YesNoOk

[ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (11/21/2023) (Read 198025 times)

Started by ZolidSone, July 28, 2022, 11:02:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Gunvolt Updated (1/31/2023)
#21  January 31, 2023, 10:03:08 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Gunvolt has recieved another update. This is mostly to cover the recent feedback on OHMSBY's characters, custom palettes, more bug fixes and the addition of super text:
-Added new custom palettes by me (2-3), SegGel2009 (4), LazyBeatsDiego (5-6) and included the rest from Kater15 (7-12).
-Changed his size and velocity constants as certain ones were not accurate for the NOY/EXA updates and on OHMSBY's Blade Strangers characters.
-Fixed the Dead Angle Attack that was accidentally broken when updating to NOY/EXA and where it gained a small amount of meter after hitting the opponent with it.
-Fixed an error where his helper would trigger a debug error if he was put in a custom state when the NOY or Astral Heat indicator aura is active.
-Fixed an error where he would slide a little bit when performing a standing dodge after landing.
-Removed the velset on the 2C as there wasn't any in the source game.
-Fixed an error where Cerberus B wouldn't register the first 2 hits when used by itself.
-Adjusted the hitbox of Naga where it wouldn't hit certain opponents if they are too close to him.
-Adjusted EX Dragonsphere so it can only be used once until the projectile disappears.
-Fixed an error where the air version of Luxcalibur can reach farther than the ground version.
-Distortion Drives and Excced Accel now properly displays the respective super text during the finish animation.
-Slight pixel adjustments to the Awakening Cut In portrait.
-Slightly changed the visuals of Volatic Thunder so it doesn't recycle the same one as his intro and Astral Heat winpose.
-Fixed other miscellaneous errors.

As for progress on Shovel Knight, it's still in the works. But very slowly and didn't get much done on him for the past two months. So I have nothing to show for him right now.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  February 01, 2023, 01:48:35 am
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
For Shovel Knight, are you going to use the same Astral as Orochi or make your own?
#23  February 01, 2023, 05:15:12 am
  • Slowly getting there
    • Mexico
Excellent work, glad to see him updated to match current OHMSBY-style gameplay, I hope we'll see an AI too sometime.
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (8/03/2023)
#24  August 03, 2023, 11:10:26 pm
    • USA
Latest Release: Shovel Knight P2

Direct Link for Shovel Knight P2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_nuS9ZhO1bjURVzoToJlH6bdpbByeWA/view

Link to Google Drive for all Character Edits: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Flp85WS784HDO-Fl2WR6Va9thBmvh5L

Link to Google Drive for all Voice Patches (Check the txt on each rar to see which author are they for): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eopvujqi5mcfXadzsc7wkNdtZRL350Fa

After months of IRL and lack of motivation, my Shovel Knight is finally finished. I returned to him back in the beginning of July and was planning on releasing him by the 31st. He was delayed for 3 days due to the recent feedback I given regarding the MBTL characters, the Ultra Burst being rapid cancelable and fixing his Astral Heat. Due to Tornillo Oxidado releasing his own version of Shovel Knight, I decided to do a last minute change to his default palette and portraits to different ones when his preview video was shown, similar to the Undine sprite patch I made for Ichida's Asuna. Mine will be based on the Co-op mode where Player 2 plays as the green Shovel Knight in Shovel of Hope. That way, he can continue updating his as he sees fit. Even though there is already a Player 2 palette in Blade Strangers, I find it too bright and rather made modifications to the default one. His original portaits and cut ins will be included in the "Alternate Portraits" folder so anyone can feel free to change it back if they choose to. Gunvolt has also recieved an update to address the recent feedback as well.

