YesNoOk

[WIP] Diary - Feb 6 (Read 726522 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: IZ Reimu, IZ Sakuya, IZ Tenshi)
#421  September 02, 2018, 05:58:58 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Ying-Yang Asuka'i from HM/ULiL/AoCF, but behaves a bit differently. It's a melee attack this time around, but has the ability to cancel out enemy projectiles.
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Sakuya, IZ Tenshi)
#422  September 13, 2018, 10:44:54 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Welp IZ Reimu is out, so IZ Sakuya is next...

For the aspiring palette makers out there.

"I love you so much that I even touch myself with the pen I stole from you"
#423  September 14, 2018, 01:41:30 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home

"Patrona yo solo soy la sirvienta!"

If some of you are from latinamerica or, specially, mexico, you will get this reference.

I really hope this gets added because I find this so funny :)

Edit: A palette based on a character from a mexican sitcom, who's a lazy argentinian maid who does nothing but... nothing, if no one got the reference
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:49:50 pm by Shimmering Brony
#424  September 14, 2018, 05:03:31 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

"Its useless, Jojo!"

Since Sakuya will have the obligatory Dio palette, I figured I'd add a version based on Dio's Phantom Blood appearance as well. needless to say, I like how it came out.
#425  September 21, 2018, 04:57:51 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

First progress update of Sakuya and its her Unique Skill: Maid's Pocketwatch. Executing either 5A, 2A, or j5A allows Sakuya to perform a unique melee attack which have 1 hit of armor during the first few frames of the attack's startup. If Sakuya is hit during this time, pressing X, Y, or Z will cause her to teleport before finishing the rest of the attack, with the teleport distance dependent on button press. If A is pressed instead, Sakuya will teleport above her current position and throw a knife projectile; Sakuya is considered to be in an attacking state until she lands, so she's vulnerable to counterhits. Each of these Maid's Pocketwatch attacks can be cancelled into from any level Normal and can be cancelled into her Specials with the exception of the 5A teleport.
#426  September 23, 2018, 04:05:22 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:20:23 am by ink
#427  October 03, 2018, 04:12:10 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home

"I love you so much that I even touch myself with the pen I stole from you"

It hasn't occurred to me that I haven't said this for the sake of memes here:
HOW ABOUT NO

Back on topic, I'll be doing my own palette soon so be on a lookout for that.

EDIT:

"Simpson, eh?"

Yes, a pretty crappy palette based on Mr. Burns. I think it came out alright, but I've done better.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:41:09 pm by GarfieldfanMUGEN
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Tenshi)
#428  October 06, 2018, 07:50:16 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Starting work on the bratty masochist celestial. Go nuts.
#429  October 18, 2018, 03:59:08 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Those of you in the Discord server have probably seen these already, but time to show some progress on Tenshi here as well.

Heaven & Earth Press from both Soku and AoCF. Causes a wallbounce on hit and, like in Soku, can be delayed by holding the button, though this won't affect the distance the keystones travel. Also, unlike the source games, only the collision has a hitbox, so it can't be used to block incoming projectiles unless accurately timed.

Sword of Scarlet Perception from Soku. Unlike the source game, it's a piano input this time, which I figured was fitting for the move, seeing as like similar moves such as those belonging to Chunners and Honda, the number of hits can be extended by continuing to mash the inputs. No upward finisher like in Soku, though, but useful for her combos and pressure.

#430  October 22, 2018, 07:23:40 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Tenshi's Unique Skill: Awakening of Earth Spirits. Originally one of her alt skills from Hisoutensoku, it works in more or less the same way: the more times the keystone pulses, the more powerful an earthquake is released when Tenshi strikes it with a melee attack. The keystone can also be activated manually regardless of distance by pressing A again, but this has a set animation duration that may not be optimal in certain circumstances. All strengths must be blocked low, and will either cause no knockdown, a techable knockdown, or an untechable knockdown depending on how powered up the keystone is.
#431  October 24, 2018, 04:34:34 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Flight of the Celestial, an air-only special that is also one of Tenshi's new moves from AoCF. Works in pretty much the same way, except the button press determines which way Tenshi leaps. Tenshi can act after the leap, but she'll only be able to perform the move once until she touches the ground again. Can also be used to set up some crossup opportunities.
#432  October 26, 2018, 03:30:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Earth Sign "Qian & Kun Earthquake Strike", taken from AoCF, but with its functionality revised a bit. The keystone Tenshi rides on no longer has a hitbox, only the resulting pillars. In addition, the move is classed as a melee attack rather than a projectile. The landing portion of this move can also interact with Awakening of the Earth Spirits to effectively create a mixup, stunning the opponent in place at higher levels until the pillars can hit. Can deal a significant amount of damage if spaced properly.

Keystone "Kaname Funnel", based on its AoCF version. Unlike the source game, the keystones only track on the initial frames rather than constantly. Not as powerful damage-wise as her other spellcard, but more consistent as long as the opponent doesn't outrun the keystones. Should also be noted that the hitboxes don't extend to cover the entire lasers, only the center area where they converge.

#433  October 27, 2018, 11:30:13 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My hat is a pancake.
#434  October 29, 2018, 04:28:29 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Tenshi's Last Word, "Heavenly Keystone of Kashima". My thought process here was to make something functionally identical to her Last Word in AoCF, but with a different cinematic since the whole urban legend plot device isn't a thing in this game. Since I was originally going to aim to include her World Creation Press spellcard, I figured I'd include it here, even if was only a subtle reference. Since Tenshi's motif involves keystones, I figured I'd do something referencing the folktale of the Namazu, hence the name. Also doesn't help that I was thinking of the Pokemon Z-move Tectonic Rage at the time.
#435  October 29, 2018, 04:57:17 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I still think that final strike underwhelming. The build up is great though. Maybe give it a quick red flash during the last hit?
#436  October 29, 2018, 09:34:03 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Rice could go the extra mile and create a volcanic eruption effect that sends the opponent flying out of the burrow on the last hit similar to Tectonic Rage to give it that devastating impact, but that's really up to him.
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Tenshi, IZ Reisen)
#437  November 01, 2018, 07:32:44 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Tried to do a mockup of one of Reisen's AoCF sprites, but not exactly comfortable with how it turned out:

This is pretty big seeing as she has new moves and all, the real challenge is going to be doing the entire animation where she shoots during the initial spin.
#438  November 04, 2018, 08:15:48 pm

Tried to do a mockup of one of Reisen's AoCF sprites, but not exactly comfortable with how it turned out:

This is pretty big seeing as she has new moves and all, the real challenge is going to be doing the entire animation where she shoots during the initial spin.

it may look ridiculously difficult, but I'm putting my hope on you, you are wished luck by me!
#439  November 06, 2018, 04:48:15 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So some progress on Reisen:

Lunatic Shotgun, based on her unnamed attack from ULiL & AoCF, with a similar premise. Each version trades range for power, with the LP version having maximum range, but low damage, while the HP version has the most damage, but the shortest range. You may also notice another sprite edit to make the sprites more consistent with her actual pose from AoCF.

Disorder Eye, originally one of her alt skills from SWR and Soku, and later returning in ULiL and AoCF, albeit with drastically different functionality. The LP and MP versions are based on its AoCF incarnation, which act as a non-damaging teleport, while the HP version is based on the SWR/Soku version where it becomes a melee attack. The HP version also serves as her Guard Cancel.
#440  November 09, 2018, 03:44:55 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Though the sprite ended up being unused, I did manage to get some use out of it as a palette template.

And with that, we need the obligatory:

"Better to be #2 than #1"