YesNoOk

Ikemen Help (Read 3835 times)

Started by Kamikaze Black, April 22, 2016, 10:01:30 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen Help
New #1  April 22, 2016, 10:01:30 pm
  • Fresh Prince of Nowhere
    • USA
Seeing NetMugen and CvS Universe inspired me to make my own Full Game based around having netplay feature. Now I have a decent roster which is continuing to grow but the thing holding me back is the screenpack! I have watched the ikemen tutorials i can find but none of them really elaborate on main menu design or the most important (in my opinion) the character select screen. No one has any tutorial on how to make a select screen similar to the CvSU select screen or anything close(most ikemen have the same default select with just the background changed). Is there anyone that can help? Thanks.

Edit: Did anyone figure out how to 3v3 in ikemen yet? Or any new developments in the engine?
Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:54:13 am by TheFclass97
Re: Ikemen Help
#2  April 23, 2016, 01:56:02 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
#3  April 23, 2016, 02:21:51 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Seeing NetMugen and CvS Universe inspired me to make my own Full Game based around having netplay feature. Now I have a decent roster which is continuing to grow but the thing holding me back is the screenpack! I have watched the ikemen tutorials i can find but none of them really elaborate on main menu design or the most important (in my opinion) the character select screen. No one has any tutorial on how to make a select screen similar to the CvSU select screen or anything close(most ikemen have the same default select with just the background changed). Is there anyone that can help? Thanks.

Funny enough, I did help make that char select somewhat (but obviously I didn't break it like he ended up doing), and I have seen your comment before and responded to it on YouTube. As far as sprites and such for the screenpack (with main menu and char select design and all that), the video Rodknee linked to ya will help you a LONG way. However, if you're referring to having one roster shown (rather than the standard two the IKEMEN gives you), there is of course a way. I might end up making a video of it very soon (like I stated in the YouTube comment). But if you do feel a bit impatient, I may explain it to you here in text (although be it, it might end up a bit confusing since I'm not particularly good at helping through text). If you need any assistance, feel free to respond... Thank you... hope this helps somewhat...
#4  April 23, 2016, 02:41:34 am
    • USA

Funny enough, I did help make that char select somewhat (but obviously I didn't break it like he ended up doing), and I have seen your comment before and responded to it on YouTube. As far as sprites and such for the screenpack (with main menu and char select design and all that), the video Rodknee linked to ya will help you a LONG way. However, if you're referring to having one roster shown (rather than the standard two the IKEMEN gives you), there is of course a way. I might end up making a video of it very soon (like I stated in the YouTube comment). But if you do feel a bit impatient, I may explain it to you here in text (although be it, it might end up a bit confusing since I'm not particularly good at helping through text). If you need any assistance, feel free to respond... Thank you... hope this helps somewhat...

Thanks Fclass! Sorry if i'm coming off as impatient(Just excited to start a new project!) but it seems like you and OldGamer are the only ones who know how to make a ikemen screenpack. The screenpack video really does help A LOT with the actual sprites but I really dislike the way Ikemen has those 2 selection rosters.

P.S Huge fan of the tournaments, Is there another one in the works?
#5  April 23, 2016, 02:45:32 am
    • Puerto Rico

Thanks Fclass! Sorry if i'm coming off as impatient(Just excited to start a new project!) but it seems like you and OldGamer are the only ones who know how to make a ikemen screenpack. The screenpack video really does help A LOT with the actual sprites but I really dislike the way Ikemen has those 2 selection rosters.

No problem, I understand... So, you'd prefer for me to make a text version on how to get one character roster to be shown?

Also, I was thinking of hosting a tag tourney, but I'm working on something VERY SPECIAL for Revival's future (something that will probably take a while since it would change everyone and everything about the game), so I will be doing more tourneys, I just don't know when (as far as this version of revival)(1.0.4.3 to be exact).
#6  April 23, 2016, 03:01:19 am
    • USA

No problem, I understand... So, you'd prefer for me to make a text version on how to get one character roster to be shown?

Also, I was thinking of hosting a tag tourney, but I'm working on something VERY SPECIAL for Revival's future (something that will probably take a while since it would change everyone and everything about the game), so I will be doing more tourneys, I just don't know when (as far as this version of revival)(1.0.4.3 to be exact).

A text version would be very helpful until your next video!

Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:51:37 am by Kamikaze Black
#7  April 23, 2016, 04:25:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
New #8  April 23, 2016, 04:31:18 am
    • USA
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:34:33 am by Kamikaze Black