YesNoOk

Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko updated 10-31-22 (Read 33449 times)

Started by Odb718, October 10, 2022, 06:38:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ryuko718 - Custom Ryuko upadted 10-22-22
#21  October 24, 2022, 01:14:20 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good update!
Looks even more interesting to play now!

Not an actual feedback, but stuffs I observed + suggestions.

jump MK needs one more frame after the actual kick
However, I imagine something like her crouch MK pose for her jump MK

Some plans on a kick throw ? (perhaps using frames of 1010 anim to make a leg slam)
Some air throw too ?

Is it me or there are some missing sprites/ unused sprites from the source character?
(Some attack unused sprites)

Would be good to include a file with command list.
#22  October 25, 2022, 05:19:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks for the video @MatreroG:  I think the lack of AI is showing in that video. How she's constantly trying to use the charge state. The glitchy in and out of it stinks. Actually messing with the AI for the first time, I noticed I never commented out Dragon Breath. So you wouldn't be able to do the move but the computer can. That's changed now. I'm trying to get the AI to not swap in and out of the chargestate. An update to the AI will probably be the next upload.
She seems to love doing the Dragon Dive and throw a lot. I'll try to even those priorities out to give her more variety. 
I've added in the three "new: ultras into AI. I'm trying to get a good balance. Right now she's got a super high probability of going into the Fighting God Ursula ultra.

I've done some QoL stuff. Like the AI wouldn't switch to anim 5210 in the hit recovery state. She'd flash white but sill be stuck in the hit animation.
Somehow AssertSpecial was never coded into her victory poses. It is now. A few other small things like that.

There are a couple moves taken out. I was thinking about using her "250" sprites for the dash kick. I might make it a command basic for forward+medium kick. Obviously her Dragon Breath got removed. There's a few sprites that aren't used from the source.

I don't know if there's a frame in between sprites 640,2 and 650,7. The two sprites are very similar in poses so to try and make a new sprite in between them, idk it'd be worth the effort. Do you think it just needs a delay on the leg retraction?

I'm not sure if I'll be making a 2nd throw or not. I doubt I could some up with sprites for it.

I've been editing the AI. With just some basic reordering She's much tougher already.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#23  October 25, 2022, 09:11:44 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for the video @MatreroG:  I think the lack of AI is showing in that video. How she's constantly trying to use the charge state. The glitchy in and out of it stinks. Actually messing with the AI for the first time, I noticed I never commented out Dragon Breath. So you wouldn't be able to do the move but the computer can. That's changed now. I'm trying to get the AI to not swap in and out of the chargestate. An update to the AI will probably be the next upload.
She seems to love doing the Dragon Dive and throw a lot. I'll try to even those priorities out to give her more variety. 
I've added in the three "new: ultras into AI. I'm trying to get a good balance. Right now she's got a super high probability of going into the Fighting God Ursula ultra.

I've done some QoL stuff. Like the AI wouldn't switch to anim 5210 in the hit recovery state. She'd flash white but sill be stuck in the hit animation.
Somehow AssertSpecial was never coded into her victory poses. It is now. A few other small things like that.

There are a couple moves taken out. I was thinking about using her "250" sprites for the dash kick. I might make it a command basic for forward+medium kick. Obviously her Dragon Breath got removed. There's a few sprites that aren't used from the source.

I don't know if there's a frame in between sprites 640,2 and 650,7. The two sprites are very similar in poses so to try and make a new sprite in between them, idk it'd be worth the effort. Do you think it just needs a delay on the leg retraction?

I'm not sure if I'll be making a 2nd throw or not. I doubt I could some up with sprites for it.

I've been editing the AI. With just some basic reordering She's much tougher already.

Yes, using anim 250 as an extra kick would be good.

The actual HK have a limited reach (particularly used in combo) So, my try would be to make it the close HK.
And using anim 250 as a Far HK with a bit of x velocity.
still a possibility to use a command move version with forward.

About the air MK and throw, I think I'll try to cook something...
It will certainly take a bit of time (long but not that hard)

is the CS palette included in Ryuko718?
#24  October 25, 2022, 09:34:09 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
palette 718,187 is probably the closest to it. I removed the palette I was using to put the purple palette on top of it.
718,187 is missing the belt and bow. You could copy them from another palette pretty easily though.

I've been trying to make a solid formula for punching P2 in the head with Air Light Punch. I've got a good first step on locating P2's head. Now I need to take into account velocities to make adjustments.
#25  October 25, 2022, 10:44:13 am
  • A.K.A. NED
palette 718,187 is probably the closest to it. I removed the palette I was using to put the purple palette on top of it.
718,187 is missing the belt and bow. You could copy them from another palette pretty easily though.

I've been trying to make a solid formula for punching P2 in the head with Air Light Punch. I've got a good first step on locating P2's head. Now I need to take into account velocities to make adjustments.

Nice ! I'll PM you some stuffs.

You can add to my feedback something I noticed.

When you do her special jump AND cancel it with her mid air special huricane kick, then land.
You cannot do the special jump again. unless you do a normal jump between the 2 tries.

I think it's some kind of variable problem or something like that.
Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:21:53 pm by Momotaro
#26  October 31, 2022, 02:48:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
A decent sized update. I've started in on the AI for her. Right now she should be very aggressive if you put her later in the roster. It's not as good as I want it, but it's worth releasing.
I fixed a couple big bugs with 2 of her utlras.
New Halloween palette!
There's been a few more smaller tweaks too. Like both Air fierce punch and heavy kick should send P2 into a fall. This way they can activate rolls and get up quicks and whatever else. Stuff like that.

the Def should say
versiondate = 12/21/12 ;10-31-2022  ;Version date of character crazy AI
for the Current version
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5hcq3yjg2dmnxr/Ryuko718.zip/file
https://easyupload.io/vrk1jq
Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 02:51:45 pm by Odb718
#27  October 31, 2022, 05:46:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
A decent sized update. I've started in on the AI for her. Right now she should be very aggressive if you put her later in the roster. It's not as good as I want it, but it's worth releasing.
I fixed a couple big bugs with 2 of her utlras.
New Halloween palette!
There's been a few more smaller tweaks too. Like both Air fierce punch and heavy kick should send P2 into a fall. This way they can activate rolls and get up quicks and whatever else. Stuff like that.

the Def should say
versiondate = 12/21/12 ;10-31-2022  ;Version date of character crazy AI
for the Current version
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5hcq3yjg2dmnxr/Ryuko718.zip/file
https://easyupload.io/vrk1jq

Sweet !!!
#28  October 31, 2022, 10:30:29 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
You misspelled "updated" in the topic title, Odb. :P