YesNoOk

Projectile fails to hit opponent at a certain position and distance (Read 3381 times)

Started by Redben, April 07, 2020, 02:50:07 pm
Share this topic:
Projectile fails to hit opponent at a certain position and distance
#1  April 07, 2020, 02:50:07 pm
    • Morocco
Hi, the problem I'm facing is as follows: after Igniz surpasses a certain distance between him and the opponent char, and uses Pillar move and follows it directly with the "ball" move: the latter doesn't hit the opponent; while when it's used independently without directly following the pillar: it hits perfectly fine.
(please I urge you to watch this few seconds long video for further understanding of what I'm referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X8cWLkOM0)

If you have any idea on what I should try modifying in order to solve this problem and enable the ball to hit the opponent whenever and, from whatever point it is launched, directly after the pillar is executed; please share them: thank you very much in advance.
Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:28:18 pm by Redben
Re: Projectile fails to hit opponent at a certain position and distance
#2  April 08, 2020, 06:44:28 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  April 08, 2020, 12:22:44 pm
    • Morocco
#4  April 08, 2020, 06:40:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So it looks like it should hit. Have you used Ctrl+C to make sure the hitboxes overlap?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  April 08, 2020, 07:19:59 pm
    • Morocco
#6  April 09, 2020, 02:49:02 pm
    • Morocco
So it looks like it should hit. Have you used Ctrl+C to make sure the hitboxes overlap?

I've just discovered smth new: the problem isn't with the ball move but rather with the pillar.
I did increase the speed of the pillar projectile; as a result the ball is capable to hit the opponent from a longer distance than before: meaning the more fast the pillar projectile is, the more distance is covered for the ball in order to hit.
There is also another reason why I think so: if I follow the pillar with another pillar: the more faster the projectile is, the more distance is covered to make pillar combos.
Here's a 20 seconds long video that shows what I mean more concretly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAkgIZtwcrg

I think I might open another discussion page exclusively dedicated to this pillar problem.