2021, 03:10:22 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
For now, it's maybe worth pointing that Taybear and I released a version of The Pit 2 that uses AttachedChar and integrates the fatality without any code char-wise.

Yes, I'm already aware of this.  I've utilized all of Taybear's legacy Mortal Kombat stages for my stage finishers.  I want my game to be compatible with both MUGEN and IKEMEN.  I would prefer not to have to go through the process of having to develop IKEMEN stage finishers for every stage which would also involve needing to rip the code out of every character in my game (I currently have 65 characters).
#1843  July 19, 2021, 06:38:45 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ok, taken note of the bug. We will look into it.

We had been looking how Mugen does take into account stage fit and we are still searching how is exactly done.
So we had been messing with boundLow, I hope we did not break the stage with that.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1844  July 19, 2021, 09:19:52 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Wanted to say I'm loving this progress of Ikemen GO will say pretty soon Mugen on the GO will be possible with the Steam Deck.
#1845  July 19, 2021, 09:32:04 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Wanted to say I'm loving this progress of Ikemen GO will say pretty soon Mugen on the GO will be possible with the Steam Deck.

Yup, Steam Deck uses Arch Linux and Ikemen GO already is compatible with it.
#1846  July 20, 2021, 07:47:42 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
thought I'd test out the MK1 Pit stage with the stage fatality done by Lasombra. It seemed to trigger when I used POTS's Ryu but when I used MK1 Sub-Zero by RabbitGentleman and Pneophen the fatality wouldn't trigger. Dunno if it's a conflict or not.
#1847  July 20, 2021, 08:48:45 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Certain characters will not truly knock out the enemy because they want to trigger their own "Finish Him" states.

The stage fatals I made require the enemy to actually be KOd.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#1848  July 21, 2021, 12:27:08 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
ah dang, guessing that means I won't be able to use these with any MK characters and any characters with finishers.
#1849  July 21, 2021, 04:55:01 am
I would appreciate if someone could give me the link of an ikemen with about 600  o 800 characters(only the screempack,no chars). (Please do not say the (The_Best_Ikemen_GO_fWin_x64). I have it and it has color and definition problems.

That's the screen pack I'm using (the 256 slot one)

I'm having issues with a few stages not sure if its Ikemen or the screen pack

Some stages, the camera is higher than the characters and you have to jump to see them

On another 1 (Capoeira Beach by LESSARD), the sprites are all messed up. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great
#1850  July 21, 2021, 07:41:25 am
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
I would appreciate if someone could give me the link of an ikemen with about 600  o 800 characters(only the screempack,no chars). (Please do not say the (The_Best_Ikemen_GO_fWin_x64). I have it and it has color and definition problems.

That's the screen pack I'm using (the 256 slot one)

I'm having issues with a few stages not sure if its Ikemen or the screen pack

Some stages, the camera is higher than the characters and you have to jump to see them

On another 1 (Capoeira Beach by LESSARD), the sprites are all messed up. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great

Your problem happens to everyone, that happens to me too, but only in this screempack (The_Best_Ikemen_GO_fWin_x64))(the color is worse and definition in characters and stages. I recommend you use another pole to fix that problem
put 2 mugen at the same time (one normal or ikemen, and the other the best ikemen) with the same character and stage and you will see the difference
#1851  July 21, 2021, 09:09:51 am
I started to study and learn how to use the features available in ikemen, I need a 3 against 3 in the tag team and score mode, ikemen is very attractive to stay behind and not use it.

thanks man for you amazing work.
#1852  July 22, 2021, 06:08:40 am
does ikemen go runs in 1280x720 in fullscreen without black borders?
#1853  July 22, 2021, 11:36:31 am
    • Philippines
Hello, i would like to ask a question. How can i make ikemen go to go straight to arcade simul mode when i press start on the menu. and how can i disable player 3 ai in it? where can i edit it?
#1854  July 22, 2021, 04:37:22 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#1855  July 23, 2021, 04:04:01 am
    • USA

Ok, taken note of the bug. We will look into it.

