YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247592 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#241  July 08, 2020, 09:03:53 am
    • Brazil
Sean, have you considered updating some of the voices? There are some characters in the current roster that would sound much better with their most recent voices:

• Alex/Charlie/Chun-Li/Ken/Ryu - Street Fighter V
  • Blaze - Streets of Rage 4 (though I'm not sure if you'll find rips, but if you do, there is the suggestion)
  • Jin Kazama - Street Fighter X Tekken (not really the most recent, but the only one in english)
  • Megaman - Megaman 11
  • Morrigan/Strider Hiryu - Marvel VS Capcom Infinite
  • Scorpion/Sub-Zero - Mortal Kombat 11 (dunno if these are ripped either, but I know Mortal Kombat X' ones are)
  • Skullomania - Fighting EX Layer
  • Sol - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  • Superman - Injustice 2

I know this would be a damn lot, but its just a suggestion, of course.

P.S.: Yes, I know this is a repost, but I accidentally deleted the first one, because I'm an idiot.
#242  July 08, 2020, 09:09:08 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
  • Blaze - Streets of Rage 4 (though I'm not sure if you'll find rips, but if you do, there is the suggestion)

There is SOR4 Blaze rips.
But her sprite style will definitely not match the game graphics. ^^;
#243  July 08, 2020, 09:22:58 am
    • Brazil
#244  July 08, 2020, 11:51:46 am
    • Mexico
Some of those characters have custom voices from freelance voice actors that Sean invested quite a lot of time into obtaining and I think they just fine, a lot of them have grown on me personally.
#245  July 08, 2020, 12:38:55 pm
Doesn't DivineWolf's KFM already have voices? If you want to add voices, use those.
#246  July 08, 2020, 10:01:36 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Oh yeah, speaking of voices, do you have an actor for Mario, or are you gonna go with the good ol' "rip lines straight from the movie" approach?
#247  July 08, 2020, 10:24:09 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Doesn't DivineWolf's KFM already have voices? If you want to add voices, use those.

DivineWolf's KFM has plenty of voices, plus, much more polished sprites, here's some showcases of mine, for all of you to see:

Oh yeah, speaking of voices, do you have an actor for Mario, or are you gonna go with the good ol' "rip lines straight from the movie" approach?

I proposed myself to do it, but it was on Youtube, so i figured he didn't saw it or something. So...

I'd like to send some samples Sean, if you are okay with that.
Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:31:46 am by AVPboy
#248  July 12, 2020, 05:20:22 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Macaulyn97

Yeah, as was mentioned, a lot of those voices are from VAs over at Voice Acting Club that I had an audition process for and everything. Considering how things have turned out for me using those guys (Kira Buckland and Amber Lee Connors did voices for me before going on to work on tons of cool stuff like Street Fighter V and My Hero Academia), I don't really wanna lose them. The only one I might replace is Blaze's. The Capcom characters you mentioned all have the same VAs in the newer games you referenced, so no real point in updating them. I do need to seek out those Jin SFxT rips, because he's one of the only Japanese VAs I never changed (along with the other Jin, Saotome, weird). Sol is voiced by my dude Jared J. Lee, who voiced Thirteen, Ruckus, Donny and Zenith for SHADEs, that guy is awesome. I'm shocked every day he hasn't blown up huge in the VA biz. Scorpion and Sub-Zero voices are by SlenderMan/Ignis55, and I';ve always liked them, especially Scorpion's.

@CyborgSun

No, I'm going to try to get someone to do an impersonation or something similar. I don't think getting one that sounds dead-on is possible, so we may have to settle on someone doing a unique voice that fits the look of the character.

@AVPBoy

Thanks for the tip on the stage, I've downloaded it and I'm about to check it out. It looks like it would fit the aesthetic of the stage. Plus I love rainy stages. Alsol, hell yeah, send me some voice samples through PM, I'd love to hear them as long as your recording equipment is good quality.

I downloaded DW's KFM a long while ago and didn't realize he did a voice for him, so if it's alright with him, I will use those.

