YesNoOk

Caddie general thread |Current: SF2NES| (Read 102726 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, June 07, 2011, 06:35:42 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Hey there, which stage do YOU want to play?

Kof 95 Rival Team/Iori stage
16 (20%)
All 8 640x480 Neowave stages
25 (31.3%)
The last of the SFA3 stages
16 (20%)
More Garou: MotW stages
23 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Re: Caddie general thread |Current: SF2NES|
#501  October 30, 2018, 08:57:06 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Re: Caddie general thread |Current: NEOWAVE|
#502  October 30, 2018, 12:03:04 pm
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#503  November 02, 2018, 01:40:58 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Maybe later. Working on more SF2Nes stuff now, we'll see what I do later on.

I've been working on a new character for the game that I'm not ready to show off. It's gonna take a while, especially because Bia's coding is a bit complexer than I thought it was gonna be. Outside of that I've finished implementing a ton of things, like the character select screen completed and blinking powerbars that are character based. Can't really show off much cause I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but I have something funny to share. I thought this was gone forever but I found it in my original SF2Nes folder's work files before it got updated to SSF2Nes.

Originally Sean and Dan were gonna be jokey mid-bosses(before you fight Shadaloo, to compliment how Akuma and Sheng Long are the serious final bosses. I was gonna program cutscenes for them too. Here's something I drew for that:

#504  November 02, 2018, 05:19:24 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
@Caddie:

This is unrelated to other project I'm working on, but I thought you'd appreciate this set I played with a friend over Parsec. I was Akuma.

#505  November 02, 2018, 05:43:26 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It brings me great joy to see someone having fun playing our silly little game, thank you for sharing that. :)
#506  November 29, 2018, 02:39:01 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hi yall, big update here. I've been working on SF2nes every day and have a development plan for it. There is a bit of something I want to say about that though.

DISCLAIMER

Just wanted to make it clear that I am the only person working on the game at the moment. For anyone who doesn't know or doesn't remember since the project was started over 10 years ago, I'm one of the co-creators of the game. Any other co-creators who may have worked on the project in the past have no current or future interest or involvement in the project. I still consider them good, close, and dear friends so it's not anything like that. :P

To go along with that I've considered changing the name of the project just to slightly differentiate it from past versions. Not out of shame or anything but just to show that we've moved on. The current name I'm considering is Mighty Street Fighter or something like that. Mighty Street Fighty lol

DISCLAIMER END

I'm ready to announce the first new character! Anyone who played the last new version of the project saw that there was a bunch of shadowed portraits that showed future characters. However I was never really interested in adding two of those characters; Guy and Nash. They're both cool but I have something different in mind. So first new character is...MIKE from Street Fighter 1

Mike came about because I wanted to put an alternate version of Balrog in the game that plays like SF5 'Rog while still keeping the current Balrog in the game. It made sense to add Mike in since 'Rog has a Mike outfit in SF5. So Mike is kinda like Balrog's Ken if that makes sense.

I finished programming his gameplay this morning, but he has placeholder sprites for most of his moves(literally ripped screenshots of SF5 lol). This is how I'm going to program characters from now on, using placeholder sprites in order to program their moves and then going back and finishing their spritework. I hope to have Mike's sprites finished by the end of December. If you wanna see what I mean by placeholder sprites, here's kinda how he looks right now when doing moves(I've nerfed his damage a bit since this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8RN21y47rI

Right now the plan is for him to use Balrog's voice samples but I might change it to someone elses to fit Mike's revamped character design.

For the future of the game, I'll reveal more about it as time goes by. You can see some of the system tweaks in Mike's character so far. I've added shadows to the game! Also I've redone the power bars again. It was a bit tough to get that to work in the games current resolution but so far there are no problems anymore! When I get about half the characters done I think I'll switch over to a full WIP thread. Right now I'll say that I fully intend for Cammy, Deejay, and T Hawk to make it into the game to complete the SSF2 cast. And outside of Mike I have another 3 characters that I'd like to add. Also I plan to tune up all the characters in one way or another! New moves/normals/small things like taunts, winposes, and intros. Stuffs like that. I want the game to feel "complete" if and when I release it!

That's all for now, thank you to anyone still interested in this and for remembering me.  :)
#507  November 29, 2018, 03:54:39 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think you'd get "better traffic" if you moved this to the projects area.
#508  November 29, 2018, 04:43:02 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I agree, also as much as I would like to see Nash, Mike is super cool to see get represented in this game.
#509  November 29, 2018, 05:50:19 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hmm maybe I should just move the whole damn thread. Or I could wait until I decide on whether the name is changing or not and just start a new thread. I dunno, we'll see.
I agree, also as much as I would like to see Nash, Mike is super cool to see get represented in this game.
Glad to see someone feeling that way about Mike. Also I don't hate Nash or anything, just a bit more interested in other characters.
#510  November 29, 2018, 08:15:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
So from what you said, Guy and Nash is getting axed. Mike is one fighter coming to the game, but now I wonder who is the other fighter.... Either way, super glad that this game after all this time is still being worked on.
New #511  June 30, 2022, 11:21:09 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hey it's been a bit, for anyone who remembers me thought I'd let you know about some things that are coming soon from me.

I've redesigned my web site, it's mostly finished and will be divided into two sections; stage archive and Mighty Street Fighter. The stage archive will have a bunch of new changes to it, to make it easier to sort through via a dropdown menu and provide a better preview of what you're downloading.

- Each stage will have a small youtube clip associated with them to show off what they are, which you have to click to bring up so it's not autoplay or anything like that.
- Stages will be updated to ensure Mugen 1.0 compatibility. Deltas have been updated on every stage that was causing problems on higher resolutions. This is 100% done and just needs to be uploaded.
- Neowave stages upgraded to original 640x480 resolution, and last 3 stages will be released. These are all done EXCEPT the bridge stage, which even though I added the cars that go by, I have to add a bit of randomness to them. This will take like a day to do and to test to make sure it's programmed properly.
- CvS2 Training stage will be updated to 640x480 res. This has been a pain in the butt because of how Mugen 1.0 does resolution, and even though I thought I was done I'm only like 50% done with this and might have to restart work on this. Every workaround I've tried to prevent starting over hasn't worked.

Outside of that, I'll finally have a hub for Mighty Street Fighter. On the page you'll be able to download the game, or view information on every character in the game. This will include a complete movelist, which thanks to moving over to IKEMEN will also be in the game. Also will be a link to my youtube channel, which has been revamped as a Mighty Street Fighter channel.

Gonna try and have everything done in a few weeks tops, depends on how things will end up transferring the site from the sitebuilder I'm using to smeenet.
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:00:12 am by Cobra Caddie
#512  June 30, 2022, 12:07:40 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Looks fabulous indeed, Cad.