YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 743041 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1041  May 14, 2021, 09:28:40 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
animation
I wish SNK would tinker with the animations too. They have a plain look to them at times, and the "stylization" has a jarring look in 3d. Majority of the motion libraries were made with KoF XII sprites in mind, where the posing lacks aggression in certain places. They also tween too fast (not SFIV bad but it's there), and you end up losing the distinct key frames for certain attacks and grabs. Choregraphing could use improvement as well.

"Dragon Punch-type" moves are animated really nicely. They have aggressive posing, and the recovery is tweened in a way where you can see the recovery motion. They're some of my favorite moves to look it in 3d kof.

Btw SNK don't do motion capture, all animations are handcrafted.

I compare it to Tekken on some points, when in Tekken 3, you can see new characters like Xiaoyu or Hwoarang pretty well animated when old characters still have weird animations from Tekken 1 and Tekken 2... And they kept many of these strange animation until Tekken Tag 2, with a big update of animations. But even in Tekken 7 some animations from Tekken 1 are almost untouched.
Don't want to digress too much, but Namco knew that those old animations sucked. Tekken 1 and 2 had no motion data (3 was the first game to have it), they use mocap as a guide but everything is done by hand. They changed the ones that were most necessary (Flash Punch Combo is a good example), while keeping vital legacy attacks intact.

sure.
To me only the result counts.
Whatever mix up of method they use.
If they can do quality work and always try to improve the previous work = win
#1042  May 14, 2021, 03:33:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Ugh. People still with this Gaidel nonsense?
#1043  May 14, 2021, 03:35:26 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Ugh. People still with this Gaidel nonsense?

How’s it nonsense?

His soul was inside of Verse. Given Ash and Orochi were both revived it’s likely to assume that the other souls inside revived as well. Especially considering Verse split into multiple pieces after his defeat.

Correct me if I’m wrong anyhow.
#1044  May 14, 2021, 03:44:25 pm
Did SNK say anything official about Gaidel reviving ? Or is that a "everyone was inside Verse and revived so this one random guy will definitely be a part of XV's story" thing ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1045  May 14, 2021, 03:51:34 pm
  • Sh*tty characters must die.
  • AMT
    • Turkey
I really don't want to continue to be a Debbie Downer here, but all of her supers look legitimately atrocious and it's insanely dispiriting to see that they have not only learned nothing about animating in 3D from XIV, but that they continue to make the exact same mistakes as they keep bringing in older characters/moves.

the problem is, they're reusing KOFXIII animations on 3D models. KOFXIII sprites were based on flat color 3D models, it worked for lower framerate animations, but both in XIV and XV they're absolutely ugly. hope they notice this.
#1046  May 14, 2021, 04:13:50 pm
    • Mexico

So her story may revolve around Gaidel this time as a standalone plot.

“Essential to the KOF storyline” but has done jackshit since the Orochi saga. Then again nobody has, at least everybody not named Kyo, Iori, K’, Ash, or anybody in their close-knit circle. I thought that XIV would change that but the main plot was pretty much just Shun’ei and I guess some Nakoruru. Kinda sucks that the Samsho character wound up being more important to the story than all of the veterans (except again for that dipshit Kyo). I think we’re all ready to have people like Terry, Ryo, Athena, and the Ikaris finally mean something to the plot.

Or at least a continuation of some of the older plots teased. When the hell are we getting on that dragon spirit plot with Kensou and Ron again? Been waiting like 20 years for that shit to take off, will probably end up waiting 20 more at this rate.
#1047  May 14, 2021, 04:57:21 pm
    • USA
Did SNK say anything official about Gaidel reviving ? Or is that a "everyone was inside Verse and revived so this one random guy will definitely be a part of XV's story" thing ?

It’s never been outright confirmed but Verse’s win quotes, coupled with most of not all of the endings in KOF XIV, suggest that all the souls that had been within him have revived. Ash and Orochi were shown having revived and it’s implied Verse himself is still around, albeit in a weaker state.

Maxima also says in one ending that he has readings from multiple energy sources (I believe) that relate to previous KOFs, which supports the possible and likely revival of Rugal, Igniz and Krizallid, all souls that were inside of Verse.

