YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 983149 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1161  September 27, 2022, 03:54:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
We are never getting the one with the funky shoulder pads, right? Spoke too soon.

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/8V7Zx2u09l0[/youtube]

At long last, Duo Lon is finally here as an EX unit along with Optic Blast Omega Rugal who now comes with TWO 3PGs!  The fact we are slowly getting '03 debuts means that the long awaited '03 chapter ain't too far off.  No doubt EX Shen Woo is gonna be a thing soon.

I really hope Omega Rugal's 3PGs works with Greed Rugal as that would be a huge buff for Epic Quest's Cost 45 challenges.

At least his Menacing Walk will finally get an official name or at least something close to one...
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1162  September 28, 2022, 06:09:37 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/72398

So for some reason, we are, in fact, getting BOTH XV Omega Rugal and XV Boss Omega Rugal alongside EX Duo Lon.

Meaning we will be getting up to 3 EX units.  However, XV Rugal will be available to all for free as well as his menacing walk 3PG card, so there's that.

EX Duo Lon is Purple Defense, XV Rugal is Blue Defense, and XV Boss Omega is Green Attack.

Deimos Base next season will now include battles where you and 2 AI units must partake in a free-for-all setting and another where you must save against enemies for 2-minutes straight.

One major improvement is the addition of the "Retry" function for several modes.  Now you can restart a stage without going through 20+ seconds worth of lag through the formations page.
Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:17:12 am by Kirishima
#1163  October 13, 2022, 01:03:10 pm
In a surprising move, Netmarble has given all players the full Deimos Base rewards that includes both a BS and a SS memory as well as other freebies like rubies.  This is due to a recent issue with the next season of Deimos Base that came with no rewards and had to be pulled.

Edit:
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/73337

You know the drill.  4k rubies, dream match, items for future EX stuff, Carnival, yatta yatta yatta
Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 01:39:54 am by Kirishima
#1164  October 20, 2022, 04:14:26 pm

Friendly reminder that Goeniko is, in fact, a thing at another KOF Mobile game yet Netmarble has some sort of grudge against her that they would rather give the Lady Kid status to CHIN just to spite with her.
#1165  October 20, 2022, 07:56:22 pm
TBH I'm not against the idea of finding ways to make the stupidest, ugly, gimmick characters of the series relevant again, and going through genderbending is an easy way to do it and give them a proper moveset, because they do have a concept that is frustratingly underused because they're stuck in all the old typecasting / tropes and they have zero evolution and "new generation" "passing the baton" with newer designs.
Loli Chang was disgusting though. They went way too hard on the "big guy becomes small, small guy becomes tall".
Just give Lady Geese an update plz ;_;
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:00:35 pm by Byakko
#1166  October 21, 2022, 02:59:17 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
My problem with Lady Choi was losing all the quirk and charm regular Choi was.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1167  October 21, 2022, 10:26:36 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
When are we getting male swapped chars though?
#1168  October 24, 2022, 02:00:44 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
yeah give me male Vice or give me death

Honestly wondering how this next EX event is gonna pan out because the Tekken one and the last one burned me out so hard.
Saving up as many rubies as I can to avoid another disaster but I get the feeling Chin's never coming home lmao
#1169  October 25, 2022, 09:27:18 pm
Spoiler: Yea, I'm on the same fence in regards to saving up on rubies after getting this beauty maxed out (click to see content)

Both Kid Chin and XV Athena will be the focus on this week's upcoming banner.  Co-Op fest returns in which you'll automatically be put into either Team Athena or Team Chin and whichever team gets the most support, more freebies will be delivered to them.

Much like the recent Lady Choi event, there will be additional cards available from the shop where you must forfeit a wad of rubies to even get if you are unlucky to get them in the Card Dungeon.

Admist the usual event stuff (Chapter of Fight, World Tour, Towers, etc), there will be a new Deimos Base season that cranks up the difficulty for units up to 250k Combat Power.  If you don't have a pre-existing A7 unit, good luck even trying.  Tower of Trials also gets floor expansions that gets sadder and sadder with each passing floors.
#1170  October 25, 2022, 09:29:55 pm
Is the new gimmick a costume / color swap... ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1171  October 25, 2022, 09:34:58 pm
I like to think it might be like Hwoarang's/Alisa's stance swap, except depending on what color scheme XV Athena is, it unlocks different cores/debuffs/DoT/etc.  Imagine if it can switch color class.

When are we getting male swapped chars though?

When SNK acknowledges Mugen's Gelato (or Gliz, whatever it's called now)
Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:44:22 pm by Kirishima
#1172  November 01, 2022, 07:40:44 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
So, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the folks at NetMarble ended the Halloween event early a day or two ago following the stampede tragedy in Seoul, South Korea:
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/73814

Personally, I think this was a good call.
#1173  November 03, 2022, 02:08:47 am
There was a new patch added that replaces a lot of Halloween related content.  Event items are now into Autumn themed, and to make up for the lost content, a new Notification gift was added that gives you freebies.