Change Log:
Shovel Knight P2:
-EXA Update has been applied. More Info here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s9ySAFwmIriLWjqfqI85obh6GorL-Xv7/view?usp=sharing
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
  -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
   +All Distortion Drives deal 20% more damage (Stacks with Ultra Burst's damage buff)
   +Immediately Gain 500 Meter
   +Slowly gain meter overtime
   +Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
  -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
  -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Completely reorganized the SFF, AIR, CMD and SND files.
-Removed existing traces of leftover code, effects and animations from OHMSBY's Yang.
-Changed his default palette and portraits to match his Player 2 colors (Original renders included in the "Alternate Portraits" folder).
-Added new custom palettes by Carter-M (4-6) and ParadoxPunk (7-12).
-Fixed some hitsparks and guard sparks on certain attacks that were misaligned.
-Added slash hit sounds to all of his shovel based attacks.
-Fixed some command normals that doesn't cause knock down when it hits in the air.
-Fixed sprite (203,3) where parts of his toes on his back foot cuts off.
-Fixed an error where he could somehow chain 2B into jC.
-Old jBB is now jB.
-Old jB is now jC.
-Down jA is now his air grab animation.
-Changed his air throw so it's not recycled from his jC.
-Changed his 66A with sprites based on the 5E Anti Air used on Blade Strangers.
-Fixed his 66B so now he properly jumps when using it and rapid cancels in the air when successfully hits.
-Changed the command for Charge Handle so it's just for the B version.
-Removed the super armor on Charge Handle as it was leftover code from OHMSBY's Yang.
-Fixed an error where Trench Blade could not be used again for 2 seconds and can't be rapid canceled.
-The projectiles for Trench Blade can now hit the opponent during the lie down state.
-Fixed Propeller Dagger where it doesn't cause knock down an added an air dash effect to the EX version.
-Change the explod for War Horn into radius effects.
-Added the vignette effect to War Horn and Hail the Troupple King!
-Changed his size and velocity constants as certain ones were not accurate for the NOY/EXA updates and on OHMSBY's Blade Strangers characters.
-Fixed the Dead Angle Attack where it would not hit, uses a different attack animation and gained a small amount of meter after hitting the opponent with it.
-Fixed an error where his helper would trigger a debug error if he was put in a custom state when the NOY or Astral Heat indicator aura is active.
-Fixed an error where he would slide a little bit when performing a standing dodge after landing.
-Added the ability to parry.
-Added super text for the Distortion Drives and Excced Accel during the finish animation.
-Removed the (F,D,DF,F,B) reversal as it's not one in source and uses the wrong sound clip (Which is supposed to used be for Shovel Drop).
-Added Exceed Accel: Strike the Earth (Based on one of the attacks when fighting Shovel Knight as a secret boss in Azure Striker Gunvolt 2).
-Replaced Showdown astral heat with a new one called Steel Thy Shovel.
-Fixed other miscellaneous errors.

Gunvolt:
-AI scaling added courtesy of Ichida.
-Fixed an error where the NOY sound effect doesn't play when using the Distortion Drives in the air when Not Over Yet was reached.
-Fixed an error where he could rapid cancel his Ultra Burst.
-Fixed an error where 5BB deals slightly less damage with 2 tags compared to 1.
-Fixed an error where he could be hit during Astrasphere.
-Slight sound adjustments to Voltaic Chains and the Astral Heat Win animations.

Note to anyone who thought my Shovel Knight was canceled, I never announced that I did and was already too far into it to do so. Please understand for those who care that I also help OHMSBY, Ichida and Resentone with their projects and any feedback I give to them will also carry over to my projects. I rather show nothing than something unfinished. Now that is out of the way, here was what else I was trying to work on over the past couple of months:

These are my next two edits. Angel Yuuki and Herashi Nezayu (EX variant of Ichida's Yuuki and custom variant of Resentone's Shiki Tohno respectively). Been trying to work on these two alongside Shovel Knight since Ichida's released regular Yuuki and making sprite edits for Herashi. Now you know why I haven't provided updates on the thread since and I don't work fast like those 3. That is all I have for now.
Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 06:39:42 am by ZolidSone
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (8/03/2023)
#25  August 04, 2023, 04:47:10 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Got some feedbacks for your Shovel Knight:
- Not sure if this is intentional but I think 5B, and 5BB swish sound could be changed to a stronger one (0,2-3).
- His 66A, and jB swish sound could be changed to a stronger one as well.
- Running Grab into a Distortion Drive is a lot harder to execute as it won't perform on hit, changing:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- State 5201 (Air get-hit (fall recovery on ground)) still have 5210,0+random%3 instead of 5210,0+random%2 because of the voicelines only having 2.
- He lacks AI.

Other than the leftover codes (like Reversal Beat varset in -2) I think that's all I can find. A pretty good release Zolid and I think it's worth the wait.

