YesNoOk

Question about CVS style sprited characters (Read 8801 times)

Started by Diek Stiekem, May 05, 2022, 03:55:54 pm
Question about CVS style sprited characters
#1  May 05, 2022, 03:55:54 pm
    • Netherlands
SF Alpha (CPS2 in general), 3rd Strike and SNK sprites don't mesh too well with CVS style sprites.

(I.e. Alpha Sagat, Zangief, Blanka and Balrog among others come to mind)

Are there any recommendations when it comes to these characters for a POTS style CVS sprited roster?

Be it entirely resprited ones (which are way more rare, I know) like Li Kun's Morrigan spritework,

Rose by Felo_Llop and Karma.

Or just rescaled and reshaded one like Froz's Urien and Dudley by Buckus / BurningSoul.

I already found a decent representation of KOF characters, but I'm still especially missing the following characters

- Zangief

- Sagat

- Balrog

- Adon

- Any Darkstalkers besides Morrigan and Lilith

- Remy

- Alex

- Samurai Shodown characters

Feel free to suggest others or any obvious ones I just plain missed.
Thanks in advance for the effort!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Question about CVS style sprited characters
#2  May 05, 2022, 05:54:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
There're a lot of CVS sprited versions of other chars, mostly thanks to guys like Dampir and Marancv, now that they get POTS style... that's debatable. Here're some finds I got about them:
- Zangief
- Sagat
- Balrog
- Adon
- Remy
- Alex
-The only i can mention is CFJ Zangief (Capcom's own intent to "resprite" him) by Gal129
-There's the SF3 Sagat sprites, but their intents to make him POTS or even CVS are also debatable (Supreme Sagat maybe?)
-Only CVS2 versions nothing about POTS AFAIK
-Trololo made an awesome work with his Adon... and I tried to make it too but I failed
-Only Hsien-ko by the same POTS, Bulleta and Demitri by Jmorphman... the others are some chars by varo_hades and Lilith by Warusaki3, which are CVS only
-He was made into CvS by Rei, but if you want POTS style, see RagingRowen's edit of Froz' Remy, and also he made other Froz chars like Gill and Urien
-Alex was made by varo_hades, but RagingRowen made a splendid edit into POTS style
-There's a lot to choose: Amakusa by Testament, Genjuro by KarmaCharmeleon, Ukyo by JtheSaltyy, Jubei by Trololo, Charlotte by Gui0007, Mina and Iroha by Extravagant and Kuroko by Warusaki3 (pure CVS2)

I hope this helps. I'm too lazy to put you links, but in MFFA collections you can find them all ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  May 05, 2022, 06:29:15 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
DivineWolf has a solid Sagat you can have a shot at.

-The only i can mention is CFJ Zangief (Capcom's own intent to "resprite" him) by Gal129
-He was made into CvS by Rei, but if you want POTS style, see RagingRowen's edit of Froz' Remy, and also he made other Froz chars like Gill and Urien
-Alex was made by varo_hades, but RagingRowen made a splendid edit into POTS style
-There's a lot to choose: Amakusa by Testament, Genjuro by KarmaCharmeleon, Ukyo by JtheSaltyy, Jubei by Trololo, Charlotte by Gui0007, Mina and Iroha by Extravagant and Kuroko by Warusaki3 (pure CVS2)

I hope this helps. I'm too lazy to put you links, but in MFFA collections you can find them all ;)

A few corrections:
- Don't forgot the edit I made.
- Trololo did a Balrog/M.Bison/Boxer and Fasuto did a Vega/Balrog/Claw.
- There is no Froz Remy. You might be confusing him with Froz' Dictator which I also edited.
- That Alex is a bit subpar in retrospective since he doesn't even have a proper Flash Chop, but I've been eager to update him if a proper one doesn't get made.
- The Ukyo's actually in J's CvS2 Reimagining style which involves different grooves compared to CvS2's.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  May 05, 2022, 11:38:37 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

I don't get what you mean by SF Alpha sprites not meshing well with CvS since in the original CvS/CvS2 they reused many of the alpha sprites...
I don't know if you ONLY want edited sprites for the characters you mentioned, or if you want them with whatever style the sprites are but with CvS/PotS gameplay.
#5  May 06, 2022, 01:38:41 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I may be wrong, but are you talking about characters not appearing in CvS2 or which at least appears in that game BUT not using SFZ sprites? I'll stick to entirely new sheets finished, if that's what you need. I'll avoid half-done sheets(e.g, chuchoryu's, even he makes decent sprites, his animations/movesets are veeery incomplete). Here are some:
- Hinata Wakaba, by Li_Kun.
- Tiffanny Lords, by Li_Kun.
- C. Viper, by FeLo_Llop. There are some versions around there.
- Mars People, by FeLo_Llop. Forget it, my sheet hasn't been included in a character,lol.
- Gouken, by Benhazard.
- Takuma/ Mr.Karate/ S.Mr.Karate, by Demongorne.
- Frank West, by Balmsold.
- Lots of sprite sheets by Dampir, included in a lot of characters.
- Li Xiangfei, by Chuchoryu. I haven't checked, but whn I played her she felt very complete.
- Menat, by Chuchoryu. She's missing a thing or two, but I had to include her in the list.
- Retsu, by Lessard.
- Robert Garcia, by DGO.
- Mr. X, by SeanAlty. I'd include all his AWESOME sheets, but Ithink you're sticking to Capcom and SNK.

