YesNoOk

MASTERTKOF 3D RIP. Comissions and Free chars (Read 573972 times)

Started by Mastertkof, October 24, 2021, 08:22:25 pm
Share this topic:
MASTERTKOF 3D RIP. Comissions and Free chars
#1  October 24, 2021, 08:22:25 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
FREE CHARS:
ANGEL KOF XIV -> KOF XIII Released:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vzexw3auc1lmtj1/ANGEL_KOF_XIII.7z/file
HOW TO USE:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Laura released

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oecjdtltdqk2oy3/LAURA.7z/file

Sakura released

https://www.mediafire.com/file/506mp4qabya495t/SKR+CVS+PROTO+SPRITE.7z/file
COMISSIONS:

RELEASES:
Angel 11/11/2021 -> 
Menat 25'12'2022
Laura 30'12'2021
Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 01:39:31 pm by Mastertkof
Re: Angel KOF XIV 3d rendered on XIII style based shader
#2  October 24, 2021, 09:38:27 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Interesting.
And glad to see you're still around even if we have no news of SF3 Sakura.

Your Angel looks good. I first thought the head is big. BUT it fits KOF XIII style, so it looks good.

I would give angel slightly bigger legs. I think she's more muscular than Athena.

Also, seems like her hip area is too "short". I mean the height/length of hip looks not "tall" enough.
Compared to other KOF XIII girls and compared to her classic appearance
Hope you can fix it, because it give strange feeling.

Beside of that, it looks good, particularly the animation.
#3  October 24, 2021, 10:03:05 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Interesting.
And glad to see you're still around even if we have no news of SF3 Sakura.

Your Angel looks good. I first thought the head is big. BUT it fits KOF XIII style, so it looks good.

I would give angel slightly bigger legs. I think she's more muscular than Athena.

Also, seems like her hip area is too "short". I mean the height/length of hip looks not "tall" enough.
Compared to other KOF XIII girls and compared to her classic appearance
Hope you can fix it, because it give strange feeling.

Beside of that, it looks good, particularly the animation.

we will do 4th assault of course, but is a hard project

this angel is to develop some skills

and nice point, i agree with you, hips and crotch seems better with this adjust

Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:09:16 pm by Mastertkof
#4  October 24, 2021, 11:35:40 pm
Don't look nothing like the original KOF sprites.
When they used 3d models to do this, sprites were touched up.

All you've done is ripped or grabbed and Angel model and put some shading on it.
If you modeled Angel thats a decent model of her but again its hard to pull of the effect your trying to achieve with no touch ups or spriting skills.
#5  October 25, 2021, 02:58:30 am
    • Germany
#6  October 25, 2021, 07:30:38 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

All you've done is ripped or grabbed and Angel model and put some shading on it.
If you modeled Angel thats a decent model of her but again its hard to pull of the effect your trying to achieve with no touch ups or spriting skills.

"kof xii style based" and is a wip
btw never will reach same level as manual edit, is just a trick to do it fast

What about this?
https://kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/index.php

long ago, yes, but is much hours to do it, i will only mimic it on blender with some less polishment

#7  October 25, 2021, 11:37:20 am
great work. the only issue I see is the shadows on the face give her a harsh  masculine look, I don't know if it's the nature of the model or the lighting, maybe if you can mod it also slightly bigger eyes would help?
#8  October 25, 2021, 03:20:36 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Result is way better.
But I feel like her legs are somewhat short.
And perhaps waist a bit too narrow... (I don't know...)

KOF XIII have shorter upper bodies I think.

Yes, sure it can be a good way to automatise the proccess and have minimal editing after it.
#9  October 26, 2021, 03:59:24 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
great work. the only issue I see is the shadows on the face give her a harsh  masculine look, I don't know if it's the nature of the model or the lighting, maybe if you can mod it also slightly bigger eyes would help?

nice tip
agreed

Result is way better.
But I feel like her legs are somewhat short.
And perhaps waist a bit too narrow... (I don't know...)

KOF XIII have shorter upper bodies I think.

