Likiji123's Sprites (Read 213992 times)

Started by likiji123, December 08, 2014, 04:49:02 am
Re: Likiji123's Sprites
#101  January 28, 2016, 08:39:23 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Lots of Helpful Text
Thank you so much for the advice and help
i have fixed up gill and hopefully it looks better and more accurate to the NGPC style

EDIT2: I made an animated stance of gill
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:04:23 pm by likiji123
#102  January 28, 2016, 04:29:38 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
That's a HUGE improvement!  :swoon:

There are still a few things that can be addressed with the pose/animation, but as far as the style goes, you're much closer.

I'm thinking for a workaround for the lack of blue... maybe add black toning to his other half? It's not blue, but it's not white either. And it'll help it stand out from the white of the hair/loincloth.

P.S.: All the gif files I hotlinked in my previous post were normal size at first. Not sure how they got huge all of a sudden. I'll fix it, but give me a bit of time, lol.
#103  January 28, 2016, 09:04:18 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
P.S.: All the gif files I hotlinked in my previous post were normal size at first. Not sure how they got huge all of a sudden. I'll fix it, but give me a bit of time, lol.

Wikia's Vignette server is against external hotlinking. Their old image server didn't do this, however.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#104  January 29, 2016, 03:42:07 am
    • Argentina
#105  January 29, 2016, 06:31:43 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
That's a HUGE improvement!  :swoon:

There are still a few things that can be addressed with the pose/animation, but as far as the style goes, you're much closer.

I'm thinking for a workaround for the lack of blue... maybe add black toning to his other half? It's not blue, but it's not white either. And it'll help it stand out from the white of the hair/loincloth.
Thank you :D
i tested to see what the black for the blue part looked like but i wasnt a huge fan of it so im keeping it as white

also i edited one of the frames to make it smoother

also i made a colour version

EDIT: Does anyone have any request for characters in the NGPC style (i kinda ran out of ideas)
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:52:18 pm by likiji123
#106  January 29, 2016, 01:53:15 pm
    • Argentina
You could probably do an Urien sprite now that you've done Gill... and that would leave a slot open for someone else to make a request, since it's a simple enough edit.
#107  January 29, 2016, 02:09:19 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
You could probably do an Urien sprite now that you've done Gill... and that would leave a slot open for someone else to make a request, since it's a simple enough edit.
Hmmm, i might do that
but for now i made Jon Talbian (from Darkstalkers) in the NGPC style
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:16:28 pm by likiji123

lui

#108  January 29, 2016, 04:52:52 pm
    • USA
you JUST learned how to do an accurate sprite, howcome you just did the mistake of the head and hands being too small again? this is another problem you have when doing multiple sprites in the same style sometimes, you end up makin em inconsistent (a great example is with Android 17, your latest anim has his ass STILL really fat for some reason in one frame then it gets too skinny the next frame)

though aside from that gallon looks fine in the other aspects :)
#109  January 29, 2016, 07:27:45 pm
You had to animate all the hair for Gill.
I made my edits: (I also made two faces, perhaps one of them could be useful for you for making Urien)

#110  January 29, 2016, 11:32:58 pm
    • Netherlands
Hmmm, i might do that
but for now i made Jon Talbian (from Darkstalkers) in the NGPC style

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that style have way different proportions? If I recall the heads, hands and even feet were pretty big for balancing and gameplay purposes. I'd like to see that style of proportion more incorporated in your NGPC style sprites. You've been getting better at it if you look at Gill, but I think it's something you should keep paying attention too.
#111  January 30, 2016, 12:00:42 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
you JUST learned how to do an accurate sprite, howcome you just did the mistake of the head and hands being too small again? this is another problem you have when doing multiple sprites in the same style sometimes, you end up makin em inconsistent (a great example is with Android 17, your latest anim has his ass STILL really fat for some reason in one frame then it gets too skinny the next frame)

though aside from that gallon looks fine in the other aspects :)
I thought the head is the right size but i do kinda agree that the hands need to be bigger
You had to animate all the hair for Gill.
I made my edits: (I also made two faces, perhaps one of them could be useful for you for making Urien)

Thank you so much for that :D, the hair animation looks a lot better

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that style have way different proportions? If I recall the heads, hands and even feet were pretty big for balancing and gameplay purposes. I'd like to see that style of proportion more incorporated in your NGPC style sprites. You've been getting better at it if you look at Gill, but I think it's something you should keep paying attention too.
As i said before i thought the head was the right size and i thought the feet were in the right size

EDIT: Fixed the hand size and made his feet a bit bigger
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:24:52 am by likiji123
#112  January 30, 2016, 02:20:07 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I made urien
#113  January 30, 2016, 02:33:02 am
    • Argentina
Talbain feedback

To be fair, he's picking really hard characters with no existing base to turn into NGPC sprites.

Right now, I think its shortcomings have to do with the adaptation being too faithful (yes. the hands and head are bigger, but it lacks some of the cutesy/cartoonishness associated with the style. Basically, it's a great pocket sprite, but I wouldn't immediately think NGPC when looking at it. It's still something I would've loved to see if they ever made, let's say, a Darkstalkers game on the GBC, for example.

I honestly don't know how to explain what doesn't make it NGPC-ish.

Likiji123: would you mind if I gave Talbain a shot? I want to experiment with a few approaches and see if they work.
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:15:35 am by Graphicus
#114  January 30, 2016, 04:09:55 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Hmmmm, the way you said that makes me feel like making a custom GBC darkstalkers style and adapt it to all the characters (and maybe other characters, who knows)

also yea! you can give Talbain a shot. i always love seeing other peoples interpretation of something :D
#115  January 30, 2016, 12:23:42 pm
Talbain's feet don't need to be that detailed. The only detail you can see is usually just the big toe.
Also, here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.892331
there's a Talbain sprite. You can take notes from that.

About Urien, actually I would use the other face I made.
Then again, the faces I made are not really in NGPC style, so...
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:43:51 pm by Sin-
#116  January 30, 2016, 02:37:52 pm
    • Argentina
Here's my take on an NGPC Talbain (currently animating it):

#117  January 30, 2016, 03:00:18 pm
    • Argentina
I see good sprites here!

likiji123, you're improving, buddy! Keep it up :)

I remember EfeX making some of them and I think they could be useful!

I also remember having a sprite of Talbain made by another person (I never knew who did it).
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:06:53 pm by HadeS
#118  January 31, 2016, 01:51:17 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Sin-: Thank you for that page! i will definitely use it for references when i make more :D

Graphicus: Really nice job there! :)

HadeS: Thank you!
I feel like that Gill/Urien is a bit too detailed but thanks for the reference!
and also thanks for showing me that Talbain :D

I had another shot at Talbain hopefully its much more accurate :)

also, should i make the tail smaller?
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:22:33 am by likiji123
#119  January 31, 2016, 08:27:40 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I made Nash in his SFV design in the NGPC style :D

EDIT: and Q revamp!
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:50:27 am by likiji123
#120  February 02, 2016, 12:35:02 pm
  • Dance the night away!