These are some that comes to my mind. I just said the spriters because I prefer other people to suggest you the best coded version

Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6  May 06, 2022, 04:10:37 pm
    • Netherlands
There're a lot of CVS sprited versions of other chars, mostly thanks to guys like Dampir and Marancv, now that they get POTS style... that's debatable. Here're some finds I got about them:
- Zangief
- Sagat
- Balrog
- Adon
- Remy
- Alex
-There's the SF3 Sagat sprites, but their intents to make him POTS or even CVS are also debatable (Supreme Sagat maybe?)
-Trololo made an awesome work with his Adon... and I tried to make it too but I failed
-Only Hsien-ko by the same POTS, Bulleta and Demitri by Jmorphman... the others are some chars by varo_hades and Lilith by Warusaki3, which are CVS only

Thanks!

I bunch of these I already knew, I wasn't aware of Trololo's Adon!

I don't get what you mean by SF Alpha sprites not meshing well with CvS since in the original CvS/CvS2 they reused many of the alpha sprites...
I don't know if you ONLY want edited sprites for the characters you mentioned, or if you want them with whatever style the sprites are but with CvS/PotS gameplay.

Sorry for being initially unclear.

Yeah, I know CvS/CvS2 re-used a lot of Alpha sprites, to me some of the older sprites just clashed with the CVS style sprites.

Basically I'm looking for characters with CVS styled sprites.

I may be wrong, but are you talking about characters not appearing in CvS2 or which at least appears in that game BUT not using SFZ sprites? I'll stick to entirely new sheets finished, if that's what you need. I'll avoid half-done sheets(e.g, chuchoryu's, even he makes decent sprites, his animations/movesets are veeery incomplete). Here are some:
- Hinata Wakaba, by Li_Kun.
- Tiffanny Lords, by Li_Kun.
- C. Viper, by FeLo_Llop. There are some versions around there.
- Mars People, by FeLo_Llop. Forget it, my sheet hasn't been included in a character,lol.
- Gouken, by Benhazard.
- Takuma/ Mr.Karate/ S.Mr.Karate, by Demongorne.
- Frank West, by Balmsold.
- Lots of sprite sheets by Dampir, included in a lot of characters.
- Li Xiangfei, by Chuchoryu. I haven't checked, but whn I played her she felt very complete.
- Menat, by Chuchoryu. She's missing a thing or two, but I had to include her in the list.
- Retsu, by Lessard.
- Robert Garcia, by DGO.
- Mr. X, by SeanAlty. I'd include all his AWESOME sheets, but Ithink you're sticking to Capcom and SNK.

These are some that comes to my mind. I just said the spriters because I prefer other people to suggest you the best coded version

Have a nice day!

Basically both ^^;

Thanks Felo, although I already knew a lot of these, there are some that I wasn't aware of.

On a side note, did Li Kun retire from Mugen?
I know at one point he was making spriting progress on June from Star Gladiator (that series is way underrated imho)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#7  May 06, 2022, 05:18:45 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Li_Kun was my first sprite teacher but I unfortunately lost contact with him. One thing I love in his sprites(and that I totally fail) is that his sprites has cute and lovely faces while mine...well, mine looks like harsh bitches :P . Also, I think he was also working in Rogue(power stone) for the CFAS project, but last news I have comes from a 4 years source.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#8  May 07, 2022, 12:08:42 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Thanks!

I bunch of these I already knew, I wasn't aware of Trololo's Adon!

I know at one point he was making spriting progress on June from Star Gladiator (that series is way underrated imho)
You're welcome ;) about Li Kun, I don't think so, it's just he doesn't post anywhere nor he's part of any community, but AFAIK he still makes his projects. In a time I thought he was retired then BOOM Tiffany Lords appeared from nowhere. So yeah, I think he should be working on June but probably won't know anything from him until he releases her or any other project he got

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  May 07, 2022, 09:50:20 am
    • Netherlands

Li_Kun was my first sprite teacher but I unfortunately lost contact with him. One thing I love in his sprites(and that I totally fail) is that his sprites has cute and lovely faces while mine...well, mine looks like harsh bitches :P . Also, I think he was also working in Rogue(power stone) for the CFAS project, but last news I have comes from a 4 years source.

But.. but.. I like harsh bitches XD
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

New #10  May 08, 2022, 01:55:59 am
    • Brazil
if you are looking for characters that sprites match with the cvs, in addition to those already mentioned, I can suggest as well Maverick Hunter Zero by RamzaNeko, Fiona by Lin Kun and Falcon (Power Stone) by 2DForever and SeanAlty, even if theirs versions of gameplay are not cvs/pots
Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 02:03:26 am by Darkseid DC