They also mention that the FES Set cards that were obtainable via rubies will come back in the future for those that were unfortunate or fortunate.

Don't bother with Deimos Base.  Even with A7 stuff, the ludicrous damage reductions hinder almost a plethora of them.  This mode heavily encourages you to get A5 XV Athena or Lady Chin as they get a major boost in Attack but good luck getting through Starlight and Physical DoT as almost no unit has no negation to these. 

Best I was able to get was 30  :mcry:
#1174  November 14, 2022, 10:09:45 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I'm really feeling the weight of this power creep.
Just a little while ago, my Athena was at A3 with 160k power. Managed to pull two more and get her to A4, and after getting those A4 milestone medals and the star stone, she went from 170k to 193k.

My strongest unit until then was my Nostalgia Chun-Li at 136k with the SF5 crit option cards
She's A7.

This fuckin game lmao
#1175  November 14, 2022, 10:47:45 pm
Yeah, Akuma and Ryu are above 270K and Devil Jin and green Rugal are above 330K, all around lv65 with full gear. But no one else comes close to those EX. Even from SFV to Tekken and Rugal.
I skipped the rest of Tekken and everything after beside green Rugal, I'm not sure I'll do much else.
Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 10:53:14 pm by Byakko
#1176  November 18, 2022, 04:41:26 pm

In a surprising move, XV Haohmaru and XV Nakoruru will be the next units to get the EX class.  This isn't meant to be a rerun of the Samsho collab from years as they will have completely new kits and cards set only for them.

However, their Imprint Stones can also work for the Samsho units if you are insane.

The annual Black Friday sale once again returns and loads of events have been announced!

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/74437

EX Kyo, Shermie, Angel, and Krohnen will have rerun banners with Kyo and Shermie being a part of Vol.1 and Angel and Krohnen for Vol.2.  This includes their cards on separate banners as well.

The unique Black Friday final reward is the returning EX Lady Choi.  Additionally, the chibi Sacred Treasures team FES Set Cards that got pulled during the Halloween event will now be available once again.
Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 05:38:50 pm by Kirishima
#1177  December 13, 2022, 02:05:31 am
https://kofallstar.netmarble.com/en/soulcalibur6

Transcending updates and the server, a tale of rares and rates, eternally rerolled...

New collab inbound confirmed to be Soul Calibur VI.

New bingo and craft events are out that allows you to redeem future tickets for the upcoming collab starting in 12/22.

Shit does this mean we might see Darkstalkers in the future

First thing you will notice is the sudden absence of any male reps from the Soul Calibur universe.  That's right, much like the DoA6 collab over a year ago, all guests are female.  No Nightmare.  No Siegfried.  No Yoshimitsu again. No Mitsurugi.  No Patro-pffffffttthaha

The cast is Ivy (including a seperate alt outfit from SCV confirmed to be free), Seung Mina, Taki, and Cassandra who will also have her SC4 appearence making a total of 6 units.  Since the SF5 collab, the distribution will once again be 3 EX with one via paid packaging, 2 SS class, and 1 free FES.

Oddly no Sophitia but it is what it is.
Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 02:06:51 pm by Kirishima
#1178  December 14, 2022, 05:33:21 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
No males of course. Is this game on it's deathbed? They've deepdived into coomerbaiting and haven't turn back and I generally never hear anything about this game anymore unless a big crossover happens.
Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 06:02:47 am by Mgbenz
#1179  December 14, 2022, 04:45:29 pm
Is this game on it's deathbed?
Considering the fact a year has passed since the last Story mode update and there is STILL no word on the Ash Saga, the supposed Emblem buffs for Team specific units, Lunatic difficulty for the NESTS Arc, or the fact every new release has been tied to KOFXV with the exception of '03 Duo Lon not counting Lady units, I'll be surprised if it survives another year.

Hope they release another dev vid to see if the unit selection was a Bamco decision much like how they didn't allow Netmarble to rerelease the old Gold Tekken units.  Else, really odd that Sophitia and Nightmare, long time staples of the series, were seemingly excluded.  Even odder is that if they really wanted to, they could have given Taki and Seong Mi-Na different alts, or even reskin them for Natsu and Kilik.
#1180  December 15, 2022, 12:29:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The roster choice was absolutely a Netmarble choice. Bamco likely gave them more leeway since SC isn't as big as Tekken. These are the people that had to be told to put Sol in the GG collab and that they wanted to include more waifus in the SF5 collab. It's clear that let to their own devices, NM would turn every collab into an all waifus banner. Seriously, an SC Collab with no Sieg or Nightmare? Not even Kilik? Cass and Mina over Sophitia?

I've been keeping tabs and the drought of content has become very noticeable. They haven't had actual new content besides Deimos Base. Nevermind that the powercreep is still absurdly out of control(Compare Ryu, Akuma and EX Kyo with Lady Choi and Devil Jin and then compare those with EX Haoh and Nako)