Yes, sure it can be a good way to automatise the proccess and have minimal editing after it.

nice tips too, agreed
will be a shader, this is a paralel project, i can't waste much time outside 4th assault

Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 04:54:17 am by Mastertkof
#10  October 26, 2021, 07:26:21 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
alpha version done:

Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:38:10 am by Mastertkof
#11  October 26, 2021, 09:23:07 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Now, we're talking!
Good update.  Promising!!
#12  October 27, 2021, 05:09:33 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:29:23 am by Mastertkof
#13  October 29, 2021, 10:48:05 pm
Here's my take, edited manually. Mostly fixing colors, limiting the palette and few details:

My suggestion is to do a gray render first because with a professional software you can limit the color amount to 7 tones, which is how KoF XII shading is.

Then I suggest to do a render with a color separation, like the ones you do but with more saturated colors avoiding white/gray/black tones. If you can get it to be pure colors it would be excellent, if not, something similar so you can saturate the palette with the professional software.

And then what you do is to overlap the gray render with the color separated render.

*The extra renders I suggest are for a more accurate palette. It should ease the issue you have with the renders that have 256 colors. Which is a real issue. My example image should have 42 colors tops (6 separations x 7 tones each).

What is cool about the gray render is that you can manually edit stuff here and there without worrying about the palette. And after that you overlap the color separated render or even better you do a custom CS, with the 3d render as a guide.

Also, the textures would be better if they have more glossiness in the hair, clothes and skin.

The last renders you did have a shading that reminds me more of SF3 style rather than XII, the first versions you did were closer to XII, with a more absolute and simpler shadow. The last version has overlapping shadows, it's more noticeable on her right leg you can see a X shape due the multiple shadows.

This project looks promising.

#14  October 30, 2021, 04:42:51 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Yeah, this is a rather promising project indeed, with some cleaning and miniman rescaling it could pass for the real thing

│ㄷ ▌result is pretty incredible actually  :o best of luck, fascinating prospect all around
Chilling
#15  October 30, 2021, 11:24:41 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I think I said this before, but the only thing that looks "off" are the frames.
They should be a lot fewer than what you have right now if you're going for the XIII look.
#16  November 02, 2021, 12:43:27 pm
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist

The ability with render modeling is still a desireble part. althougth the extra torture hell mile (Manual post work) would be desible.
Still, it's a ability I want to learn if time wasn't finite. for a good amount of projects, this is a underrated gift. (Like Yumurama for example)

The only thing I think that could be done is keeping only the Key frames to avoid excess.
#17  November 03, 2021, 02:22:45 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Here's my take, edited manually. Mostly fixing colors, limiting the palette and few details:

My suggestion is to do a gray render first because with a professional software you can limit the color amount to 7 tones, which is how KoF XII shading is.

Then I suggest to do a render with a color separation, like the ones you do but with more saturated colors avoiding white/gray/black tones. If you can get it to be pure colors it would be excellent, if not, something similar so you can saturate the palette with the professional software.

And then what you do is to overlap the gray render with the color separated render.

*The extra renders I suggest are for a more accurate palette. It should ease the issue you have with the renders that have 256 colors. Which is a real issue. My example image should have 42 colors tops (6 separations x 7 tones each).

What is cool about the gray render is that you can manually edit stuff here and there without worrying about the palette. And after that you overlap the color separated render or even better you do a custom CS, with the 3d render as a guide.

Also, the textures would be better if they have more glossiness in the hair, clothes and skin.

The last renders you did have a shading that reminds me more of SF3 style rather than XII, the first versions you did were closer to XII, with a more absolute and simpler shadow. The last version has overlapping shadows, it's more noticeable on her right leg you can see a X shape due the multiple shadows.

This project looks promising.

Nice points
agreed

I think I said this before, but the only thing that looks "off" are the frames.
They should be a lot fewer than what you have right now if you're going for the XIII look.

i will let blender generate it so much, to give options to the coder, i know this is too much for the styles, but i preffer to the coder remove it

The ability with render modeling is still a desireble part. althougth the extra torture hell mile (Manual post work) would be desible.
Still, it's a ability I want to learn if time wasn't finite. for a good amount of projects, this is a underrated gift. (Like Yumurama for example)

The only thing I think that could be done is keeping only the Key frames to avoid excess.

thank you bro... you're always a reference about pixel art edit... of curse it helps, is ot so hard to create shaders, give a try

so, that's a short project
but like so many people are interessed on this sprites, i will refine it more, before render all moves...
keep posting feedback and i will can improve it easiest
#18  November 08, 2021, 04:02:23 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:49:27 am by Mastertkof
#19  November 08, 2021, 09:41:11 am
  • Why,
Oh my, cool!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help