We had been looking how Mugen does take into account stage fit and we are still searching how is exactly done.
So we had been messing with boundLow, I hope we did not break the stage with that.

I think this may be the case. I have a few stages that are broken. One I'm almost positive used to work in older Ikemen versions. But, the others are new so I don't know.

Would if help if I sent screen shots / stage names?

It's not every stage. I think I have about 2 or 3 that are busted. The problem, for me, is it keeps wanting to center the camera too high up for the stage.
#1856  July 23, 2021, 04:13:43 am
    • USA

I thought about this myself. But, I have two concerns with it. One is a personal concern, the other is a practical one.

My personal concern is that I use Parabola. I like to use a fully Free Software OS. It's arch based, but AMD is weird sometimes. I heard their 'open source' driver is better now; but that it might require non-free firmware code to load it. Which, in effect, destroys the ability to run in a completely Free Software environment and rather much defeats the purpose. I have a modern AMD desktop and while the graphics will load, they run like crap compared to a Intel Integrated from like 8 years ago. I can only assume that firmware is to blame. But, I don't want to surrender and load the non-free firmware. Looking to sell that paperweight soon. This is why I would like more devices to use Intel. Intel has better Free Software support, usually.

My other concern is the steam deck controls don't really look that good for a fighting game. They bunched the directional pad and the actions buttons off to horrific ends of the controller to make room for their two track pads. I know they did this to try to allow for as much mouse simulation as possible to support as many PC games on the go as possible; but it's going to make playing games like 2D fighting games and 2D platformers a real pain in the butt.

I'd really almost have to have one in my hand to try to live-boot into a Free OS to see if it works well and to see if the controls work for 2D games without me having to contort my hands into horrible positions before I'd risk spending any of my money on it. I just don't trust the AMD chip and the controls well enough to part with about $400.00 to give it a test run. Can I return it and get my money back if it doesn't fit my needs?
#1857  July 23, 2021, 08:23:17 am
    • USA

yeah it does, but you have to make a screenpack that supports that resolution. also, you should get the Discord App, and join the IKEMEN discord for easier access to update and any help you may need to explore the unique features
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#1858  July 23, 2021, 09:23:12 am

yeah it does, but you have to make a screenpack that supports that resolution. also, you should get the Discord App, and join the IKEMEN discord for easier access to update and any help you may need to explore the unique features

I am really loving all the features and how it's easier to make, everything very well explained with the lines similar to mugen.
#1859  July 23, 2021, 09:59:12 pm
    • USA

I am really loving all the features and how it's easier to make, everything very well explained with the lines similar to mugen.

Did you look at the new features? If you download a fresh copy of IKEMEN GO, open up the system.def, there's a ton of new features that say "IKEMEN FEATURE" that mugen does not have. It's very important you do that. You gotta look at the fight.def and system.def to import some new features, and also some new sprites. Look into the fight.sff and system.sff, there's new sprites like the "ratio mode numbers" that does not exist in mugen.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#1860  July 24, 2021, 07:50:55 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia

I think this may be the case. I have a few stages that are broken. One I'm almost positive used to work in older Ikemen versions. But, the others are new so I don't know.

Would if help if I sent screen shots / stage names?

It's not every stage. I think I have about 2 or 3 that are busted. The problem, for me, is it keeps wanting to center the camera too high up for the stage.
A list of stages would be very useful to test the bugfix.

Did you look at the new features? If you download a fresh copy of IKEMEN GO, open up the system.def, there's a ton of new features that say "IKEMEN FEATURE" that mugen does not have. It's very important you do that. You gotta look at the fight.def and system.def to import some new features, and also some new sprites. Look into the fight.sff and system.sff, there's new sprites like the "ratio mode numbers" that does not exist in mugen.
You can also look at "system.base.def".
Here you can see all system.def parameters, including the new features.

For the new lifebar/char/stage features there is the GitHub wiki:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki
Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:57:02 pm by Gacel