These are my next two edits. Angel Yuuki and Herashi Nezayu (EX variant of Ichida's Yuuki and custom variant of Resentone's Shiki Tohno respectively).
Hey if you need help with the testing, and AI coding for Herashi let me know. I might be able to help with you with that.
#26  August 04, 2023, 05:18:11 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Regarding Gunvolt, his AI should scale with engine's difficulty now as I've updated the patch again. Look here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EyIPACuOt4fQpClnLclSgu4vQ0Mq51Z/view

As for Angel Yuuki, I assume there will be a few differences in her moveset comparing to the original version. So chances are I'll be coming back to give her a new AI that fits your edit more than her default AI. Until then, Looking forward to seeing her and Herashi coming down the pipeline.
#27  August 04, 2023, 06:45:36 am
  • Life is maybe daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
You know, i really enjoyed this Shovel Knight, and in my opinion, it's better than mine. But i need to comment some things:
-The enemy can't recover after being hit when Shovel Knight does Charge Handle EX, i know you have set a var(25) for recover but still the enemy can't recover from the hit. I had this exact problem with Noel and Makoto but i'm sorry i don't remember how exactly i fixed it.
-He doesn't have a QCB_a motion, and he doesn't have a reversal.
I was surprised about this because i know in BBTAG every character has a reversal action, even the characters who originally doesn't have a "DP", in BBTAG they have it to make things balanced, same thing with the QCB/F motions, it feels like he is in a certain disadvantage, the parry is good but still i don't think it can really "replace" the reversal.
-And now i get it why you commented about SK's size, he's small compared to mine, i'm thinking to reduce the size of my SK too to match yours.

And i did an AI for Shovel Knight. Like my recent characters i modified the common file to increase their "guard" reaction so he will not just forward dodging everything and he will actually guard against beams or enemy's helpers, but since he doesn't have a reversal he can't counter close enemies, he also can parry sometimes. Scaling included.
Let me know if you find something weird because i tend to forgot important things.
Thanks again for your feedback in my thread, and great release, i loved the new AH Finish.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/125BNLTfqO8QbXEQOrTMuKEDyoKrZBP8E/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:27:08 am by TornilloOxidado
#28  August 04, 2023, 09:42:00 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
I found another error when testing him out.
- Performing Trench Blade really close to the opponent will make most of his projectile miss completely. (tested on Hugo stupa training.)

I was surprised about this because i know in BBTAG every character has a reversal action, even the characters who originally doesn't have a "DP", in BBTAG they have it to make things balanced, same thing with the QCB/F motions, it feels like he is in a certain disadvantage, the parry is good but still i don't think it can really "replace" the reversal.
I don't think this styled characters necessarily need a reversal. My Hisui doesn't have one and I think she's pretty well balanced. As long as their core move set is good (like being able to counter aerial opponents) I guess it's fine. Though I kind of agree with the QCB/F motions, it's kinda weird not having the QCB_A and QCF_A/B being the exact same thing (Looking through his cmd input and they share the same state). but I guess it's intentional. reason to why I did not point it out in my earlier post.
Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:06:59 am by Resentone
#29  August 04, 2023, 02:31:20 pm
    • USA
All fixed with the exception of Shovel Knight's AI. I still don't know how to make it at the moment, but I'll learn how to myself eventually. Gunvolt is updated with the new AI patch as well. Please redownload, but I won't count them as an official updates this time around.

Hey if you need help with the testing, and AI coding for Herashi let me know. I might be able to help with you with that.
Sure thing. I didn't ask you to help me for Shovel Knight because I knew you were too busy with your own characters, but I added yours and Tornillo's names to the readme so I can credit you for the feedback anyway. I hope Kaito Kuroba also wouldn't mind me using some of his sprites as well, but I will edit some of them so he isn't smiling like Nanaya.

Regarding Gunvolt, his AI should scale with engine's difficulty now as I've updated the patch again.
The AI has been applied to him as well. Thanks.

As for Angel Yuuki, I assume there will be a few differences in her moveset comparing to the original version. So chances are I'll be coming back to give her a new AI that fits your edit more than her default AI. Until then, Looking forward to seeing her and Herashi coming down the pipeline.
Been waiting to announce these two officially for quite a while, but Shovel Knight mostly got in the way. Multitasking was really what made him got delayed and why it took so long to get him out. There were times where I didn't even want to work on him at all, but I had to since I did technically say he was my next edit after Gunvolt. Now I can focus on them finally and not get burnt out working on 3 edits at the same time.

-The enemy can't recover after being hit when Shovel Knight does Charge Handle EX, i know you have set a var(25) for recover but still the enemy can't recover from the hit. I had this exact problem with Noel and Makoto but i'm sorry i don't remember how exactly i fixed it.
I decided to change the way how it works. It now slams the opponent to the wall instead. I actually used the same targetstate value for the forward/backwards throws and that's probably the reason why it didn't allow the opponent to recover at all. So I created a new statedef for it, which allows recovery. So hopefully it better now.

