It looks like I've already implemented everything you aim for and more. TheFclass97 probably remembers me from discord where we discussed this project few months ago.
Here's quick rundown of things already implemented in ikemen:
- VS Mode
- Team Co-op
- Survival Co-op
- Extras (some additional modes like Free Battle, Boss Rush, Bonus Games)
2. Each mode works exactly the same as in mugen with some extras
3. select.def parser (everything is taken into account including stage and music selection for particular matches and [Options] section that controlls arcade mode)
4. Select screen that works the same way as mugen + additional support for looping through not visible rows known from ikemen
5. Parser for some vanilla mugen DEF files, so that you don't have to recode them in lua:
- screenpack logo
- screenpack intro
- screenpack gameover
- screenpack credits
- character intro
- character ending
6. Win quotes support (text read directly from character files)
7. Options screen can save values and has more options unique to ikemen
8. Some things not present in mugen:
- character animations in select screen
- counter in continue screen
- a way to change characters order before each battle starts (you know, the way team modes work in KOF games)
9. Ported Winmugen Elecbyte's screenpack to ikemen format and included some sample characters and stages for easier testing
10. Probably tons of other stuff that I forgot to mention since it's been months since I touched the code.
In other words pretty much everything from vanilla mugen is available in ikemen.
The project is available on my github: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-Plus
ShinLucho, considering this work is much further in development than yours I've sent you invitation on github, so that you can modify it as you wish without pull requests. I think combining our efforts would be better rather than developing 2 different projects with the same goal (which is a sample screenpack that can be used by others as a base for ikemen games). Feel free to improve the code and implement new things. I'm not really a programmer, so some code may look a bit messy and probably there are better ways to achieve some things. Before publishing it I wanted to write proper documentation to make screenpack editing easier but I lost motivation on it (English is not my first language so this proved to be the most boring part). Some things are also not polished enough to bother ikemen author yet (I wanted to send him these files so that the project could be officially implemented in ikemen if he likes it).
If you’re interested in working together on this we can use this topic going forward. If not than I will create new one on this board and rename the project on github.
edit: the message that shows up each time you add new characters is related to characters animations in select screen / continue screen. Of course it's easy to get rid of it in lua code and use normal portraits instead.
Holy shit dude. How could the project be dead? This is the first time I've heard of it and it's seriously essential for the community! And it's updated to the latest version of IKEMEN!
I beg for you to not let this be dead. I'm seriously holding onto this because I'll certainly be using the code you provided!
Looking for additional IKEMEN/Fighter Factory programmers for a big project. PM me for details.