I was also hoping to do somebody's voice myself, just for fun and to get some use out of this expensive mic setup I bought for rapping, lol.

Download Last Bout now!
#249  July 12, 2020, 06:04:00 pm
    • Brazil
Would you mind if I made those voice packs as a patch outside of the official release, then?
#250  July 12, 2020, 07:21:24 pm
    • Mexico
Why don’t you try your hand at voicing Joe?

#251  July 12, 2020, 07:59:31 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I am still curious Sean, what did you think of my suggestions for KFM's level 3? I think it would help to spice up that level 3 slightly
#252  July 12, 2020, 08:46:41 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Macaulyn97

Go ahead man, all of my stuff is open source and can be used and edited how ever people want

@PBRTODD101

I actually already have a friend lined up for that. Back when he was being developed for MFG Street Fighter there was talk that the guy he was based on was from North Carolina. Despite growing up here, I don't have much of a discernible accent and can't really do an NC one, but a friend of mine has it and it's not annoying or over the top, plus he has the enthusiasm necessary. I just gotta get the stuff recorded. BTW, if anyone is wondering what a North Carolina accent sounds like, check out Danny McBride, or if you're a wrestling fan, check out Trevor Lee/Cameron Grimes, he's legitimately from my current town, Burlington.

@XANDERAC

I may add something like that in, but part of the appeal of the Kungofusatsu was how simple it was while also serving a purpose and kind of being a FGC in-joke.

Download Last Bout now!
#253  July 12, 2020, 08:52:30 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
this is all good news to hear.

@SeanAltly Akuma is almost ready. I'm going over some bugs as well as adding some effects to the fierce specials. I've taken your advice and replaced the SF3 sprite conversions with the original CvS sprites. I only kept the back dash and 2 of the shoryuken start-up sprites that I could easily use. Soon as I can I'll send for final testing on your part as release should he be deemed ready. After which I'll get back to Ermac and Reptile asap. Lots of brainstorming to do with them as sprites are limited for them.

also thank you for the compliment on my voice work. I appreciate it.
#254  July 14, 2020, 02:50:13 am
    • Brazil
@Macaulyn97

Go ahead man, all of my stuff is open source and can be used and edited how ever people want
Great! I'll wait for the next release, though, to make sure I patch the most updated version.
#255  July 15, 2020, 04:35:25 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

@AVPBoy

Thanks for the tip on the stage, I've downloaded it and I'm about to check it out. It looks like it would fit the aesthetic of the stage. Plus I love rainy stages. Alsol, hell yeah, send me some voice samples through PM, I'd love to hear them as long as your recording equipment is good quality.

I downloaded DW's KFM a long while ago and didn't realize he did a voice for him, so if it's alright with him, I will use those.

I was also hoping to do somebody's voice myself, just for fun and to get some use out of this expensive mic setup I bought for rapping, lol.

All right then Sean, i just sended some examples on your inbox for you to judge, if there's a clear idea of what you want me to do, please, direct me with that idea and send me the typed quotes and grunts you want me to perform, Thanks.
#256  July 15, 2020, 04:50:52 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Sean, once you release your Fiona, is it okay if I take some animations from her to add them to my version?
#257  July 15, 2020, 05:47:55 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@ZombieNeko

Fiona's sprites are made by Li Kun and are already out there in his version, I haven't made any new actual sprites save for the little sprites for the antimony powder and the magnesia. That being said, everything I release is always open source and can be used for absolutely whatever you want, it's been in my signature below for quite a while.

@AVPBoy

I received them and will be PMing you soon

Download Last Bout now!
#258  July 15, 2020, 07:59:33 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

DW

#259  July 19, 2020, 07:22:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I didn't VA KFM. A user here by the name of @Gritsmaster: did. I can't speak for him, though I don't think he'd mind. I think it's a cool idea to include KFM. He is the Mugen/Elecbyte rep after all.
#260  July 19, 2020, 07:47:16 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Kung Fu Man needs more love! (?)