YesNoOk

Air Blocking nitpick (Read 865 times)

Started by ANTY, September 12, 2021, 12:55:47 am
Share this topic:
Air Blocking nitpick
#1  September 12, 2021, 12:55:47 am
    • USA
So I just found out that whenever you in the air and you hold up while also holding back so that you can block you actually won't be able to block attacks at all. I know the simple solution is to just not hold up but is there any way to make it to where you don't have to let go of the up button to block? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it not like that in fighting games where you can block in the air (MvC for example).
Re: Air Blocking nitpick
#2  September 22, 2021, 12:02:29 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I have.... never seen that? Have the guard states or the holdback commands been messed with somehow? Or th3 character has noairguard asserted? Guard is hard coded in terms of access and how it behaves so to find something like that this far down the line makes me think its something else interfering.

Not that you're not seeing it. But you can't be the first person in 21 years to find something like that so i figure its character related. Does it happen with kfm?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Air Blocking nitpick
#3  September 24, 2021, 02:42:38 am
    • USA
Yeah it do the same thing with Kung Fu Man too. I checked my character's guard states (Black Widow by Acey) and it identical to KFM's guard states. I jumped and held up while also holding back and I couldn't block for some reason. Been messing with the blocking code a bit to try and find a solution but no luck so far.