Considering the actual revivals and the implied revivals, I think it’s safe to assume Gaidel has come back as well, since his soul was inside of Verse and it would be weird to revive everyone but him.
#1048  May 14, 2021, 05:01:40 pm
What you just said only tells me that what's safe to assume is they started from the desire to bring back the popular former characters outside of a dream match, starting with CYS and then surely Rugal, maybe others like Goenitz, and they gave us an explanation for it, but someone like Gaidel being created brand new that we've never even seen and doesn't even have a design is far lower of the list of expectations. You can have a headcanon that Gaidel is now alive again, but him showing up is absolutely not safe to assume.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 05:07:00 pm by Byakko
#1049  May 14, 2021, 05:56:20 pm
    • USA
What you just said only tells me that what's safe to assume is they started from the desire to bring back the popular former characters outside of a dream match, starting with CYS and then surely Rugal, maybe others like Goenitz, and they gave us an explanation for it, but someone like Gaidel being created brand new that we've never even seen and doesn't even have a design is far lower of the list of expectations. You can have a headcanon that Gaidel is now alive again, but him showing up is absolutely not safe to assume.

Agree to disagree then. The ending(s) of KOF XV leave a lot of implications and I’m running with ‘em.
#1050  May 14, 2021, 07:58:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I think we’re all ready to have people like Terry, Ryo, Athena, and the Ikaris finally mean something to the plot.
Not happening. Those guys have only been around out of tradition. They could completely miss a KOF and the plot wouldn't change. Well, the Ikaris could be an exception due to their involvement with K' team.
#1051  May 15, 2021, 12:41:20 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
In that trailer, Leona has her "Heart attack" back. I feel that they will show the release date and platforms when they reveal the rest of the roster and features.

(PS4, PS5, and PC are the possible platforms)
#1052  May 15, 2021, 02:33:33 am
    • Mexico
I think we’re all ready to have people like Terry, Ryo, Athena, and the Ikaris finally mean something to the plot.
Not happening. Those guys have only been around out of tradition. They could completely miss a KOF and the plot wouldn't change. Well, the Ikaris could be an exception due to their involvement with K' team.

Ironically, Kyo and Iori are going to wind up missing a KOF before them, as they almost did in KOF 99. People love these characters THAT much. Even if it is unlikely to happen, people would enjoy it, I'm pretty sure about that. It would give them some development after 20+ years of being static.
#1053  May 15, 2021, 05:14:31 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

In the manga, when Heidern figured out about people reviving, Leona was about to ask and Heidern says "I'm sorry, there's no any information about Gaidel."
I believe that Leona's "very important mission" will be something related to Gaidel.
#1054  May 15, 2021, 06:29:51 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Is the manga canon to the series?
#1055  May 15, 2021, 06:49:02 am
    • USA
Maybe not the manga -- but the Ikari Warriors Team ending in KOF XIV is essentially the same thing.

Heidern confirms a list of (at least) 36 known revived individuals, with no word on Gaidel at the time. Which confirms they're aware of his soul being within Verse, and that it did split from its body when Verse was defeated -- but Gaidel reviving is up in the air.

So, while I'm leaning towards him possibly being alive, it's possible that Leona's story in KOF XV will be searching for the answer to where Gaidel's soul has gone.
#1056  May 15, 2021, 07:38:20 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Now I wonder if Mature & Vice will be back this time.

We have CYS coming back with lots of references to Orochi, but with Iori being part of the Sacred Treasures team, I also have my doubts.
I hope they come back. They're super popular and I love their aesthetics.
#1057  May 15, 2021, 08:01:09 am
    • USA
I still think they’ll come back to form a team with Rugal.

I know that sounds like wishful thinking/fanfic territory but idc it’s my word and I’m sticking with it.
#1058  May 15, 2021, 10:11:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ironically, Kyo and Iori are going to wind up missing a KOF before them, as they almost did in KOF 99. People love these characters THAT much. Even if it is unlikely to happen, people would enjoy it, I'm pretty sure about that. It would give them some development after 20+ years of being static.
And where are you coming from?
People love Terry, Ryo, Athena, Mai, etc.

It just means they're going to show up in KOF because people will cry if they don't.

Still doesn't mean they will have any relevance to the overall plot.
#1059  May 15, 2021, 10:39:11 am
Terry and Ryo will be relevant in a new FF / AOF / Garou game before they're relevant in KoF's story.
AKA never.
#1060  May 15, 2021, 05:01:43 pm
    • Mexico
And where are you coming from?
People love Terry, Ryo, Athena, Mai, etc.

It just means they're going to show up in KOF because people will cry if they don't.

Still doesn't mean they will have any relevance to the overall plot.

Okay, that’s twice that you’ve not understood my point. How much clearer do I have to be? I’m not saying that they are ever going to have story relevance, but rather that people would love it if they actually did, for once. Doesn’t mean SNK is actually going to try it. I don’t know where in both of my posts you confused me for straight up saying that they’re going to have actual roles in the story this time around. The most I said was that it would be cool and people would love it.