YesNoOk

CVG CENSORSHIP AHOY - A RANT TOPIC (Read 19498 times)

Started by GOH, June 13, 2011, 09:13:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CVG CENSORSHIP AHOY - A RANT TOPIC
#21  June 13, 2011, 11:33:35 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Honestly Bastard Wolf is kind of right, you did provoke them.  However in doing so you further exposed them for being a bunch of Orwellian crybabies.  Oh well.

GOH

#22  June 13, 2011, 11:38:07 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Yeah. Well what can I say, except.
#23  June 13, 2011, 11:42:05 pm
    • Thailand
Lol. Why is there cornerpush on a projectile supermove?

GOH

#24  June 13, 2011, 11:46:59 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Cool. Now Volzilla is sending me PMs at MI.

Cap

#25  June 13, 2011, 11:51:55 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Block him and be done with it.
#26  June 13, 2011, 11:52:28 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
What would become of the world if all Mugens were censored? What would become of us?
#27  June 13, 2011, 11:54:21 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

GOH

#28  June 13, 2011, 11:56:11 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Funny thing is, I think you need a few flag requests to get the video down without even the option to appeal. The videos were removed but I didn't even get the appeal option available.
Use "Ignore" option and you're done. Simple as that.
I'll let the manboy speak. I'll just be giving him reason by ignoring him.
#29  June 14, 2011, 12:00:22 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I don't see any problem with starting a discussion here about it, GOH. It's natural to want to discuss things that anger you with like-minded people, whether it be for support or vindication.

I recently had an IM conversation with Volzilla where I tried to tell him that a lot of their staff and creators are too sensitive about things, and he disagreed and kept insisting that people who leave blunt or harsh feedback are doing it for their own amusement or to get themselves over with their buddies, which I disagree with. He also lumped MI and MFG together as places where people are allowed to be rude and disrespectful without punishment, and even seemed to suggest that we encourage that behavior. I feel like he's judging everyone here the same way people judge the people at his forum. However, I would be lying if I didn't admit that I've gone through a ton of release and WIP threads at CVG, and sometimes it feels as if their reputation is justified. I've seen entire threads go 3 or 4 pages of just posts that say "Wow! Finally *insert character here* has come to Mugen!" followed by a ton of random smileys. He just kept saying "not all of us are like that," but then kept lumping everyone at MFG and MI together in the same way he accuses everyone else of doing to him and his forum. I personally endured a ton of harsh feedback, and I'm a better creator for it. I also suggested to him that many CVG creators and staff seem to mistake bluntness for rudeness. In the end it seems they will always have a different standard as far as what's "rude" or "constructive" or "respectful."  In my experience, any time I see someone here at MFG being genuinely rude or mean-spirited, they are warned or banned pretty swiftly, and a lot of what I see get warned or deleted at CVG seems fine. I really think they should grow thicker skin, or stop being shocked that they have the reputation that they do.

I've never personally had a problem with Volzilla, although I'm sure he'll find out I posted this and get upset about it. All I've posted here is the truth though, and I feel I've posted it in the nicest and most constructive way possible.

Download Last Bout now!

GOH

#30  June 14, 2011, 12:12:14 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I'm having a PM conversation with him. He feels that it was uncool for me to say that it was probably him who flagged my videos. However I did mention I was pretty certain it was someone from CVG, and I have no way to find out who. So whoever flagged my videos was smart enough to do it and get away with it. And I can't really trust him after all the acts he's been pulling off. I'm not blind. I listen to what people have to say and observe what's going on around me. I don't like his forum, and I think he's a moron and hypocrite for defending something which he knows it's not right. I say things the way I see them. I have no problems saying things I think are wrong about MFG or MI. So why is he acting like Mr. Nice Guy? I can't really trust someone like that.
#31  June 14, 2011, 12:19:03 am
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
It probably was him that flagged your stuff. I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt just cause he said "wasn't me".
#32  June 14, 2011, 12:42:42 am
    • USA
I feel like back in 2007, with the whole forum dramas and all that.

I have yet to read the rest of the replies here but I find it extremelly hillarious that you posted about forum censorship at M.I., site where I stopped hosting my stuff (AND got all the stuff already hosted removed) because I also let SyN host my stuff at CS-X back then...  ;P

GOH

#33  June 14, 2011, 12:44:19 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I didn't make a topic about it, I just mentioned it after the mutes and all that.

I WOULD post more proof that CVG is horrible but what's the use? I think my point was made.
#34  June 14, 2011, 12:56:01 am
    • USA
After reading it all I can say Sean Altly pretty much said what I think about the whole situation. And hell, how can we blame GOH for thinking that Volzilla was the one who flagged his vids?

I still remember the whole "give me OG's IP" thing, how he has the guts to say that Gill chase them is beyond me. If there's something I know about Orochi Gill is that he's not the kind of guy who wastes his time in such silly things.

Cap

#35  June 14, 2011, 02:48:14 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
#36  June 14, 2011, 02:51:04 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I thought this was funny/related:

Samir from GoH's vid said:
@PerryMason123

you're the one that should grow the fuck up, Scotsman!!!

leave already the mugenworld.. go clean your eyeglasses or go to the gym, you fat fucking piece of shit, american douchebag!!!
SMMili91 4 hours ago

yeah samir should never be unbanned, but this is related to the above post.
#37  June 14, 2011, 02:51:33 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
CVG ain't Volz site!! It's SPOOKY's.. Volz is just an admin over there... And GOH not everything about CVG is bad!.. ofcourse we have some members that are rude and others that want to play nice, but that is a lot same over at MFG.. I don't point out people becaus I'm the same.. I can be sercastic!, I can be rude, I can be nice.. But I play by the rules! learn from the others. That's what so great about community's, theyre almost the same haha... But I must say that Volz is far from the only one that can modify videos over at CVG, I don't know who it was or could be, but I'm just telln that it does not ''have'' to be Volz!...

I hope you can stop this thread before it migh starts into a bigger fight...
Because by my point of view I am sick and tired of all of this things... I have nothing against OG, GOH, Volz or anyone at MFG or CVG... but please... for Elecbyte's sake! keep it cool  :)
And don't hate me for telling my opineon  :-\
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#38  June 14, 2011, 03:03:21 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
what

GT

#39  June 14, 2011, 03:06:58 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
He's basically saying that the actions/thoughts/opinions of Volzilla don't represent Cvg as a whole.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#40  June 14, 2011, 03:07:22 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
{Sarcastic mode}isn't more easy Blacklist the motherfuckers there and in all Main Mugen Communities so they can fight themselves until CVGteam die in a matter of weeks?{/Sarcastic mode}

allright that this is too radical but, if this situation run out of control