Yeah, he really doesn't have one in Blade Strangers and didn't want to use the "Shovel Knockdown" as you call it since it wasn't an official move used in the source. I wanted his moveset to mostly specialize on the Shovel Drop. That's why his Exceed Accel and Astral Heat had animations of him doing that. But maybe I can make a reversal that makes it into one, so I'll think about it.

-And now i get it why you commented about SK's size, he's small compared to mine, i'm thinking to reduce the size of my SK too to match yours.
It's the same size k6666orochi used for his, so it was best I kept it that way. I noticed yours looked upscaled when I tested him the first time.

And i did an AI for Shovel Knight. Like my recent characters i modified the common file to increase their "guard" reaction so he will not just forward dodging everything and he will actually guard against beams or enemy's helpers, but since he doesn't have a reversal he can't counter close enemies, he also can parry sometimes. Scaling included.
Let me know if you find something weird because i tend to forgot important things.
Thanks again for your feedback in my thread, and great release, i loved the new AH Finish.
I tried it and it's not functioning properly for me. For some reason, it crashed when it got an error parsing [State -1, Forward Dodge]. I removed the ) and fixed it. However, it was getting division by zero and tried to access non-existent player with id 0 debug errors. It also got an in state 1003: changed to invalid state 1003 (from state 420) debug error and got stuck into a 2C loop. For now, I won't use it as it's causing the character to get debug errors at the moment. And I don't believe it's coming from the character itself.

No problem. Feel free to take a look at him in-depth and use something from mine if it helps improves yours.
#30  August 04, 2023, 03:25:02 pm
  • Life is maybe daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
The Division by Zero debug warning is something that is present in every OHMSBY, Resentone, Ichida and my characters for some reason when both characters are controlled by the AI. It really happens at a random time, but for what i see all this time it doesn't happen anything dangerous in the match.

As for the AI i fixed the 2C loop because i forgot to change a state as i also forgot that you used the same state 1000 for all versions of Charge Handle, sorry.

I don't think this styled characters necessarily need a reversal. My Hisui doesn't have one and I think she's pretty well balanced. As long as their core move set is good (like being able to counter aerial opponents) I guess it's fine. Though I kind of agree with the QCB/F motions, it's kinda weird not having the QCB_A and QCF_A/B being the exact same thing (Looking through his cmd input and they share the same state). but I guess it's intentional. reason to why I did not point it out in my earlier post.
I see, i thought having a reversal it was like a "rule" in this style.
Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 03:38:47 pm by TornilloOxidado
#31  August 05, 2023, 12:26:16 am
- Both characters seem to have the POTS style victory font after a character finishes a hyper from K6666orochi
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (11/21/2023)
#32  November 21, 2023, 08:36:36 am
    • USA
I decided to do a quick update to Shovel Knight P2 and Gunvolt mostly to fix the vestigial bug Foobs mentioned on OHMSBY's thread along with some other bug fixes. As for Angel Yuuki and Herashi Nezayu, I don't have anything on them right now as I've been busy with other stuff for the past few months. But they will have that bug fixed on release whenever that happens.

Change Log:
Shovel Knight P2:
-Fixed a vestigial bug on the common file that makes certain tight juggles harder or impossible to do.
-Adjusted the sparknos on certain command normals.
-Small adjustments to hit animations.
-Added a missing sound effect I forgot on his taunt.
-Fixed the treasure chest during his taunt so it won't disappear upon hit.
-Slightly nerfed the speed of his air dashes as he previously moves way too fast.
-Fixed an error where the X appears for the opponent's Burst icon on OHMSBY styled characters after getting hit by Hail the Troupple King! and using ground command normals on them right after.
-Slight aesthetic adjustments to Steel Thy Shovel.

Gunvolt:
-Fixed a vestigial bug on the common file that makes certain tight juggles harder or impossible to do.
-Adjusted the sparknos on certain command normals.
-Adjusted the tag reticles so it now properly tracks the opponent's mid.pos.
-Adjusted Astrasphere's invulnerability as he can now be hit when the effect disappears.

- Both characters seem to have the POTS style victory font after a character finishes a hyper from K6666orochi
I know this is late, but this is intentional as I'm the one who added it, not k6666orochi. This will be the gimmick I plan for any OHMSBY's styled characters I'll make.